IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

I can't speak for the dialogue because I haven't read the books, but I've heard that they've made a lot of modifications in the plot that make zero sense.

For example, Littlefinger taking Sansa to the North and marrying her off to Ramsey Bolton. Sansa is his most valuable asset and he's leaving her with the infamous "flayed man" Boltons who killed her parents? ... why? In the books, he keeps her at her aunt's castle under disguise, grooming her in a creepy way, but protecting her until she can finally take back the North when the time is right. This makes way more sense within the context of the plot and characters. By leaving Sansa with Ramsey Bolton, who is infamously brutal, he paved the way for Sansa's rape and torture. He lost his most powerful ally, because I'm guessing Sansa is not too happy that Littlefinger set all of this up. Why would he make such a dumb move? I've also heard the changes in Dorne suck (a major female character in the book was nixed for Oberyn's main squeeze to remain in the show) and not to mention plenty of cut content such as Lady Stoneheart, the Greyjoys, Young Griff, Brothers without Banners, etc. I was excited to see this stuff, but now it looks like it won't be in the show.

TL;DR: Overall, I think the show's quality will greatly suffer once they run out of source material, especially because they are cutting out many of the interesting plot lines from the books.

Yeah, everything involving the Dorne girls pretty silly and ham-fisted, imo, and that's just coming from a fan of the show not someone familiar with the original book story. I still like Bron's banter but every time the Sand Snakes are on screen it's pretty cringey. The Sansa stuff I could pass off as Littlefinger thinking that she was strong enough to kill Ramsay after they were wed and she's just failing at it. That, or he's got some clever plan that the viewers aren't yet in on. But yeah, it definitely does seem like she's only there to continue to show the Boltons as threatening villains via an established sympathetic character.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

why cant those dudes swim?

White walkers

theres a surface underneath all that water

dead bodies are too buoyant for that to work.

Guest kymppinetti

White walkers

have you ever seen pirates of caribbean? i have. but those walkers would have freeze the water, and then walk.

White walkers

have you ever seen pirates of caribbean? i have. but those walkers would have freeze the water, and then walk.

Probably but the big boss simply didn't feel the need to come after Jon. He's more like "look at all the people I've collected today mate, doesn't matter if you run or not we gon get u bitch, look at all the fucks I give"

Yeah awesome episode. It just rustles my jimmies that we always have to wait the last episodes for finally some action. Especially since a lot of what was instead in this season was cringeworthy and boring.

But yeah shit wow that was something.

Last episode was good. Not surprising it involved the North beyond the Wall. Good to see that they finally established the threat the White Walkers pose to the Seven Kingdoms. And it was good that Tyrion finally met with Dany, now that plotthread finally is interesting.

Last episode was good. Not surprising it involved the North beyond the Wall. Good to see that they finally established the threat the White Walkers pose to the Seven Kingdoms. And it was good that Tyrion finally met with Dany, now that plotthread finally is interesting.

Yeah it was nice to have a Dany episode that wasn't just another "governing is hard / dragons don't like me :( " update

Great to see Cersei get what's coming to her finally

Oh man I was so fucking smug watching that

tumblr_inline_no0ho2mXFA1qlw6oc_540.jpg

I actually just caught up on the last two episodes last night. Really antsy about this Bolton / Baratheon showdown. I dunno anything about the books but there's a WWII Eastern Front vibe to it. Like, man winter warfare is fucking brutal as hell vibe.

Yeah it was nice to have a Dany episode that wasn't just another "governing is hard / dragons don't like me :( " update

lol, they could totally go meta with that and simply create a @dany_got twitter account that will post minor governance updates and save actual episode time for cool shit.

lol, they could totally go meta with that and simply create a @dany_got twitter account that will post minor governance updates and save actual episode time for cool shit.

yes exactly!

@MeereenOfficial "Insurgency watch, level yellow, until sunset. Fighting pits will be closed this weekend to host annual arts and crafts fair."

That would be great. All the characters' "lolaccounts" on twitter are lame. They're just retweeting each other doing okay puns around the show.

yae s04e02, skimming the season, got to a bit that i liked thank heavens. There was a touching moment with young lady and a rapier in the prior one too. All the talking and posing though can go straight to TV hell though

Archived