I don't see what all the hate for Prometheus is - it was a decent sci-fi movie, had some genuinely interesting concepts, and visually is stunning (I don't think anyone can argue that aspect of the film). Is it perfect? No. Does it need to be? Depends on your expectations.

And yes, Blu-Ray is the very best way to watch this - the movie also worked really well in 3D (one of the few films I think did). Can't wait for the inevitable 4K release.

The art direction was great but it failed and belly flopped hard at what it was trying to do. Juggling big questions about existentialism and where we come from are some pretty heavy subjects for a stupid sci-fi horror film. Also, the characters were dumb and acted incredibly unrealistic. I don't know if this is because of the Lindelof script rewrite, but I'm pretty sure if a scientist set out to find out where we came from and instead stumbled upon aliens he or she would be pretty excited. Instead the hunk from Prometheus gets frustrated.

my gf's a big fan of alien universe and sf in general and she read some script before prometeus came out thinking it was a leaked script and she was so disappointed when she latter realized that it wasn't the real one that she almost left from prometheus' premiere before end of the movie. she said that i could have been really great, one of the best sf movies ever. she had the script on her comp but the comp's hd died. i need to find the script!

edit: anyone has any script? could be the one...

Edited by xox

• 3 weeks later...

huh yea, unexpectedly solid poster..

it kinda says "this is a solid fucking alien movie" - pretty sure the disappointment after seeing will be substantial.

Guys, you're really falling for it.

We totally are. I've already set aside the poor 13 dollars I'll be flushing down the toilet to see it because I wont be able to stay away. Expect a full write-up of my disappointment after its release.

If the release date is forward 3 months, this could either be

A) A good sign that the studio haven't meddled with it and left it as Ridley's creative vision

Or

B) A bad sign that the studio haven't meddled with it and left it as Ridley's creative vision

If the release date is forward 3 months, this could either be

A) A good sign that the studio haven't meddled with it and left it as Ridley's creative vision

Or

B) A bad sign that the studio haven't meddled with it and left it as Ridley's creative vision

The movie is probably opening against weak competition to secure the top spot in the theaters for a week or 2. Hence the move up.

All about them dollas bro.

This is how hollywood judges films. Artistic merit be damned...how much can we stuff the coffers with.

Edited by olo

They've forgotten that you can do both. Well plus the fact that accountants and business graduates cannot make quality judgments about art, and these projects tend to be committee driven which waters down good ideas and allows bad ones to fester on. And then there's the elephant in the room, the incestuous and nepotistic nature of hollywood which shuts out any sort of merit driven hiring practices and forces the remaining creatives to have their work spanked around by cousin this or uncle that.

that's why most of the good stuff is on tv now, and not in cinemas. it's become the opposite of what it used to be in terms of where the quality is.  breaking bad. game of thrones. westworld, etc...

I mostly watch political youtube accounts and anime so i'm all good. heh. But yes, the cable tv production values on select shows has vastly improved what was passing for TV on the free to air networks. I must say though that a long time back, there were decently scripted and acted shows on free to air. They'd do lots of location shoots, didn't do too many close ups to hide the lack of properly dressed sets, they'd professionally edit them. It was great. But that all seemed to collapse down into a mish mash of sitcoms and the NCIS type cheap cut out formula.