IGNORED

Squarepusher - Shobaleader One: d'Demonstrator

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

We'll all probably spend the entire album waiting for the BEATS to kick in, and I bet they never will. "New direction" and all that. I'm still eager to hear it, just wondering why he'd choose to abandon arguably his greatest strength.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he hasn't released anything interesting since go plastic. of the big idm acts, his early albums are the only ones i still listen to, so it's a shame he's decided to become a bona fide elevator musician. i guess all the comparisons to jaco went to his head.

Is that so? The man hasn't lost it, at least musically he hasn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvQyl88d2sc&feature=related

I'm not sure what your point is, but you do know that it was originally released around 1996? That's the same year Feed me.. was released.

It's irrelevant.

Guest Backson

i am probably the guy that Squarepusher fans hate right now, because I'm young, unaware of anything prior to JAS, and am pretty fucking excited for this album.

The concept is ace, the promo clip was fan-bloody-tastic, his new mask is great, and the artwork is the best I've seen in a long time.

Seriously, I'm a sucker for simple iconic album covers. I love it.

shobacover_090210.jpg

it says "i'm not from this world, but I'm about to show you how it's done"

i am probably the guy that Squarepusher fans hate right now, because I'm young, unaware of anything prior to JAS, and am pretty fucking excited for this album.

The concept is ace, the promo clip was fan-bloody-tastic, his new mask is great, and the artwork is the best I've seen in a long time.

Seriously, I'm a sucker for simple iconic album covers. I love it.

shobacover_090210.jpg

it says "i'm not from this world, but I'm about to show you how it's done"

I'm aware of just about everything he's done and I love this stuff! (JAS too)

The proggish direction is fine by me, the man has too much talent to do drill and bass forever...

Guest Backson

av-7890.jpg

Guest Calx Sherbet

TOM I HATE YOU SO MUCH FOR NOT BEING WHAT YOU WERE IN THE 90'S, WHY CAN'T YOU APPEAL TO MY YOUNGER INNER SELF WHO WON'T MOVE ON AND DIE??? RRRAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE

This release is gonna be really cool. Cryptic Motion is downright groovy

age is everybody's e-penis, so don't sweat it. everything before JAS is worth hearing sometime. if you ever have the chance (and haven't yet), listen to those other albums of his! really a different season of music back then. i can see why you'd view this as a nice next step in his musical metamorphosis

I just feel sorry for you. You have no idea what you're missing out on.

PS: Youth is no excuse, as I recall you're about my age.

Guest Backson

out of curiosity, what age do you think I am?

I will only answer "no" or "close"

out of curiosity, what age do you think I am?

I will only answer "no" or "close"

19 or 20?

Why oh why can't he just do a brilliant, melodic dub album?

lol where'd that come from?

He's been dabbling with dub for a long time, it's about time he fully embraces it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MZx3cyjKD8

One of his very best tunes.

Yes, great track! I love his downtempo melodic stuff as well (particularly the "Iambic Poetry" pieces).

Guest no carrier

TOM I HATE YOU SO MUCH FOR NOT BEING WHAT YOU WERE IN THE 90'S, WHY CAN'T YOU APPEAL TO MY YOUNGER INNER SELF WHO WON'T MOVE ON AND DIE??? RRRAAAAAAAGGGEEEEEEE

by that token i take it we're all supposed to grow old and move on to truly appreciate indie rock, become yuppie/hipster hybrids, and then eventually die. looking back at shitkicking music which absolutely massacred everything else you were listening to at the time would be retarded, because indie rock is the way. if we were more mature in our younger years we could have cut out this sound effect bullshit and gotten to the core of real mature music .

Guest Archrival

Why oh why can't he just do a brilliant, melodic dub album?

lol where'd that come from?

He's been dabbling with dub for a long time, it's about time he fully embraces it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MZx3cyjKD8

One of his very best tunes.

Yes, great track! I love his downtempo melodic stuff as well (particularly the "Iambic Poetry" pieces).

Yup! Indeed!

Archived