IGNORED

Confield

thehauntingsoul

Revisited it once last year, and marveled at how pop it now sounds to me. With the Quaristice and beyond era, going back to Confield it now feels less organic and more like such an intricate, contained, even retro experience, and I love it for that.

Pen expers also gave me this vivid daydream image of stumbling down a back alley and happening upon a nightclub where a machine is rap/rocking on stage to an audience of moshing machines. I know these sorts of themed descriptions can get a bit derivative, but it really popped out at me from nowhere, just the sincere joy contained in the music.

Edited by Roo

When you're bored of life you dream of one day passing your driving test, buying a van, leaving your cunt country with its cunt inhabitants, finding a long winding countryside road in the pitch black night, playing Parhelic Triangle as loud as possible, feeling; this is it, fuck it, pass out now, careen off the road down a drop, go to silicon heaven where all the calculators go.

Only a month to go ! Wish me luck !

^ yikes

It's getting hotter in Australia, so it's starting to become ideal Confield listening weather (imo). Might have to bust it out on one of the 40 degree days that are inevitably coming up.

When you're bored of life you dream of one day passing your driving test, buying a van, leaving your cunt country with its cunt inhabitants, finding a long winding countryside road in the pitch black night, playing Parhelic Triangle as loud as possible, feeling; this is it, fuck it, pass out now, careen off the road down a drop, go to silicon heaven where all the calculators go.

Only a month to go ! Wish me luck !

that's beautiful ?

I've always felt Parhelic Triangle could be a fitting accompaniment to the original texas chainsaw massacre score -or lack thereof

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This might be common knowledge, but the very end of Confield (last few bars of Lentic Catechresis) is directly picked up or continued at the very beginning of Gantz Graff; like Confield flows seamlessly into Gantz Graff.

This might be common knowledge, but the very end of Confield (last few bars of Lentic Catechresis) is directly picked up or continued at the very beginning of Gantz Graff; like Confield flows seamlessly into Gantz Graff.

Eh, nope?

Eh, nope?

yeah, last time i checked the only thing picked up in the beginning of gantz graf is the beginning of gantz graf in very low volume...

(edit: also didn't they mention gantz was in fact from around ep7 times?)

Edited by jaderpansen

Eh, nope?

yeah, last time i checked the only thing picked up in the beginning of gantz graf is the beginning of gantz graf in very low volume...

(edit: also didn't they mention gantz was in fact from around ep7 times?)

Yep, it was mentioned during the AAA sesh.

I definitely hear the similarities. Beyond that, I dunno.

Guest bitroast

original version i heard of this album didn't have parhelic triangle. when i finally got a copy of the album, parhelic triangle was like the best little surprise " bonus track " that really tied the album together. lesson learnt from all this ? !!! never steal !!!

Edited by bitroast

yeah I've tried to replicate the absolutely slamming sound design on that track many times

original version i heard of this album didn't have parhelic triangle. when i finally got a copy of the album, parhelic triangle was like the best little surprise " bonus track " that really tied the album together. lesson learnt from all this ? !!! never steal !!!

oh man, parhelic triangle is easily in my top ten ae tracks. I still have no idea how they created the main "disgusting folding flesh machine" sound.

MCR quarter is one of my favourite ae tracks. suuuuuch a banger

That must be the most fucking smashingest snare of all time.

I would love to hear a studio version of MCR Quarter