IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i don't have cable TV but i'm visiting family and every one has cable so i find myself sucked into the abyss

same thing happens whenever i goto visit my mother at her house. she always keeps the tv on. for some reason i find myself particularly affected by the commercials. they're so mind mindbogglingly stupid but i can't help but watch the train wreck

i don't have cable TV but i'm visiting family and every one has cable so i find myself sucked into the abyss

same thing happens whenever i goto visit my mother at her house. she always keeps the tv on. for some reason i find myself particularly affected by the commercials. they're so mind mindbogglingly stupid but i can't help but watch the train wreck

omg same here. Mainly at work. I struggle to explain effectively to other people how much normal television bothers me, in a way that I can't look away from or ignore. It makes me want everyone DEAD.

It's particularly tricky on nightshifts like now. Where I need to dominate the tv by getting a DVD on as quickly as possible, like a prick.

the walking speed thing finally has had me nearly bring it up

so what really irks me is i walk very fast, almost running, dunno why anyway it means that people commonly see me as a threat or competition and start hurriedly trying to walk fast than i am so i don't overtake them while looking around slightly shiftedly - but there is basically nothing they can do as half the time even at their fastest pace i am going twice as fast at them so they sorta stick their elbows out in a last chance defiant way like 'no i am going faster than you today mate' but - wtf this happens a few times a day - get over it and watch the ride prickfaces

then there is annoying inefficient zombies part 27: the supermarket shopper.

now these people go right INTO the items in the aisles so no-one else can see the items in that rack while they are like 'look i am shopping here right now fuck you it's my time to take ages to choose a butter' - seriously wtf stand back a little and catch the rays and take it all in like the 'rest' of us who can shop from any angle without needing to go in deep. 

anyway i digress, the populace are slow and stupid  - fucking get over it fenton

then there is annoying inefficient zombies part 27: the supermarket shopper.

Oh, FUCK these people. I can't stand them. They're completely oblivious to everyone else trying to shop, those of us there that already know what we want, that want to be in/out of the supermarket?

major tooth ache. Feel like I need a root canal :(

wife had one recently, scary stuff but the meds they offer now and techniques/equipment they use is pretty advanced these days, lot less daunting than the past

hmm for some reason when using headphones through my amp (hooked up to computer) I hear tons of weird audio artifacts, almost like a quiet fax machine?

If I hook the headphones directly to the computer, no issues. If I use the amp with speakers hooked up to computer, no issues. =/

wife had one recently, scary stuff but the meds they offer now and techniques/equipment they use is pretty advanced these days, lot less daunting than the past

I was shitting myself when I got a surprise root canal (I knew there was one planned but I guess my dentist had some cancelled appointments and suddenly during a different treatment said "hmm, we might as well start that route canal now")

It was actually a piece of piss, I nearly fell asleep in the chair.

I was shitting myself when I got a surprise root canal (I knew there was one planned but I guess my dentist had some cancelled appointments and suddenly during a different treatment said "hmm, we might as well start that route canal now")

heh, not mine. Apparently mine was super infected. After about 8 shots of local freezing agent it was still hurting like hell, the infection was disabling the freezing.

He said if the next shot didn't work he'd have to put me on antibiotics, etc. 

lol, when I went to get my painkillers from the pharmacy, I thought the girl was just being cute with me, smiling etc. Turns out it was because my face was covered in blood and half my face was drooping, looked like I stroked out.

hmm for some reason when using headphones through my amp (hooked up to computer) I hear tons of weird audio artifacts, almost like a quiet fax machine?

If I hook the headphones directly to the computer, no issues. If I use the amp with speakers hooked up to computer, no issues. =/

prob a ground loop hum! google it. annoying first world stuff. maybe through everything away and listen to silence.

FWP related to this: My partner walks at normie speeds so I have to match my pace to his when we walk together. Even so we still manage to walk faster than some people, but only slightly, so it creates these scenes in which we are barely overtaking a walker ahead of us or someone is barely overtaking us and there are moments where it feels like we are walking with this other person. It doesn't seem to bother Frank (my partner) at all but I find it pretty awkward at times.

lol, I find it quite hard to match pace with my wife, and even when we're having a conversation I sometimes end up a pace or so ahead of her. She calls me Hirohito*

*apparently because this is something he also did. Disclaimer: I have no detailed knowledge of Japanese imperial walking traditions

prob a ground loop hum! google it. annoying first world stuff. maybe through everything away and listen to silence.

It's weird though as it only happens through my headphones, the monitors are fine?

