IGNORED

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

When searching for new music, I usually click on a few random track samples. 10-secs of so of each is usually enough to turn me off or draw me in for further listening. Perhaps short-sighted, but usually serves me well when sorting music into like / dislike.

This is a technique that failed me completely with VHS (and I suspect others too); portions of abrasive cut-up sampling of vintage sounds sent me walking on to the next ridiculously-over-hyped Boomkat release. With tracks such as Franco Zoom taking two full minutes to fully settle down, I think this can be forgivable.

It wasn't until hearing the the clips of 'Sunset Everett' (and subsequently 'Seen Enough') over in the Music Discussion forum that I was really hooked (thanks Green Kingdom - you've given me a permanent grin for the past couple of weeks :wink:).

The sample-jack-offs are actually something that I've come to like. Hearing sounds that don't align properly before they 'click' into place is a fantastic technique. It's like wondering "What's going on?" in a club before being smashed in the face with filth – fantastic.

Repeating as others have said - don't miss this academy award winner.

So yeah - that's my real contribution to the thread, 46 pages and 687 posts late.

Edited by choco

Supposedly there's more on the way (also a live show) according to the Skam website:

New

Mr 76ix > Team Doyobi > VHS Head >

& a surprise or two are all in motion for the near future.....

;)

Wonder what the surprise is...

Supposedly there's more on the way (also a live show) according to the Skam website:

New

;)

Hes already played live a few times. Osc has seen him, the cunt :emotawesomepm9:

New

;)

Hes already played live a few times. Osc has seen him, the cunt :emotawesomepm9:

:spiteful:

:dealwithit:

New

;)

:spiteful:

:dealwithit:

This is how I deal with it

fuck_you.jpeg

I wonder if anyone will systematically track down the sample sources? I can't find anything by Googlin.

there has already been some discussion about the more obvious ones, but there's a lot of fine grained detail in there. don't forget - there's no VST synths or drum machines or anything like that used here, it's all samples from VHS.

Edited by oscillik