IGNORED

Squarepusher - Shobaleader One: d'Demonstrator

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fishtank

Oh my LOL , this is awful , sounds like Daft punk meets Drunk Daft Punk featuring Kayne West.

Daft Punk is poop

this is not poop

please stop with the madness

neither are poop. if he did a 4-track ep with plug me in, into the blue, abstract lover and endless night, it would be one of my favorite squarepusher releases. yes, it's intentionally cheesy and cheeky, and it's "a bit" of a schtick, but when he pulls it off on the tracks i mentioned i'm fine with it.

Guest disparaissant

this is very very hit or miss for me! some of the tracks sound like stanley clarke, those are good. the rest are bleh. could be worse, i suppose.

Upon first listen (track 10 just started), I find this mostly boring. I expected to hate the vocoder vocals, and I do, but I'm also glad they are not constant. I've read comments about Frisco Wave, were people saying they liked that? I found it very "Yawn"-i, new agey, didn't like it. My favorite might be, again based on a first listen, Laser Rock. Despite the vocals.

I don't know. I guess I don't hate it like I was expecting, but I don't find it very interesting either. And frankly this last track isn't helping much. But I'm giving this a fair chance, will play it again to get more familiar with it.

not bad,like it so so :)

Good Oldie R&B taste and Experimentalism.

Dont think this iz Daft Punk,more 70's Soul-R&B taste,Daft Punk is more 80's Disco sounds :smile:

I definitely got a soul/R&B feel from it. Could have been good more appealing if he didn't modify his voice so much. Or not. :crazy:

Exactly, this is some motherfucking baby-making music fo sho

Guest Backson

Oh my LOL , this is awful , sounds like Daft punk meets Drunk Daft Punk featuring Kayne West.

+ ratatat

i think i NEED to hear this!

also, just in general, i take it that even one of your favourite artists with a long history of impressive releases still owes you all something? It wouldn't matter if he were your best friend who you've known for years and yet he still comes round every week to chill out and have a beer with you, WATTUM would still rate anything he does as the greatest release of the year, or (more likely) an undeniable failure because it didn't meet its pointlessly high unfounded expectations.

Guest tht tne

um....thank you basedWATMM oh my god basedWATMM you can fuck my bitch anytime, goddamn.

That being said, I get real interested in "behind the music" factors these days. I think Tom is in love or has recently cashed in credit with loads and loads of ass from adorers and he's "feeling it".

It's just too sexy and slinky to be born in a vacuum. I don't even see it as a Squarepusher release but as some new hot syrup that I would file next to my Chromeo or my Zapp & Roger or my dad's old Ohio Players/Bar-Kays vinyl. Bop!

If my theory holds true...I wonder if new Aphex post actual "daddy" and main squeeze status will be affected similarly? I guess that could go two ways--reflective and in love and more "Avril 14th" and sweet "Flim" "Xtal" etc. OR totally fucking fed up with fucking kids and nagging nagging wifey aaagh acid gabber pulsedemon 100,000,000 Cymru buttfucks.

lol

um....thank you basedWATMM oh my god basedWATMM you can fuck my bitch anytime, goddamn.

That being said, I get real interested in "behind the music" factors these days. I think Tom is in love or has recently cashed in credit with loads and loads of ass from adorers and he's "feeling it".

It's just too sexy and slinky to be born in a vacuum. I don't even see it as a Squarepusher release but as some new hot syrup that I would file next to my Chromeo or my Zapp & Roger or my dad's old Ohio Players/Bar-Kays vinyl. Bop!

If my theory holds true...I wonder if new Aphex post actual "daddy" and main squeeze status will be affected similarly? I guess that could go two ways--reflective and in love and more "Avril 14th" and sweet "Flim" "Xtal" etc. OR totally fucking fed up with fucking kids and nagging nagging wifey aaagh acid gabber pulsedemon 100,000,000 Cymru buttfucks.

lol quality post

this album sounds like its made by a bunch of emotional cyborgs who want to be more human (fit in) and question their reality i.e. watmmers

i don't see it as a squarepusher release either, the vocoding just makes me think of robots. the video now makes a lot more sense

Archived