IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

I actually really like Krylon, and I like it more than See on See. But the aesthetic/composition of the two tracks is similar enough that Krylon just drags down the final portion of the album for me.

Well this is it, i agree there. On the first listen, i was fucking tired of the string sounds by that stage.....really tired. But after going back to it and revisiting certain tracks, i realised how much i liked the track, some beautiful progressions in it.

Guest kelvanE

^ that's a fucking travesty. bleep.com needs to employ people. yea i like their chill, music-is-the-focus style, and sexy web design, but they have to actually OPERATE.

Guest victorian sewer rituals

is anybody actually listening to the album?

absolutely. i've been noticing how kinda mood-lifting and at ease it makes me feel. it's like an autechre spa :emotawesomepm9:. oversteps smiles with its eyes. IT IS LUSH :cerious: .

Guest extridium

lol.......everyday...i think it's still awesome...getting better and better!

Guest Calx Sherbet

absolutely. i've been noticing how kinda mood-lifting and at ease it makes me feel. it's like an autechre spa :emotawesomepm9:. oversteps smiles with its eyes. IT IS LUSH :cerious: .

you perceive this album very differently than me. as great as i think Oversteps is, i find most of the tracks murky and desolate, it's so cold. i wouldn't say it brings really positive feelings. i picture the colors black and steel grey through most of the album.

guys im not about to read 295 pages of autechre masturbation

i only have one question. what is the best way to convert these damned 24 kbps wavs to something itunes wont cry about

(for windows)

i know, lame. don't remind me

i only have one question. what is the best way to convert these damned 24 kbps wavs to something itunes wont cry about

(for windows)

why not play it with VLC?

In case you want to play them in itunes just convert them to apple lossless and itunes will play them and you can upload them to your ipod in the lossless quality

on osx its MAX that does the conversion

just google "wav to apple lossless for windows" there should be a tool for windows too

Guest Miblo

(for windows)

why not play it with VLC?

In case you want to play them in itunes just convert them to apple lossless and itunes will play them and you can upload them to your ipod in the lossless quality

on osx its MAX that does the conversion

just google "wav to apple lossless for windows" there should be a tool for windows too

Yeah, I agree. The whole reason for having the 24bit .wavs is for their quality, and, unless I'm mistaken, any encoding of them will degrade that quality. If you're ready to step a little further out of the quagmire of iTunes, I could not more heartily recommend upgrading to Linux - any distribution of your choice - and listening to them with MPD, using ncmpc++ to control it. My 24bit .wavs play in it no problem, as will yours. The only downside is that .wav files can't be meta-tagged and so all your hours and days of listening to Oversteps will not be scrobbled.

i want to have both - 24kbps for archive purposes, 16 for listening, i have vlc but my computer sound setup is a joke

the reason i want to convert down is because im really ocd and for some reason it makes sense that the best possible sound quality for a 16kbps version can best come from the hi def "master" if thats what it is.

basically what im after is a program for shitty WINDOWS that could handle converting from 24, flac wont do it so i suppose most programs wouldn't either.

i dont feel like downloading another copy of it because im so lame.

Guest extridium

i want to have both - 24kbps for archive purposes, 16 for listening, i have vlc but my computer sound setup is a joke

the reason i want to convert down is because im really ocd and for some reason it makes sense that the best possible sound quality for a 16kbps version can best come from the hi def "master" if thats what it is.

basically what im after is a program for shitty WINDOWS that could handle converting from 24, flac wont do it so i suppose most programs wouldn't either.

i dont feel like downloading another copy of it because im so lame.

fl studio (demo)

adobe audition

ableton (30 days full demo)

dbpoweramp is the only way to go. i use it for all audio conversion, from 24-bit files to flac->mp3 for mobile devices etc. install the program, install the optional additional file format pack (if you even need it) and go nuts. the full version is a good purchase, due to the fact that its so easy to use a child could do it. you can even eat popcorn and watch which of your processor cores is doing each song. YIPPEE! Edited by sysyphus