IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

Joe Meek! Awesome!

Recently I managed to snag a copy of Analog Bubblebath 2, which is cool to finally have.

Yeah, I was never fully aware of him until I heard "I Hear A New World" in a radio set by Spencer Clark from the Skaters. Now I'm trying to get a nice amount of material of his to check out. Many of the other releases were albums I'd downloaded up to five or six years ago and have been meaning to get around to purchasing. Very excited.

macchi_egis_ifuturibi_101b.jpg

excellent! same label that these two records, orchestra peter thomas's orion 2000 and...something else i just purchased came out on. that label is looking really sick as far as rereleases go.

btw, mellow u, forced exposure then emailed me to tell me both joe meek albums were sold out lol. i did manage to get the triumph records outtakes compilation elsewhere, but the I See A New World rerelease is like seventy bucks on ebay or something now. :(

macchi_egis_ifuturibi_101b.jpg

excellent! same label that these two records, orchestra peter thomas's orion 2000 and...something else i just purchased came out on. that label is looking really sick as far as rereleases go.

Yeah I have to check out more. I was digging the samples for this one, though the samples for the Il Gruppo D’Improvvisazione Nuova Consonanza album, Niente, sounded a little too "out" for me.

Edited by Tauhid

that was actually the other one i got. it's definitely a bit out, but i'm just beginning to soak it in along with all of the other records i got this past week. so jury's still a bit out.

333.jpg

just bought this reissue, kinda pricey\\

saw saw 85-92 at the record store as well the new bootleg version but it looked cheap as fuck so i'm not supporting it

I got this recently too, I used a boomkat gift voucher that someone gave me for Christmas.

To be honest, I find the mastering to be way too bass heavy. Really not so sure that it's an improvement on the original...

And yes, it is pricey. I could understand the price if it were 180 gram vinyl, but it isn't...

333.jpg

just bought this reissue, kinda pricey\\

saw saw 85-92 at the record store as well the new bootleg version but it looked cheap as fuck so i'm not supporting it

I got this recently too, I used a boomkat gift voucher that someone gave me for Christmas.

To be honest, I find the mastering to be way too bass heavy. Really not so sure that it's an improvement on the original...

And yes, it is pricey. I could understand the price if it were 180 gram vinyl, but it isn't...

yep,

it's kinda an essential album and i had the money... it really should be 180 gram vinyl i agree

bender2b.jpg

John Bender : "Memories Of Mindless Mechanical Monologues 1976-1985"

Finally, Vinyl-On-Demand come through with a 7LP retrospective of this genius. I've been waiting years for it.

This outstanding deluxe Box-Set delivers an excellent and extensive overview of John Benders music-output recorded between 1976-1985

John Bender is without any doubt, the protagonist, if not the inventor of a whole musical-genre known as Cold Minimal Wave/Synth.

His synthesizer-sounds already carried elements of techno and acid-beats while techno was still to be invented a decade later.

His voice and his partially sentimental and mourning lyrics made his music to something outstanding and extraordinary, unheard before in this mixture.

His three self-released Lp’s „I don’t remember now (1980), Plaster Falling (1981) and Pop Surgery (1983) are a must-have for every serious collector and interested person in such cold-wave/minimal-synth/techno-sounds.

The Lp’s „Plaster Falling“ and „Pop Surgery“ contain selections from several Tape-releases known as „Plaster: the Prototypes“ (1981), Packing List (1982), At the 4th Street Cage 1/83 (1983) & Do the Cage (1983) which compiled many of his recordings done between 1979 and 1983

The 7Lp-Folder-Set includes all and even extended Versions from those three Lp’s released on his own Label „Record Sluts“ plus most of his recordings from the 4 official Tape-Releases mentioned.

In addition to these official Vinyl and Tape-Releases the Box will also contain an extract of the Soundtrack-Recording to „Johnny Vortex“ (1985) as well as

Tracks from two Archive-Tapes with previously unreleased material recorded in 1976 (pre Record-Sluts) and 1978.

Just picked up the following over the last few weeks (although the first wasn't a purchase, but a trade) -

Hakobune - Recalling My Insubstantial Thoughts

Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters

The Dirtbombs - Party Store

Seefeel - (CH-Vox)

Sleeparchive - Papercup

Porter Ricks - Biokinetics (The blue one since Best Buy fucked up my order for the black)

Aphex Twin - SAW II (Sire Reissue)

DeepChord - Grandbend

µ-Ziq - Salsa With Mesquite

AFX - Analogue Bubblebath Vol. 4

Automatic Tasty - Strange Terrain

Automatic Tasty - Fieldwork

Also, got blown away by the two Andy Stotts on Modern Love from last year, a bit too late for the vinyl, and picked up the 2CD expanded reissue. Very into that!

Edited by Mellow U