IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

yeah i have a feeling season 6 will be epic. the first season produced since game of thrones went meta on the pop culture front... this should spell epicness

: and yes, samwell tarly is still badass mofo

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the first season produced since game of thrones went meta on the pop culture front...

what does that mean?

i don't even know... i suppose i'm saying i've a hunch that next season will be a differest beast...so to speak, due to an influx of popular interest over the last 2 years, thus higher budget, etc. but then i saw on wiki that this season was shot just last year or so i'm starting to believe this may be more imagined than real...

Guest kymppinetti

I should've known better than to browse a WATMM topic about a show I'm really enjoying. Never again.

lol

I think part of what was making this season underwhelming is that it appeared that all the "bad guys" where winning, with no sign for the "good" ones to turn things around anytime soon. So it's no wonder that the episode where someone get's what's coming to them that the show feels better.

Yeah, it's pretty much just been 5 straight seasons of "really bad things happen to characters you like", so at some point there needs to be some comeuppance or they're gonna lose people.

I haven't read the books so I dunno how this all plays out but seeing Cersei get locked up was a wonderful suprise and really got me excited for the rest of the season.

The sword is Valyrian steel.

That episode was fantastic. I'm really excited to see where this show's headed. Few slow bits in the middle of season 5 but with finally getting to see a large-scale ice zombie fight (making the threat they're constantly talking about feel real) & Cersei's imprisonment (finally giving some long-overdue comeuppance) it really feels like they're firing on all cylinders and delivering the goods quite satisfyingly.

yeah very very good episode, the whole episode could of just been in the north, the rest just felt a bit rushed like trying to touch base with everything else going on skipping around a bit not really leading anywhere slightly rushed, some dull, scenes which wasnt really necessary & distracting from the main story of the episode of beyond the wall which was awesome one of the best episodes yet & has pulled me back in...just when i thought i was out.....

I'm going to be extremely disappointed if this show gets shitty or gets cancelled before getting a definitive conclusion. How many seasons do they expect to have?

I expect that the ratings will stay high enough that it'll stay on the air and have a proper budget until the conclusion, but I'm actually worried that if (when?) they reach a point where the show's plot is further along than the books, it might significantly decrease in quality because they won't have things like excellent already-written Tyrion dialogue to draw upon. I wonder if the show's writers would be able to come up with dialogue that stays true to the characters George Railroad Martin wrote without actually having literal source material to adapt into a teleplay. Maybe they already have and I'm just unaware because I haven't read the books.

Archived