IGNORED

Autechre - Oversteps (WARP210) [The MegaThread]

Friendly Foil

Guest theSun

is there anything quite like the syncopation or fuckedupedness in the known1 lead? only thing i can think of that comes close is viral rival

Guest theSun

pelt has that crazy background glitchy part with the hats, but the melodies are pretty straight. iris isn't really like known1 at all imo. basically i see no connection between the known1 lead and iris/pelt you dirty wanks

the way the part is gated sporadically (of course with reverb), and the delayed reverb with the awkward syncopation (on top of a very straight backing guitar line) creates a really unique feel. youtube says it sounds like coil but i don't know them.

Edited by theSun

Listen 'ere you fackin' caaahhhhhhhnnnnttt

I dunno.

Known(1) is in a world of it's own.

Eat a dick.

My dick.

Fanx.

pelt has that crazy background glitchy part with the hats, but the melodies are pretty straight. iris isn't really like known1 at all imo. basically i see no connection between the known1 lead and iris/pelt you dirty wanks

the way the part is gated sporadically (of course with reverb), and the delayed reverb with the awkward syncopation (on top of a very straight backing guitar line) creates a really unique feel. youtube says it sounds like coil but i don't know them.

i'm sorry i didn't know you meant the music production you reverbed gate compressed fart

i just meant the fuckedupness in both leads of the tracks that bend my very soul, IMO, my.

Treale - by this time i was pretty wasted so i feel like my observations might not be as objective. by the time this track comes on the album has already been playing for 65 minutes. so, you're kinda sick of it. this track sounds really gay, like, in a gay way: there's this 909 beat with a cute little whistling moog sound over the top (think snoop dog's first record) and a vocal sample that's saying either "dicks, eat 'em" or "this is IDM." i dunno, the voice sounds kinda like my ex so i skipped this one.

I really wish some of the rumored coil collab could appear magically on my hard drive without violating the wishes of booth/brown/balance/christopherson. Known(1) definitely kindles that particular desire.

Edited by baph

Guest theSun

did not like that coil song

i'm not talking that backing guitar shit in known1, i'm talking that lead syyyynth (4 y's necessary). how does it work amirite???

did not like that coil song

i'm not talking that backing guitar shit in known1, i'm talking that lead syyyynth (4 y's necessary). how does it work amirite???

wtf ostia is one of coil's best songs.

but known1 reminds me much more of dark river

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVEimUEMjvg

actually certain parts in Amber also give me a Dark River vibe, I wonder if B/B had discovered Coil at that point?

Edited by Joseph

Guest disoriental express

Now that i think about it, some of known1 does remind me of the clankiness and overall aesthetic of scatology/horse rotorvator. Though it's a fairly loose similarity to my mind. The dark river similarity is even looser to me but I can see it.

Edited by disoriental express

still the worst autechre album, i sometimes return to it to see if my opinion has changed but nope ! r ess and ox veix are nice but others are mostly uninspired random twinkly sfx with reverb on 11, its shitness is especially apparent when played against older ae albums.

this cancerous tumor of autechre phase of autechre needs to vanish from the pages of time.

still the worst autechre album, i sometimes return to it to see if my opinion has changed but nope ! r ess and ox veix are nice but others are mostly uninspired random twinkly sfx with reverb on 11, its shitness is especially apparent when played against older ae albums.

this cancerous tumor of autechre phase of autechre needs to vanish from the pages of time.

And which, pray tell, is your favourite? If it's anything before Chiastic Slide, I might not be able to take your opinion on this as seriously as otherwise.

you've got me wrong dude, to me autechre starts with chiastic slide/envane, i don't take their earlier albums seriously.

fav album..chiastic slide/confield/draft are all very dear to me

well even among Ae's fan you get very different tastes, probably because Autechre is a very complex/vast band, from ambient to digital madness, from techno, to noisey abstract moments...