• 3 months later...

I'm totally okay with the blatantly vaginal facehugger of course...but the clones/experiments? Shadows of Alien Resurrection...not a good thing...anything that reminds me of that film is automatically bad.

yeh even WORSE.

jdu5rn71ajapzdzxldmg.jpg

this looks like the albino Trent Reznors from the last one mutated into the experiments concept of Resurrection. Look at the poor Engineer, looking at you with its empty eye holes.

And the mouth is somehow taken from the Harry Potter villain or something

it's weird when there's news about this film which doesn't make it seem even terribler than before.

although they probably will yet again do a fantastic fucking skin ageing job on Pearce.

i didn't think it could get worse after prometheus. my god ridley, just stop. 

Yo prometheus is amazing even with its problems. watching that movie on bluray is so lushhhhhhhhhhhhh

just zone out and enjoy it

also anyone who is talking shit on alien resurrection can meet me at whataburger and fight me

i didn't think it could get worse after prometheus. my god ridley, just stop.

Yo prometheus is amazing even with its problems. watching that movie on bluray is so lushhhhhhhhhhhhh

just zone out and enjoy it

also anyone who is talking shit on alien resurrection can meet me at whataburger and fight me

I will totes talk smack of Resurrection until the end of time PLUS I went to Whataburger for lunch today and I was gonna fight u bro but u didn't show. I would make yr face looks like one of those Ripley/Alien throwaways. BOOM

Edit but yeah Prometheus is decent.

Edited by auxien

I don't see what all the hate for Prometheus is - it was a decent sci-fi movie, had some genuinely interesting concepts, and visually is stunning (I don't think anyone can argue that aspect of the film). Is it perfect? No. Does it need to be? Depends on your expectations.

And yes, Blu-Ray is the very best way to watch this - the movie also worked really well in 3D (one of the few films I think did). Can't wait for the inevitable 4K release.

I don't see what all the hate for Prometheus is - it was a decent sci-fi movie, had some genuinely interesting concepts, and visually is stunning (I don't think anyone can argue that aspect of the film). Is it perfect? No. Does it need to be? Depends on your expectations.

And yes, Blu-Ray is the very best way to watch this - the movie also worked really well in 3D (one of the few films I think did). Can't wait for the inevitable 4K release.

The art direction was great but it failed and belly flopped hard at what it was trying to do. Juggling big questions about existentialism and where we come from are some pretty heavy subjects for a stupid sci-fi horror film. Also, the characters were dumb and acted incredibly unrealistic. I don't know if this is because of the Lindelof script rewrite, but I'm pretty sure if a scientist set out to find out where we came from and instead stumbled upon aliens he or she would be pretty excited. Instead the hunk from Prometheus gets frustrated.

I just read a bunch of alien shit and now I'm very curious how they tie this next film into the series.

I think that they will at least avoid some of the mistakes that they made in Prometheus.