IGNORED

mic controllaz you would like to collaborate with ae

Guest tht tne

this was brought up in the oversteps thread, that some of us would like a hip-hop album from autechre w/ one or more guest mcs

not being a huge fan of hip-hop, and really only liking mcs who already have their own thing established, what are your opinions?

if it was something like ccec, wherein the vocals get processed beyond syntax or something, a whole release worth might get old

imo it would have to be someone who was willing to weave in and out and leave space for ae to do what they do, but i say kool keith

Kool Keith seems the most likely but I would personally like to hear it with Immortal Technique.

they did already sample kool keith from an ultramagnetic mcs track, but i don't think they would produce for him because it's obvious

Vast Aire

Why stop there? Imagine if Cannibal Ox got back together for a sequel to The Cold Vein produced entirely by ae! :mellow:

Wouldn't mind if they did a compilation but if they made an LP of their shit with a couple of guest vocalist tracks I would probably vomit all over my shoe. It would be like editing a 6 minute recording of a traffic court hearing into the middle of a sci fi movie.

the great white hype

or even better it could be a Battles type of concept where instead of MC's battling back and forth Autechre could battle back with sound waves instead of vocals so like the MC would talk shit about how weak Ae's sound was, how they overuse FM synths, etc and sound gay then AE would respond with some massive low frequency sine wave that HURTS the rapper in the stomache, causing him to double over in pain and throw up. it would go back and forth like this the whole album. AE could even use the monomachine Vowel synth to spell out raps to battle with the MC.

vordul Meghala could drop good vocals pared with Ae. The production on the cold vein was pretty avant garde for its time.

this remix offers a couple of MCs that might do the trick.

SMOKE/LESS/FUELS: Elijah & Skilliam - 01012010 Mix

Kool Keith seems the most likely but I would personally like to hear it with Immortal Technique.

they did already sample kool keith from an ultramagnetic mcs track, but i don't think they would produce for him because it's obvious

Also, Goz Quarter: "jam like a techer" DUH

Archived