fletcher, on 27 May 2016 - 05:16 AM, said:

omg, strong independent female lead cast in an Alien movie! She looks a bit sweaty and is wearing a vest, she will fit right in.

Uh, I think that's just a tank top? + boobs + shadow

You must need a vagina to survive a xenomorph attack, the penises always die. Robots don't have a penis, hence they survive, usually.

you forgot about Newt.

omg, strong independent female lead cast in an Alien movie! She looks a bit sweaty and is wearing a vest, she will fit right in.

You must need a vagina to survive a xenomorph attack, the penises always die. Robots don't have a penis, hence they survive, usually.

you forgot about Newt.

Mostly

you forgot about Newt.

Newt is a girl though.

lol

you forgot about Newt.
Mostly
Newt survived the attack but was killed in a ship crash with Hicks duh. But in Alien 5, she will still be alive according to Blomkamp.

CF957FE3-BFD0-4C36-985C-EEA859332449_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Major Spoiler For Katherine Waterston’s Alien: Covenant Role Revealed

She's Ripley's Mom.

ugh.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/09/major-spoiler-for-katherine-waterston-s-alien-covenant-role-reve/

that's not confirmed.

Sounds ridiculous. But, there's several other sites stating the same. Where there's smoke, there's fire I'm thinking.

I guess I shouldn't really care, prometheus was a dumpster fire & I expect the same for this.

Major Spoiler For Katherine Waterston’s Alien: Covenant Role Revealed

She's Ripley's Mom.

ugh.

http://comicbook.com/2016/06/09/major-spoiler-for-katherine-waterston-s-alien-covenant-role-reve/

that's not confirmed.

Sounds ridiculous. But, there's several other sites stating the same. Where there's smoke, there's fire I'm thinking.

I guess I shouldn't really care, prometheus was a dumpster fire & I expect the same for this.

They're so rabbiting from the same unnamed and unverified source...

This is how 'journalism' works now.

oh dear god.

this is so bad it could actually be true!

of course, there now has to be a deeper reason why Ripley and the Nostromo were sent to check out that planetoid... it's all in the family...

"mother" (the computer)

absolutely brilliant

*punches self in face*

Edited by Guest

oh dear god.

this is so bad it could actually be true!

If you are looking for an authentic, well executed Alien successor, just play Alien: Isolation. We all know Ridley is going to fuck this up. Better off just ignoring it.

Major Spoiler For Katherine Waterstons Alien: Covenant Role Revealed

She's Ripley's Mom.

ugh.

that's not confirmed.

No she's not, she's Rey's transgender father

Major Spoiler For Katherine Waterstons Alien: Covenant Role Revealed

She's Ripley's Mom.

ugh.

that's not confirmed.

No she's not, she's Rey's transgender father

tumblr_inline_nifsdcU5k11sjspza.gif

That rumour is the dumbest shit ever, so it's probably true.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
imo Prometheus is about beginnings and the primordial. about dumb idealistic exploration when you aren't ready to complete the journey.

weyland couldn't control david, and just kind of created him but didn't understand his emotional complexity as seen in the hologram speech.

none of the crew is ready for the mission and nobody has any oversight over anything that happens because of them or to them.

don't ask me /why/ the crew is like that, but it does explain why they take their helmets off and so on.

a few stylistic choices ridley scott / lindelof made were also interesting, for example when the crew is first gathered during the hologram speech, shaw just nonchalantly mentions 'we call them engineers' but with no backstory or explanation as to why they think an organism created them, why they call them engineers, or anything else.

this is kind of a dumb thing ridley does like in the martian where the intital camera matt damon uses looks like its pointing to the 'no' due to it being horizontal, while actually pointing to the 'yes'.

ok but anyways prometheus to me is about the primordial, and the visuals also back that with barren iceland kind of like how you imagine earth 5 billion years ago, and the line from david about how 'big things have small beginnings'.

to me it was never a finished story. prometheus was a setup with a particular aesthetic, and even the "vr helmet" that david uses in the beginning with the yellow light kind of looks retro and old.

btw there is mystery in it kind of like with the space jockey. when they first are in the caves they see the 'holograms' running through, and then the hologram stops on top of a corpse that is actually there still - an 8000 year old corpse or some number like that. that's an awesome thing to see ancient past melting into current i think.

in proemtheus you dont see any of that ancient life or form at all, all the engineer technology is dead, the engineers are gone (until the end), there is a world there we don't see directly from the past.

i havent dug really deep into all the theories about the engineers because i think mostly its unknown and should be, and to me its more about visuals than concrete ideas written down (kind of the same as it was for me with Lost tv show), but in that regard i really love it

Edited by coax

• 3 weeks later...