IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

good call to leave. but berlin is just a stopgap. i'm looking for anti-london anti-metropolis not london somewhere else.

i'll be out of here in 2 years or less. i've had my go now.

Edited by fenton

More coffee is always my solution, but I often feel like having a nap right after having a cup.

As for carbs... I eat a lot of bread, so I get a lot of carbs, but maybe not the right ones. I'm no nutritionist. It is most likely a dietary thing that's causing my drowsiness. My meals tend to be either convenient or hedonistic. The nutritional value of what I'm consuming seldom enters the equation.

Oh I was just thinking, try skipping the carbs and eating a lot of fat for a day or two and see how you feel. I seem to function best this way although it's not for everyone. It all but eradicates my lethargy and I only really need 2 meals a day.

I'm liking this more-fat idea.  No one's ever suggested that one to me.  Thanks!

FWP: I'm dogsitting until Monday and didn't bring nearly enough socks.  Also, I'm pretty sure the dog hid one pair on me.  Guess I'll have to suffer the long commute to town and back before my stay is through.  

I'm kinda sick of living in London now and want to leave. even to the point of considering other countries.

It used to be a fun place to live, but now it's just ballbags and I want out. The question is though, where to?

come to canada, will take ya

Oh I was just thinking, try skipping the carbs and eating a lot of fat for a day or two and see how you feel. I seem to function best this way although it's not for everyone. It all but eradicates my lethargy and I only really need 2 meals a day.

I'm liking this more-fat idea. No one's ever suggested that one to me. Thanks!

You're welcome! Let me know how it works out. The r/keto subreddit has some great ideas if you're looking for inspiration. Edited by sweepstakes

I'm kinda sick of living in London now and want to leave. even to the point of considering other countries.

It used to be a fun place to live, but now it's just ballbags and I want out. The question is though, where to?

Alaska is nice if you enjoy the outdoors. Winters are long though with limited daylight. But it's still part of a country of which Trump is the current leader...

So in that case maybe somewhere with a similar climate that hasn't already been mentioned - like Switzerland, or one of the countries in Scandinavia.

Alaska is nice if you enjoy the outdoors. Winters are long though with limited daylight. But it's still part of a country of which Trump is the current leader...

So in that case maybe somewhere with a similar climate that hasn't already been mentioned - like Switzerland, or one of the countries in Scandinavia.

it looks like my hands been changed, as my mother's health has now started to deteriorate to the point of her legs no longer functioning and my foster dad showing the early signs of skin cancer. i'm going to need to start seeing more of them and therefore need to stay close by to be able to do so. JESUS CHRIST!!!

Yeah, sorry to hear about the family crises.  That's a rough one.  I know that dilemma well, because as soon as I thought "maybe I should move to another city" my dad's health took a turn for the worse and now I feel like going elsewhere would be like abandoning my mom in her time of need.  Granted, I probably would just think about leaving and then never actually do it, as is my style.  But now I have a good reason why I shouldn't.

FWP this dog has an unnerving habit of constantly studying my every move.  He's like one of those creepy little kids who won't stop staring.

FWP this dog has an unnerving habit of constantly studying my every move.  He's like one of those creepy little kids who won't stop staring.

lol, I was dogsitting about two months ago at my father's house. The dog is old as a fossil, and she is almost deaf. She studied my every move and followed me everywhere, especially the kitchen; definitely hoping to score a meal or a snack, since her strict diet imposing owners were not at home. Never thought spending time with a dog can be awkward.

I'm sorry to hear that Madam C :(

I hope that one day you'll be happier in life, even if it requires going expat. But I understand your mum and foster dad need you close by.

Edited by ambermonk

This Nord Electro 3 organ that I borrowed for a project is amazing and I might have to buy one.  Unfortunately that would reduce my net worth by over 50%... unless I can find a sweet deal used.  I found one on ebay, but it is only 4 inches long and I don't have microfingers.

girl troubles 

maybe I should move and get me a third-world girl

Jay-Z might have something to say...

This Nord Electro 3 organ that I borrowed for a project is amazing and I might have to buy one.  Unfortunately that would reduce my net worth by over 50%... unless I can find a sweet deal used.  I found one on ebay, but it is only 4 inches long and I don't have microfingers.

lol that sounds like Tr- ..oh wait, are we talking about synth gear?

I got this hurricane thing coming in, and all i want is Ramen at a closed restaurant. 

Like genuine Japanese ramen? Now you're talking. But more importantly, be safe.

was in a similar position with multiple parental cancers, trying to juggle appointments & sketchy care provision.....

i'd def have a look for a reliable local advocacy service, because they can admin the NHS &/or other care providers into the correct courses of action, cos sometimes the system fails individual clients & families are left trying to manage the care professional should be doing, it could save you from a lot of secondary stress triggers

if yer in the south east theres a surprising amount of places within 60mins that are worth exploring, eg the surprisingly cosy coastal Kent town of Whitsable, or a decent camera and an afternoon around Camber Sands. Even good ol' Canvey Island (of Dr Feelgood infamy) over the estuary in Essex is well worth a mission if you enjoy a challenge, but the entire South Downs either side of Surrey & Sussex is a treasure trove of nature @ its most mellow, Box Hill and the hills around Dorking....still cheap by train & the exercise will lower stress

a city will compound multiple stresses, so try & make time for just yourself, plan ahead for when a window appears & get the f*ck out of dodge, once every 3/4 weeks will serve its purpose while the professionals do their thing

Looks like we'll have another 4 years of cunty fuckshits ruining this country. I'm pissed off.

I re-setup my studio in the house I've been dogsitting, and for some reason my computer traveled back in time 15 years when I turned it on.  The last time I plugged my studio computer into a new spot the same thing happened.  Why on earth would plugging a computer into a different outlet have that effect?  Does that make any logical sense whatsoever?  My computer believes it is January 5th 2002.  This means I just turned legal drinking age and I have my whole life ahead of me.  Sweet deal if true.

I re-setup my studio in the house I've been dogsitting, and for some reason my computer traveled back in time 15 years when I turned it on.  The last time I plugged my studio computer into a new spot the same thing happened.  Why on earth would plugging a computer into a different outlet have that effect?  Does that make any logical sense whatsoever?  My computer believes it is January 5th 2002.  This means I just turned legal drinking age and I have my whole life ahead of me.  Sweet deal if true.

faulty outlet or spiking voltage flashing your CMOS battery?  

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

Harassment Prevention Training

f u HR

lol.

How do you prevent harassment aside from not hiring assholes?

Couldn't find Buffalo Trace at the store so I bought a fifth of Bulleit to share with my friend who always shares his whiskey with me. I guess my tastes have changed, because I don't like this much :/