IGNORED

Game of Thrones

data

I thought about this just the other day. I think that what demotivates him the most is the fact that the series now are simplifying the storylines with a clear attempt to finish this damn saga some day, while GRRM has build up a massive character base by now which he can't untangle in a satisfying way any more. I think that (book spoilers ahead)

Sansa getting married with Boltons resonates with me more than just another damn character like fake Arya.

It is a STORY with a purpose, not a challenge to flesh out a fantasy world in a most realistic way possible.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm weak and watched the leaked episodes, I am now rewatching from season 1, seems a lot more satisfying than the first time aorund becaus ei understand things better now. Also makes me realzie that while the show seems to move slow a lot has happened.

• 2 weeks later...

I am losing interest in this series. I don't know what they are really setting up. Perhaps it has to do with the showrunners running out of books to adapt and just having a few notes from Gurm on how the whole mess is supposed to end. I heard that in the last books nothing really happened there either. The Dany storyline is boring, Stannis is dour and boring, Sansa is just being emo, Arya is doing something in Braavos, the newly introduced Sandsnakes was a bit naff. Only somewhat interesting is what is happening at the Wall.

this was always going to be a difficult section, i mean the three, 1000 page books from 4 to 5.1 and 5.2 pretty much are just characters walking around setting themselves up for the next major kickoff. I still throughly enjoyed the books, i read extremely fast, can get through a game of thrones in 3 days, so it doesnt irritate me when things are a bit meandering.

With 5 episodes left it seems unlikely that's it's building up for something big, I would guess season will end with a stannis-boltons battle.

With 5 episodes left it seems unlikely that's it's building up for something big, I would guess season will end with a stannis-boltons battle.

i bet that will be episode 9. that's when they like to do the battle episodes.

^ it doesnt matter, they already wasted 5 hours of our lives with some of the laziest writting of all time.

I know its hard to make a show of this scale so im not gonna put them down but the show doesnt excite me anymore, i look foward to silicon valley more than GOT and thats a big problem

it did have some slow / boring stretches in earlier seasons tho, what with the stannis / red witch stuff before anything happened, that was pretty lame imo... but yeah seems quite meh at the mo compared to season 4..

I'm still enjoying watching it week to week and find the storylines & world interesting, but I realize now that the dialogue can be pretty cliche and mediocre at time. I just find the world itself to be so interesting that I like spending the time in it.

That being said, right now Louie & Community are what really get me giddy with excitement/anticipation every time a new episode drops, and later this year I'm certain I'm going to enjoy the new seasons of Fargo, True Detective, and The Knick considerably more than GoT. Those shows are just on another level.

dunno if that ending was meant to be traumatic,but i gotta say i laughed my ass off!

i,ve been wanting that to happen to her for a good while now,gotta say its all getting a bit silly for me now(never read the books btw)

Most of the plot feels like its been there before. We had the Sansa is abused plot before. Its getting boring. I miss some guy like Tywin Lannister. The Cersei plot grows old as she is doing her thing over and over again with no progression at all (another unfair trial again?! how many did we have already? again she is using the child king for her plans). The new snake people feel forced and Jaime Lannister does not fit into the Dorne world / style at all. It looks like he is wearing some cheap costume. I still have faith with the Arya plot tho.

feels like within the space of 5 episodes we've gone from the books being 3000 pages ahead, to the series being ahead of the books.

With some of the storylines anyway.

Archived