IGNORED

Orbus Terrarum

dr lopez

That would be sick! I have a 2×LP promo copy of Orbvs Terrarvm… a shame the sound quality is poor. I'd love a nice slabby repress.

First version I had was a 32kbps .ram from some French site (along with JMJ's Zoolook), 25meg per album - each took two hours and sounded like I had pillows over my ears when listening to them. Still seemed like the future to me.

When this came out I liked it okay, but I wasn't really crazy about it. Didn't listen to it at all for a long time, but just over the last year I've really started to love it. I think the US versions all have the longer version of Slug Dub, I don't think I could imagine it shorter or without all those samples.

Plateau is such a beautiful track. One of my all time favorites.

Indeed, I love how the echoey ping that underpins most of the track suddenly gets slipped a 1/16th off the beat during the buildup, such a subtle and lovely mindfuck in the midst of everything else going on.

Edited by Bob Dobalina

Plateau is such a beautiful track. One of my all time favorites.

Indeed, I love how the echoey ping that underpins most of the track suddenly gets slipped a 1/16th off the beat during the buildup, such a subtle and lovely mindfuck in the midst of everything else going on.

Yes! For a track that is quite simple in a lot of ways the way the flow is handled is masterful. The buildup is so effective even though entirely understated. You could just as easily be in a blissful ambient listening or crank it up and really hear it as a dance tune.

Yeah those remix albums definitely a good collection - The second one I'd say is stronger than the first, but both a great. Hell they even manage to make Robbie Williams kinda tolerable!

Right now, we're in a middle of a move. We're moved into our new condo but we have shit all over the place. We set up our boys room so they can be comfy but I have my computer and speakers in there right now. While my boys were laying in their bunks I played Orbvs Terrarvm for them. And of course, one of them woke up at the chaotic part of Montagne d'Or. Can't stress how much I love this album!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...