IGNORED

Why are so many WARP artists having a release on other labels

o00o

Aphex had his last 3 releases on rephlex instead of WARP. Plaid had 2 releases on other labels and the one that was supposed to does not come out. Squarepusher does release on edbanger. BOC is not released. Instead 4 releases by Autechre and some new people. WTF is going on??

It's probably just a matter of them all taking forever to get their proper Warp albums finished because they can. I'm sure Warp would love to release a new AFX or BOC album yesterday if they could, I'm sure either one of them would sell a little a few more copies than Nice Nice or Lonelady...

It's probably just a matter of them all taking forever to get their proper Warp albums finished because they can. I'm sure Warp would love to release a new AFX or BOC album yesterday if they could, I'm sure either one of them would sell a little a few more copies than Nice Nice or Lonelady...

but why analord, tuss and analord bonus on rephlex? there seems to be lots of material. the same with plaid and now squarepusher. they do release and material is there but it looks like WARP is taking them to long

but why analord, tuss and analord bonus on rephlex? there seems to be lots of material. the same with plaid and now squarepusher. they do release and material is there but it looks like WARP is taking them to long

Good question but....

Mass hysteria beckons when Warp drops the new BoC and Aphex album.

Richard keeps his noodlings to his own label and his little tribe. You know and I know when the Aphex Twin comes from Warp, the expectations are much higher, but yes I do agree, Warp needs these artists to keep their kudos. Without them, the label Warp means a awful lot less.

Guest illfly mandog

Autechre is still releasing like beasts so I'm happy! I find Ae releases to be more exciting than BOC, but a RDJ reaslease on warp is a bit overdue! At warp20 a warp representative confirmed RDJ was still on contract for three more albums...patience children, patience. Also, maybe Squarpusher releasing on ed banger will get him to put out more slamin tracks!?

Aphex and Squarepusher will only release their BEST OF THE BEST on Warp, because I think they actually do take their reputations really seriously from what I read in a Luke Vibert interview.

I heard that Warp is waiting for the most profitable time to release the BOC album, according to their oh so genius marketing research. Fags.

I don't know what the fuck is up with Scintilli. Shit's inexcusable. Release Scintilli, Warp, you douche canoes.

I feel like now would be the perfect time to capitalize on a new BoC with the sudden popularity rise in "retro/lofi/chillwave/BoCripoffs"

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

i thought aphex contact ran out with warp so his next release won't be on warp anyway

i thought aphex contact ran out with warp so his next release won't be on warp anyway

See Illfly Mandog's post. I got the same confirmation from Bleep at Warp20. New contract for three more albums! They just have no control of what and when.

I feel like now would be the perfect time to capitalize on a new BoC with the sudden popularity rise in "retro/lofi/chillwave/BoCripoffs"

I think you're right there.

Agreed 100%, now seems as good a time as any to get some new BoC on the market

Guest GrandPopPoplock

Indeeed, my son

Guest cult fiction

See Illfly Mandog's post. I got the same confirmation from Bleep at Warp20. New contract for three more albums! They just have no control of what and when.

Wait, NEW contract for 3 more albums? I thought he was already under contract with them for additional albums.

Guest mrguy

I heard that Warp is waiting for the most profitable time to release the BOC album, according to their oh so genius marketing research. Fags.

what's your source?

Everyone seems to have theories about when it's coming out, or if they have even started recording it.

Either Richard is a jerk or a total perfectionist.

or both.

I like to see some BoC ripoffs, cause lord knows I'll be dead and buried before BoC actually put something out,

my problem w/ BoC is that they've waited so long that expectations will be unmeetable. leading to disappointment.

Aphex and Squarepusher will only release their BEST OF THE BEST on Warp, because I think they actually do take their reputations really seriously from what I read in a Luke Vibert interview.

I don't know what the fuck is up with Scintilli. Shit's inexcusable. Release Scintilli, Warp, you douche canoes.

WARP (from what I understand) are NOT behind any delays in the album's release, at least not directly in the sense something they did caused the delays. LOL @ "waiting for the most profitable time" - you actually think there's NOT a profitable time to release a BoC album?

Archived