IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

wtf. starting off 2022 w/a bang. back in august i had to have the door latch/unlocking mechanism on my car fixed. it no longer responded to the keyfob thing and i was told it would eventually break completely and the only way into the car would be to crawl in through the rear hatch. 

so, 5 months later, i go to get in the car this morning and the latch is fucked. not responding to the keyfob and so i figure fuck.. it's probably busted again already.. at least i can just use the key until i get it fixed again.. nope. key barely goes in.. had to climb in through the rear hatch. lols. i guess i can just leave it unlocked until i get it fixed. 

i checked to see if it's been tampered with and there's no signs of someone trying to break into it or anything. so dumb. there's no keyhole on the passenger side.. only the driver side and the rear hatch. rear hatch lock responds fine to the keyfob.. so there's that. 

happy new year. 

edit: update.. stopped by the repair shop who are really good and he immediately determined it's the keyfob.. put a new battery in it and all is well. this is good. i'll take any win i can. 

Edited by ignatius

Body clock still weird. Go to bed, sleep for a few hours, then awake from 2am to 5.30am, then sleep until 10am. Still in my underpants and eating breakfast at midday, whereas I should be out cycling at 7am. One more week and then back to work, that’ll be a major shock to the system ? ?

My 2 week uni Chrismas holiday ends tomorrow and I thought I'd check my uni email to see what's up. Turns out I've missed deadlines and more things have changed etc. etc. etc.

The disorganisation at my uni is seriously doing my head in. I never have any clue what is going on at any given time. This is no way to run an educational facility.

28 minutes ago, milkface said:

My 2 week uni Chrismas holiday ends tomorrow and I thought I'd check my uni email to see what's up. Turns out I've missed deadlines and more things have changed etc. etc. etc.

The disorganisation at my uni is seriously doing my head in. I never have any clue what is going on at any given time. This is no way to run an educational facility.

I felt the same way when I went to the university. Apparently, it HAS gotten better though, but I would miss deadlines as well. I think the worst was when I found out that I was supposed to apply for getting started on my master's thesis. I was waiting for them to send me an email saying, "hey, congrats on enduring these last couple of years, here's what's next...".

Turns out I was wrong.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Squee said:

I felt the same way when I went to the university. Apparently, it HAS gotten better though, but I would miss deadlines as well. I think the worst was when I found out that I was supposed to apply for getting started on my master's thesis. I was waiting for them to send me an email saying, "hey, congrats on enduring these last couple of years, here's what's next...".

Turns out I was wrong.

I'm on a year abroad in France right now and the uni looks like it's from the 1970s and has late 1990s infrastructure. My uni back in the UK seems like perfection compared to where I'm at now when it comes to technological infrastructure, teaching and organisation.

On 12/31/2021 at 1:59 AM, toaoaoad said:

The proper Chocolate Orange doesn't mess around. One knows what he's getting into with one of those.  But the orange chocolate in a mix is a bad apple, an imposter, the annoying and foul-smelling person at the party and you're going "who invited this guy? Someone here must like him, but who?" 

731802f9a75c2610c61e930a84a50e3a.jpg.eb129326d699cf4942245d83c21ba1d6.jpg

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

No shit... a chocolate lemon sounds like a great gift for someone you hate

plus they were really expensive in those days. "2/- each" in the picture above is around 15 to 20 usd today. nothing better than a shit present from a crazy rich bastard.

(btw i love terry's chocolate orange. my fwp is that i only buy them around christmas time when they cost £1, otherwise they're like three times the price.)

1 hour ago, drillkicker said:

I made a tinder again and now im matching with all the people i matched with before.  Im not sure how to work with this.

i've made/deleted dating profiles because of this. "i wonder what that person is up to?.. i'll re-enable my account.. yep.. there she is.. still there.. ok.. guess i'm done.. delete account"

years ago my friend was telling me how her dad or someone old in her family gave her advice.. saying "if you're lonely.. just go home with one of your friends sometime" and i kinda think that's good advice these days. 

