so this was released in Germany this week, finally.

What a gigantic, shiny, 2 hour poop. Better than i imagined though, especially in 3D.

so this was released in Germany this week, finally.

What a gigantic, shiny, 2 hour poop. Better than i imagined though, especially in 3D.

Is Germany always that much behind when it comes to movie releases?

As long as Lindelof isn't involved I'll be on board.

guy needs to fuck off, seriously. peddle your watery, shambolic brand of suspense on your own television shows.

Amen.

I'll Amen that too.

Is Germany always that much behind when it comes to movie releases?

it's not always that late, dunno much about release politics, probably some arbitrary decision by the local licensee or something.. and they probably need some time for the dubbing (everything is dubbed). Then you have to go find a theatre that shows a film like this both in 3D and non-dubbed, original language..

• 1 month later...

so this is out tmrw...any thoughts?

I'm sure I saw an advert saying summat about alternative endings..that sounds gimmicky to my ears tbh

no word on directors cuts it seems

I might get it as I watched it once at the pictures, I'd quite like to see it again. I think...

Edited by beerwolf

Basically they realised the beginning and end (but strangely enough not the middle) were complete gash and needed a hook to try and get all the angry fanboys to still buy it.

whats up with 2 of the biggest tentpole movies of last summer ( i liked avengers so this is mostly about Phantom MEnancing the Space Jockey) making the excuse that the movie fucking sucked because it was over edited and 'just wait for my special directors cut!' ? The avengers nor prometheus released a directors cut as promised.

Edited by Awepittance

The movie that was released to cinema was the directors cut. They had a PG-13 rating version ready that was replaced by the R-Rating directors cut. Now there is going to be another extended cut release that will be 20 minutes longer and contains 30 minutes of additional bonus material.

Edited by o00o

Lindelof: "So when we drop this turd of a movie and everybody turns against it we will promise everybody that the Blu-Ray version is the good version so all those suckers will rush out to buy it."

Scott: "BRILLIANT."

Director's cut should ditch the scene where Idris Elba and Charlize theron arrange to make love in order for her to prove she's not a synthetic organism. that was crass. It was like a scene from Sex & the City.

Lindelof: "So when we drop this turd of a movie and everybody turns against it we will promise everybody that the Blu-Ray version is the good version so all those suckers will rush out to buy it."

Scott: "BRILLIANT."

spot on, lad

Director's cut should ditch the scene where Idris Elba and Charlize theron arrange to make love in order for her to prove she's not a synthetic organism. that was crass. It was like a scene from Sex & the City.

Agreed. It was dire.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Agreed. It was dire.

It wasn't THAT bad, he more so stone cold future nigga piloted her into realizing that she has human female needs and needs to get fucked from time to time.

Anyone else think that Avatar was actually a smarter, better movie all around?

I was more entertained by Avatar.

I was more entertained by Avatar as well, I could find more enjoyment in watching Avatar again than Prometheus but, smarter? Avatar was extremely unobtainium generic, borderline serial copycat plot. Prometheus had a lot of flaws but it actually felt like dark sci fi, Avatar didn't feel like an actual epic, scientificly sterile and cold sci fi, it felt like a Disney theme park ride mixed with a fun linear blockbuster shallow video game.

Prometheus' biggest flaw was the fact that it is boring as shit.

Oh, and the music? What the shit is that? In case you guys don't remember the theme melody then check this out:

It doesn't fit the Prometheus/Alien universe AT ALL! It sounds like a rejected Jurassic Park theme by someone who tries to sound like John Williams.

Yeah dude that theme melody annoyed me really bad every time it came back, haunting my nerves like an old friend you don't want to deal with anymore. It didn't help that I peaked in this thread before seeing it and saw some peeps say that the theme melody was really cheese ball.

It doesn't fit the Prometheus/Alien universe AT ALL! It sounds like a rejected Jurassic Park theme by someone who tries to sound like John Williams.

It actually sounds a bit like Howard Shore's score from Spider. Not sure if thats good or bad.

I'll reserve judgement until i see prometheus again on the telly.