But yeah you're probably right, I have been having issues with the turntable as well so... ugh

It's weird though as it only happens through my headphones, the monitors are fine?

But yeah you're probably right, I have been having issues with the turntable as well so... ugh

Dude this is a 'Wearing Headphones Without Listening To Anything' comp track waiting to happen

heh, not mine. Apparently mine was super infected. After about 8 shots of local freezing agent it was still hurting like hell, the infection was disabling the freezing.

He said if the next shot didn't work he'd have to put me on antibiotics, etc. 

lol, when I went to get my painkillers from the pharmacy, I thought the girl was just being cute with me, smiling etc. Turns out it was because my face was covered in blood and half my face was drooping, looked like I stroked out.

so it turns out even a root canal won't save me. they said there's a chance that would work, but I've let this get so bad that they just want to pull the entire thing and do something called a bone graft (sounds pretty unpleasant) in case I want to get a replacement put in later (which i probably will, since this tooth isn't at the complete back of my jaw and i'm gonna look pretty goddamn ghoulish for a while...). I can't afford dental care, that's why I've been putting off any visits. they said this is probably going to cost a few thousand dollars *tears* and i suck at being calm at the dentists office anyway. i am really not looking forward to this. but my mouth hurts like hell already and it's just going to get worse. feels like i got smacked with a pipe wrench. my teeth are already crooked and if they pull this one out the rest are probably going to move around (right?)... so braces are probably in my future as well. goddamn it all i seriously have NO money for this, and i'm trying to move to a new city, which is already clearing out my small savings. also i am mortified by the idea of all of this. i suck so bad at being an adult. :(

so it turns out even a root canal won't save me. they said there's a chance that would work, but I've let this get so bad that they just want to pull the entire thing and do something called a bone graft (sounds pretty unpleasant) in case I want to get a replacement put in later (which i probably will, since this tooth isn't at the complete back of my jaw and i'm gonna look pretty goddamn ghoulish for a while...). I can't afford dental care, that's why I've been putting off any visits. they said this is probably going to cost a few thousand dollars *tears* and i suck at being calm at the dentists office anyway. i am really not looking forward to this. but my mouth hurts like hell already and it's just going to get worse. feels like i got smacked with a pipe wrench. my teeth are already crooked and if they pull this one out the rest are probably going to move around (right?)... so braces are probably in my future as well. goddamn it all i seriously have NO money for this, and i'm trying to move to a new city, which is already clearing out my small savings. also i am mortified by the idea of all of this. i suck so bad at being an adult. :(

sh1t. I was hoping it would turn out better than that. Do you have any options at all to subsidize the cost?

Actually a thought, is it not serious enough, infection wise, that you can go to the emergency room?

Edit: sorry, I forget where you live. Are emergency room visits billable? Here you just pay for the ambulance ride pretty much.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

so it turns out even a root canal won't save me. they said there's a chance that would work, but I've let this get so bad that they just want to pull the entire thing and do something called a bone graft (sounds pretty unpleasant) in case I want to get a replacement put in later (which i probably will, since this tooth isn't at the complete back of my jaw and i'm gonna look pretty goddamn ghoulish for a while...). I can't afford dental care, that's why I've been putting off any visits. they said this is probably going to cost a few thousand dollars *tears* and i suck at being calm at the dentists office anyway. i am really not looking forward to this. but my mouth hurts like hell already and it's just going to get worse. feels like i got smacked with a pipe wrench. my teeth are already crooked and if they pull this one out the rest are probably going to move around (right?)... so braces are probably in my future as well. goddamn it all i seriously have NO money for this, and i'm trying to move to a new city, which is already clearing out my small savings. also i am mortified by the idea of all of this. i suck so bad at being an adult. :(

sh1t. I was hoping it would turn out better than that. Do you have any options at all to subsidize the cost?

Actually a thought, is it not serious enough, infection wise, that you can go to the emergency room?

Edit: sorry, I forget where you live. Are emergency room visits billable? Here you just pay for the ambulance ride pretty much.

Emergency room visits cost a shitton of money here. Ambulance rides too. Last time I did that (got hit by a car and knocked out, some stranger must have called the ambulance) it cost about $3000 and $450 respectively. And that was just for stitches and a lift across the neighborhood. :/

Sorry to hear that, crap I was really hoping that might be an avenue that would work. Here, you have to pay for dental/have benefits that cover it, but if you go to the emergency room it would be covered under public health care.

What state do you live in?

Can't believe an old classmate, allegedly, is quite shady, ripping off people that need help (& the government) for millions of euro's.