IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Whew indeed.  My mom's cat, also indoor, ran off just over a month ago.  I put up posters all around the area and dropped off fliers in ~100 mail boxes.  He has a kidney condition and took medication daily.  Anyway, after over a month of roaming wild he found his way into some guy's basement suite earlier this week.  That guy put up a "found cat" poster.  Someone saw that, along with one of my lost cat posters and put 2 and 2 together, contacted the guy, guy contacted my mom...  By some miracle he's still alive, despite having virtually no survival skills that I've ever witnessed, and being extremely slow, old and frail.  But... I saw him tonight at the vet clinic for the first time since his reappearance, and it's not looking good.  His kidneys have calcified and there's not much they can do about that.  He just sat perfectly still the whole time facing the wall.  I could feel every vertebrae of his spine as I pet him.  Had one of those lamp shade deals on his head, and a tube for fluids in his nostril.  Pretty goddamn sad.  I'd be surprised if he survives to the end of the month.  

On a more FWP note... I left my Mr. Coffee on while visiting the aforementioned kitty and am lucky my studio didn't burn down.  That thing gets hot!

cats are hardcore survivalists. I had one in an apartment in my uni days who fell off a balcony 5 storeys up, survived, wandered off, was picked up by a kind stranger two suburbs away about 6-8 months later, brought in to the local vet, and I got a call one afternoon six months after his initial disappearance to come pick him up.

unfortunately it wasn't a happy ending, one of his front legs had gotten stuck in his leather collar because of the fall and it had worn and worn away at him all that time until he had a deep open wound under there at the point where the leg joins the body, which we were told by the vet would never heal. he said we should just put him down, and my dad who hates animals and is a useless cunt generally decided to seal the deal by insisting he wasn't going to have an injured cat at home.

that whole experience contributed not insigificantly to my general embitteredness. I would've tried my hardest to nurse him back to a good life and I think he would've been amenable to it himself, he was still happy to see us in spite of all the suffering he had endured. since then I never put any kind of collar on pets, not even the tearaway kind.

Fucking brutal.  Sorry to hear it.  One thing I learned from this experience, is that the general public is surprisingly invested in finding lost cats.  My mom was getting phone calls multiple times almost every day for weeks from people who either thought they may have seen him, or general inquiries about him, whether he'd been found yet, etc.  Humanity definitely earned a few extra points.

cats are cunts, not y'alls cats of course, but species wide.....

they commit genocide on local bird life populations with the casual aplomb of a Nazi concentration camp commandant, so much so that A) i suspect they have Nazi regalia stashed away somewhere, & B) i've had to rearrange all me own bird feeders away from a boundary wall where the fascist cats would mug the wee flying creatures from

then they have the nerve to sunbathe on my patio despite regular visits from my Ma's jack russell

where will it end, cos the bells on collars plots is a complete misnomer, i bet cats were @ Charlottesville in those ranks of Nazis with their spectacular shield wall, if you watch the footage again & listen v closely you can hear the meowwing

red pil cat facts

*disclaimer - cats have rights just like all the creatures of the earth, just, the slaughter can not continue unchecked even if they are cute

they commit genocide on local bird life populations with the casual aplomb of a Nazi concentration camp commandant

21730963_1943318639241957_18192375646232

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

We already knew Lovecraft was a racist cunt though.

:cisfor:

they commit genocide on local bird life populations with the casual aplomb of a Nazi concentration camp commandant

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

:cisfor:

I'm being nickel dimed on shipping a couple Kyma systems to a Professor currently on a job in Europe for the month and he has done a fucking Ted Talk! He's trying to weasel out of 250 measly dollars in shipping charges by nitpicking defects that were already stated before the sale. Really? 

I've been working from home as we finish construction on the new shop and office, but with little to do. Some days I'm calling construction contractors or setting up meetings for vendors. Some days I go down to the southern shop to check in on the progress and eat at the bar next to it. Some days I'm compiling data for new prospective locations... some days I make a spreadsheet in an hour and have nothing else to do until the next day. None of these things really take more than 4 hours.

But I still get paid all the same... 

I guess I'm bored? Who knows. It'll be like drinking from a fire hose pretty soon. 

Iglooghost is way too skilled for a 19 year old musician/producer.  I can't accept it.

What the fuck? Never heard of him, but damn he's good. Got a lil' bit of Wisp in him in the tracks I heard.

Like wisp meets glass swords or some shit. Super well produced whatever it is. 

I've been working from home as we finish construction on the new shop and office, but with little to do. Some days I'm calling construction contractors or setting up meetings for vendors. Some days I go down to the southern shop to check in on the progress and eat at the bar next to it. Some days I'm compiling data for new prospective locations... some days I make a spreadsheet in an hour and have nothing else to do until the next day. None of these things really take more than 4 hours.

But I still get paid all the same... 

I guess I'm bored? Who knows. It'll be like drinking from a fire hose pretty soon. 

Iglooghost is way too skilled for a 19 year old musician/producer.  I can't accept it.

What the fuck? Never heard of him, but damn he's good. Got a lil' bit of Wisp in him in the tracks I heard.

Like wisp meets glass swords or some shit. Super well produced whatever it is. 

he opened for flylo here in Calgary when I saw him on my bday there, he may have been the show of the night tbh. Was dope enough for me to buy his newest album without listening to samples. 

I have faith.

if you throw a stick with this particular jack russell, you just get looked at funny in a "is this some kind of game you want to waste my time with, again?" manner

imagine John Le Mesurier with rampant Valleys opportunism

EHLDv0Yl.jpg

Edited by cwmbrancity

I've a 'friend' who lies all the damn time, just lies to your face like you're retarded, on almost every single conversation, doesn't matter how short. For example I was telling him about me going running and he goes "yeah I saw you at this one place I was doing some cardio too", and I tell him, I've never gone running at that one place, and I know for a fact you havent done cardio since it was mandatory in high school... Like it's not even a lie that's plausible, I know where I've been, what are you even trying to achieve here? And he doesnt bend, no way. Doesnt even go "well it might've been someone else", no, he goes "no man I saw you"  :psyduck: