IGNORED

Korn and Limp Bizkit

thehauntingsoul

complete oversimplification but korn/slipknot > pitchshifter/prodigy/nin > dnb/breakcore > aphex/pusher/snares is how i progressed from ages 12 to 16. oddly i was making some melodic ambient stuff on a SU700 sometime around the slipknot/pitchshifter stage. probably a big brother influencing me with massive attack.

I think I have every album my Pitchshifter. I like they're earlier, more metal stuff a lot. Plus they have those free samples at the end of almost every album.

• 9 years later...

First real concert I ever went to was the Family Values '99 tour with Korn and Limp Bizkit as headliners, both were in their "prime" and 13yo me fucking loved it at the time...

Pretty sure these vids were from the date I was at at the Target Center...

Sure, both bands have gone to (arguably were always) shit, but at the time this show was pure hype and i'll always have kind of a nostalgic soft-spot for their early stuff, early Korn holds up better than Limp imo. Edited by ghOsty

Korn are more of a singles band for me (ironically), proud owner of their Greatest Hits, Vol. [lol].

Every several years I find myself back in a brief Korn phase, where things like Here to Stay, Alone I Break and Blind are everything. But I can easily go 5 years without hearing them at all. They'll always be that obligatory backwards R on every pencil case in sight to me.

And like many pre-teens at the turn of the millennium, I was hooked on Limp once Nookie broke them. The communal listening, like bringing CD players and CDs into school for lunchtime crowd listens, was a rare thing. Unlike Korn though, no staying power, a nostalgia act more rooted in early adolescence (if that).

Edited by Roo

As cringey as much of it is, I have to concede Korn was pretty original when they first hit the scene. Shoulda hit it and quit it, but c'est la vie.  My dream is for Nu Metal to one day take the Most IDM crown.  I've got a whole album of comp tracks just waiting to vomit forth.

lol I would 100% be down for making some nu metal.

I consider the first three Korn albums to be classics. Super original riffs and melodic structures for the time.

We need a nu metal thread. I still listen to bands like Mudvayne, Spineshank, Flaw etc regularly.

They're both shit.

Nu metal was always something I listened to half-heartedly because so many of my peers did, and I can't say any of it has stood the test of time for me.

Or well, hardly any of it anyway.

papa roach is where it's at...

christ just reading that and I can hear the "cool dude" in the high school band intermediate class playing that riff on his unplugged electric guitar

2000 is still such a weird time for me to remember

CrazyTownButterflyVideo.jpg

come my lady

come come my lady

I'm a Padawan

Jedi

Baby

62c25f32024a2ff760a301e05152a79e.jpg