I am thinking this is a going to be one of those over-bloated cluster fuck movies where they try to tie Prometheus into Alien but they don't manage it and it just falls apart and costs trillions of dollars to make and wastes everyones time and there will be this new type of Alien with 7 jaws that comes out of its nose

There's no way in hell I'm going to spend money supporting this one, I can't belive I gave Riddley my hard earned cash to sit through Prometheus. Shame on me, should've known better.

Edited by Gocab

Ok, so I've hated quite a lot on Prometheus - and it deserves all the hate it got and still gets. But if there's one thing I'll tip my hat to it's the set designs and the design of the space suits. They were fucking ace!

Ok, so I've hated quite a lot on Prometheus - and it deserves all the hate it got and still gets. But if there's one thing I'll tip my hat to it's the set designs and the design of the space suits. They were fucking ace!

Yeah, the production and tech was great. Sounded and looked fantastic. That's why it was so disappointing with its terrible story and monstrous plot holes.

Sounded and looked fantastic.

Wait, let's not forget

Prometheus_2_43535.jpg

lets also not forget the "pups".

little cute puppie 3d scanner drones which shoot visible-light lasers and make cute robot sounds.

so cute. so pup.

the vehicles were pretty bad too, looked like fucking golf carts from the mind of 1st term design student.

lets also not forget the "pups".

little cute puppie 3d scanner drones which shoot visible-light lasers and make cute robot sounds.

so cute. so pup.

the vehicles were pretty bad too, looked like fucking golf carts from the mind of 1st term design student.

I would need to rewatch Prometheus to remember these bits, but I think I could only do that on a sick day with a horrible fever to get through it.

:]

also, whatever that was:

Screen%20Shot%202016-05-17%20at%2016.18.

no. no love for this shit of a film.

Edited by Guest

The part where the engineer played his flute was fucking awesome, also the retcon look of the engineers was AMAZING, oh and the squid was also mindblowing, oh yeah, zombie in a spacesuit was bad ass, and the penis-vagina-snakes. Yes! So much well designed stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/nlWperi.jpg/

Versus

4wary7Yl.jpg

= Nailed it?

The only thing this film had going for it was Iceland's nature.

Edited by Gocab

The part where the engineer played his flute was fucking awesome, also the retcon look of the engineers was AMAZING, oh and the squid was also mindblowing, oh yeah, zombie in a spacesuit was bad ass, and the penis-vagina-snakes. Yes! So much well designed stuff!

The only thing this film had going for it was Iceland's nature.

I'm only talking about the set design and the design of the space suits. The rest of it can be summed up in one photo...

Prometheus_2_43535.jpg

I saw it in IMAX 3D and was thoroughly pleased. I didn't really pay attention to the story. That part wasn't good.

Also, we snuck in a bottle of bourbon, so that may have affected my enjoyment.

I watched The Exorcist yesterday. Haven't watched it in ages. And it wasn't until yesterday that I realized that they put old-man-make-up on Max Von Sydow for his role... And you know what? It looks way better than the mud they spewed all over Guy Pearce in Prometheus.

http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2016/05/alien-covenant-set-photos-show-an-extraterrestrial-massacre-as-michael-fassbender-promises-great-sets-and-aliens-coming-out-of-people/

"There are going to be great sets and aliens coming out of people. The sets are fantastic. Again, the most impressive sets I’ve seen since Prometheus, which was the original setting. It’s a fantastic mixture of high-end technology and primitive elements."

Crazy that the sequel/prequel/whateverthefuquel will be out in less than a year.

And the newest set pictures (possible slightly spoilerish? not really but anyway): http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3600337/On-set-photographs-upcoming-Prometheus-sequel-Alien-Covenant-directed-Sir-Ridley-Scott-filmed-Sydney-big-budget-sci-fi-film-starring-Michael-Fassbender-scheduled-August-2017-release.html

Looks to me like Ridley's been playing Dark Souls 3. :emotawesomepm9: