IGNORED

who were you in High school?

producer snafu

I was a loner "jovi" who never tried to fit in, but I was also in a band from grade 6-12. I had long hair that made me look like a girl, but i refused to cut it because too many people told me I should and I didn't want to please them. ("jovi" at my school originally just meant a guy with long hair that listened to metal, but it evolved to just mean anyone who liked music that contained a distorted guitar.) That's pretty much it. I didn't really develop as a person throughout high school, but i wrote a lot of songs... with lyrics written by someone with no life experience. My "coming of age" years have been 20-now.

Guest the anonymous forumite

A metalhead, with fully-patched sleveless denim jacket, from bullied to bully.

Initially I was such a total awkward nerd, but eventually became a sociable person. I got introduced to alcohol, had alot of crazy experiences and met strange new people, which all taught me about my strengths and changed me for the better. I like to think that that journey counts for something, so I wouldn't change a thing.

13-17? i was in a big black hole of depression. i didn't really fit into any of the stereotypical boxes, and i didn't bother either. but hey, that's what you do when you're in the big back hole: you don't give a shit.

My crippling panic attacks kept me from talking to most people. I would later find out that this came off as confident and cool.

irl lol

I know, right? I suspect that that's how most people experience highschool though... Projecting one thing buy feeling the opposite. All the people you thought were cool and had it together were usually the most effed up!

14-18... i went to a total of 3 different highschools so i don't have many friends from my highschool years. i think i only talk to about 2 people from those days. i wasn't popular, but i was known by many different factions at school (jocks, cheerleaders, B-Boys, goths, artists, nerds, etc.). people didn't know what to make of me at the time because i dressed like the late lead singer of INXS and listened to hip hop. i did listen to other stuff aswell. most of the girls i dated back then were black. they seemed to gravitate towards me especially in my junior/senior years. i had a small group of friends that i hung out with that were into depeche mode and the like, they used to tease me for my hip hop listening. I started listening to house and techno around my senior year.

i've come in contact with a few people from high school days and many of them are still the same. hence i didn't continue contact with them. one of them unfortunately i still talk to but i try to avoid at all costs.

the everyman:

i played sports, was friends with nerds and geeks, helped run the radio station, had friends in the "cool" crowd, smoked weed and did too much acid, never got hassled, then in my second time through grade 12 (lol I didn't "apply" myself, or I'm dumb as a post - take your pick) i set teh school record for absenteeism.

booya kashaa! kriss kross will make you jump! Engine Engine #9. Never shoot a pig cause a pig is a cop. Smells like teen spirit.

Guest tht tne

i did a lot of drugs and was kind of a hippy i guess but i skipped two grades of high school to go to college early and ironically calmed right down there

i was a raver with curtains and baggy jeans. smoked weed, did e's and that...hung around with a bunch of fuckheads. it was quality.

i sat in my room and listened to autechre for about three years straight. then i started smoking weed, and sat in my room listening to autechre for a fourth year, while stoned.

I am the random kid who people enjoyed talking to and never had a girlfriend and listened to weird music and made people laugh a lot and occasionally acted very awkward in social situations.

Why are you speaking in past tense?

I am the random kid who people enjoyed talking to and never had a girlfriend and listened to weird music and made people laugh a lot and occasionally acted very awkward in social situations.

Why are you speaking in past tense?

I wrote "was" and then the rest of the post, but then changed the was to "am" and forgot to change the tense of everything else. Excuse me for the grammar mistake.

Guest Sprigg