IGNORED

An apology

Dragon

OK, this has taken way way way too long, but I have just realized that I have made a terrible, terrible mistake. I have woken up from a bizarre period of delusion where, for some reason, I started something called the BoC ultimatum in this subforum. After Boards of Canada gave us so much, not to mention the unreleased tapes we're not supposed to hear, I had to be a big man and decide that wasn't good enough. That Boards of Canada are not allowed to go at their own pace, and that they owe us brand new material whenever their fans feel like hearing it, along with daily information on exactly what they're doing and when they're releasing their next mandatory load of material.

So instead of playing it cool and enjoying their current discography for a bit, I've just gone ahead and seriously disrespected one of my favourite musical groups, and I have pushed away many other fans who may have otherwise respected me.

So, let's go over why this was such an awful idea in the first place:

1) Boards of Canada do not read these threads, and even if they did, it would be impossible for a single fan to have any kind of control over BoC's decisions with the new album.

2) By making such a selfish, impatient demand, I have utterly diminished any kind of credit I had as a loyal, decent fan. So threatening to stop being a fan would have absolutely no impact. After all, why would someone want to keep a fan that threatens to quit if they don't release their material fast enough, anyway?

3) Publicly announcing something like that to a large group of people who are actually patient enough to wait for the new album is an incredibly stupid thing to do, and, naturally, people have reacted very negatively towards me.

Even if I had reached the deadline, it would only have made a negative difference. I would have continued listening to their music anyway, but instead of being a part of this community, I would have been forced out of it through my own actions. Suppose I made a discovery on May 2nd that "Slow This Bird Down" sounds amazing backwards, and I tried to post here to tell you about it. Just imagine what kind of mockery I would get. I would have shut myself out of being able to openly discuss Boards of Canada at all, which is the whole point of being a member of this forum.

So, basically, all I have done is degrade myself, risk locking myself out of the community, and annoyed a lot of people who still respect Boards of Canada, no matter how long they spend between releasing albums. They are the real fans. I wish I could still call myself one.

I would like to publicly apologize. I probably don't deserve to hear a new album after doing this. This is my new approach: I'll just lie low, appreciate their old material, and stop expecting an album. Just try to forget about it. Then, maybe, it'll come as a nice surprise when it's released. This is what I should have done all along.

Fuck the ultimatum. It never had any value in the first place, and all it has done it cause trouble and make things worse. From now on, I'm going to change my attitude, and respect Mike and Marcus's decision to release the album when they feel it's finally ready.

3 years and 8 months and all we get is news about t-shirts? that's a long time in the music industry. i think everyone by now is expecting the new album to make our

Scanners.gif

And that's why we're not getting it. They can only reproduce the first two frames of that gif on test subjects.

just find some other music to listen to in the meanwhile

helios, machinarium ost, plaid, eedl, etc...

there is so much good stuff out there just let them have the time they need to give birth :emotawesomepm9:

Hey, we all get frustrated in our own ways, and we channel that frustration how we see fit. I take mine out on my wife and son but if they laugh at me, my penis.

I don't have a problem with a few BoC related rants, kind of amusing in fact.

Now, if they do release an album this year, and it's shit, i for one will be not amused.

Guest Calx Sherbet

don't worry Dragon, your long winded ultimatum and long winded apology are equally irrelevant

well at least he feels better

Archived