IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Yeah Safeway has pretty nice bagels. The Jalapeno cheddar ones are quite greasy but tasty with veggie cream cheese.

that's one of our favs too!

You know what else is good that I haven't seen in a while are their onion cheese kaiser rolls. I hope they haven't discontinued those.

sweepstakes, on 18 Aug 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Bulk VanderHooj, on 18 Aug 2017 - 08:16 AM, said:

sweepstakes, on 18 Aug 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Yeah Safeway has pretty nice bagels. The Jalapeno cheddar ones are quite greasy but tasty with veggie cream cheese.

You know what else is good that I haven't seen in a while are their onion cheese kaiser rolls. I hope they haven't discontinued those.

They still sell them here!

doublename, on 18 Aug 2017 - 08:49 AM, said:

Supermarket bagels wtf...

Sounds lame maybe, but they're legit. Really good, baked fresh daily (on location), fairly priced. Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

We talkin' bagels? We literally have a bagel restaurant in my city where you can order a wide array of bagel sandwiches, or just buy a dozen day-old bagels for six bucks. And they make their own. Plus a variety of cream cheeses to choose from. (Feel spoiled)

And yes, flavored coffee is bullshit.

Did you guys ever have their pesto bagels/sun dried tomato bagels back when that was still a thing?  I've never had finer bagels.  The discontinuation of each was one of the greatest FWPs I've ever had to face.

I read that as veggie cum cheese

My fwp is the inmates are playing up tonight. I've already had one say he's gonna shoot my mum in the head when he gets out (me: "k") and another one tell me all the terrorist attacks are by jews dressed as muslims. Oh also that jews do magic.

ffs lemme just watch movies in peace

It would take almost a year of listening nonstop to go through all the music currently on my hard drive, not including all unzipped albums.  But I probably only listen to an average of 45 min of music per day, not including the music I'm working on.  So... I should be dead several times over before I listen to all this stuff again.

i got my phone pick pocketed from me on the bus on friday, and then when i went online to change my paypal details i discovered someone had used my acccount to buy themselves a pair of nike football boots. double whammy. people are cunts.

told i had to come in to work today, sunday, BLAh, plan my day around it. phoned right before i leave on the bus that there's no work for me. good or bad ? i dunno, this company is so fucking scattered.

My coworker, with whom I work with in special accounts (foreign exports, awkward orders, carrier shipping etc), had a major heart attack several weeks ago, and will be off work for a while. There are multiple downsides to this:

1) He's an awesome guy, who works surpremely hard, is willing to do everything he can to help and is always trying to improve himself, even when it's outside his comfort zone. There are few coworkers I would say I like, but he is one of them, and that he has been taken ill like this has made me quite sad. To hear that he's on the mend and survived was news I received happily.

2) He had learned many of the jobs I alone know how to do, and with him off, having holiday days off will be quite awkward. I have not been told I am not allowed time off, but I know what kind of look I will receive if I try to book any.

3) The person I have been given to replace him is totally shit, lazy and deluded as to his abilities as a worker and human being. Not to mention a selfish prick: when told he would be helping me for a while, he said he didn't want to do it because he believes the job is what gave my coworker the heart attack, and that he 'valued his health more than taking on jobs he doesn't want to do' (he said this on the morning we found out the coworker had suffered a heart attack). The lazy replacement spends all of the day making comments like 'no wonder he had a heart attack with work like this' and 'I don't want to die early', and expects me to agree with him. The work he's doing is the same as what he normally does, except he now has to put slips of paper into the boxes he packs. Which I have to help him with, despite being busy with more complicated stuff, because he keeps forgetting what to do. And then asks when he's getting a pay rise for having to deal with the extra 'stress'.

tl;dr: sad about ill colleague, holidays are but a distant dream and his replacement is a wanker. And this is the second time in two years that a coworker of mine has suffered major health problems (last year, my former coworker broke his ankle and took six months to recover). Perhaps I am bad luck to be around? Does my cowanker have a reason to be afraid?

The only plus is that I am again in a tough situation, and might get another huge bonus for dealing with it without complaining (apart from on WATMM, course). Perhaps. Maybe. If I don't get one then there really isn't any plus!

Something's wrong with the brakes on my car...

I was out running a couple errands today, driving it for the first time in weeks since I don't have to drive to work anymore. Got 2 of my errands done but on the way to my 3rd errand the brake warning light came on, and I had to stop way in advance, and slam the pedal all the way down... Put the hazard lights on, but was still kinda nervous driving home, afraid the brakes were gonna go out on me completely or that'd someone would cut me off and I'd have to unsuccessfully make a quick stop. Fortunately, I got home without any incident.

Not sure what the hell's wrong, brakes were fine the last time I was driving, or so I thought.... Not looking forward to finding out and  coughing up to get it fixed.

Got caught up in a remix and forgot to eat dinner. Now it's 2Am and I'm starving. I guess sleep will be a while off yet.

I did the same yesterday. So for dinner I ended up eating to huge bowls of curry and 3 slices of pizza. My stomach feels pretty fucked today.

I think I was just misled by false advertising on Zoosk. The 6-month subscription ended up being 5 times the cost of what was advertised. What the fuck.

Should I really be doing this online dating thing? I hate when I fall victim to my own idiocy.

Doesn't look like I can opt out for a refund either. Oh well, I'll just have to unsubscribe come mid-Feb.

I don't think anything will come of it TBH. Whatever, we'll see what happens I guess. lol

Got caught up in a remix and forgot to eat dinner. Now it's 2Am and I'm starving. I guess sleep will be a while off yet.

I did the same yesterday. So for dinner I ended up eating to huge bowls of curry and 3 slices of pizza. My stomach feels pretty fucked today.

That's quite the binge!  An entire premade oven pizza + bowl of ice cream is my favorite way to top off a day of neglecting my body's basic needs.

FWP: there seems to be a recent trend with facebook friends in the 50+ age group posting quizzes like:

"if you can spot all the images that don't fit, you have OCD"

or

"if you know the definitions of these 20 words, you have a genius level IQ."  

And then they and a dozen of their equally clueless friends get all hyped up on how they are somehow all OCD supergeniuses who got perfect scores on the quiz. 

I swear I've seen 5 status updates like this in the last week.  

does the WATMM FB page have any affiliation with the forums?

There used to be the occasional good post (good tunes, casual chit chat) and stuff but now it's just some lunatic spamming and responding to himself 45x a day.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

There used to be the occasional good post (good tunes, casual chit chat) and stuff but now it's just some lunatic spamming and responding to himself 45x a day.

Isn't that standard WATMM behavior?

Isn't that standard WATMM behavior?

lol, no rlly though if you have facebook go take a look. It's insane!