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

i've made/deleted dating profiles because of this. "i wonder what that person is up to?.. i'll re-enable my account.. yep.. there she is.. still there.. ok.. guess i'm done.. delete account"

years ago my friend was telling me how her dad or someone old in her family gave her advice.. saying "if you're lonely.. just go home with one of your friends sometime" and i kinda think that's good advice these days. 

I just wanna go out with one of these people but they make it too hard

My plan is to make a semi-satirical Tinder account, with photos that are exaggerations of generic Tinder tropes + "swipe right if dead inside" or something to that effect.  One of my old matches who has since become one of my best friends is going to help me with some of the photography.  When I explained the idea to her one of the first things she said was "Yes!  Troll the Tinderella!!"  Might use Cannibal Corpse - Addicted to Vaginal Skin as my theme song.  Or Own Bare Hands by Ween.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I’ve become really bad at replying to WhatsApp messages and I feel terrible about it which then makes it probably even more unlikely I’ll muster up the whatever the fuck I’m lacking to be able to respond to a short written message in a appropriately timely fashion, so that I can feel a little bit worse about it the next day. I feel like I’ve been depleted of energy, which is total bullshit, and everything/everyone is slipping through my fingers, which is true to a certain extent, and there’s nothing I can do about it, which is bullshit because it’s not that difficult to maintain a small number of low-key social contacts. But I just can’t anymore. What the fuck. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, user said:

I’ve become really bad at replying to WhatsApp messages and I feel terrible about it which then makes it probably even more unlikely I’ll muster up the whatever the fuck I’m lacking to be able to respond to a short written message in a appropriately timely fashion, so that I can feel a little bit worse about it the next day. I feel like I’ve been depleted of energy, which is total bullshit, and everything/everyone is slipping through my fingers, which is true to a certain extent, and there’s nothing I can do about it, which is bullshit because it’s not that difficult to maintain a small number of low-key social contacts. But I just can’t anymore. What the fuck. 

If it makes you feel any better, I have only one friend that sends me messages on WhatsApp and I can’t fuckin do it. Granted, he also sends me messages via text and instagram so a 3rd platform is just way too fuckin much. 
Sometimes, however, I do feel guilty for not wanting messages from him because it’s not like anyone else is messaging me. Still, he also always messages me at the exact wrong times. It’s uncanny. It’s like he has a sixth sense for knowing when I’m in the middle of a stressful situation or I’m juggling multiple different tasks that require my full attention and that is exactly when he messages me some YouTube, instagram or twitter link that I really don’t care about. Then I feel guilty for not replying something that acknowledges the thought behind his sharing. Ugh. Too psychological. :wtf:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Well then... great?  If they all matched you again, I guess they like you too.  So get some dates set up, stat.

That's not true.  People match and then dont ever reply.  This isnt different just because they matched again.

27 minutes ago, drillkicker said:

That's not true.  People match and then dont ever reply.  This isnt different just because they matched again.

Have you tried any other apps?

Tinder always makes me think of the Circuit in Logan's Run.

2 hours ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

Have you tried any other apps?

Tinder always makes me think of the Circuit in Logan's Run.

I actually did find someone who's actually interested in replying and it seems promising but this happens so infrequently that im just confused.  I get a lot of matches but one one in a hundred actually reply to messages.

8 hours ago, drillkicker said:

Ahh... yeah, it's maybe only 1 in 5 matches who will reply to me either. That's surprising that they would bother matching again if they wouldn't give you the time of day the first time around.  People are weird/dumb/fucking annoying.  Are you going to try chat initiation take 2?

42 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Ahh... yeah, it's maybe only 1 in 5 matches who will reply to me either. That's surprising that they would bother matching again if they wouldn't give you the time of day the first time around.  People are weird/dumb/fucking annoying.  Are you going to try chat initiation take 2?

That's the thing, i dont know how to achieve chat initiation take 2.  I tried with one of them and got unmatched right away.  But it's ok because i found someone who is actually showing a lot of interest and one person is all i really need tinder to give me.

• Like 1