IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

nomeansno is one of the best punk bands to come out of Vancouver ever. You should go get their whole back catalogue right now.

Nomeansno is fucking awesome.

This evening I ran my daughter's 6&U soccer practice (filling in while head coach is away), and since I'm running around and being all coach-like I bring a small reusable shopping bag to store my keys, wallet, sunglasses, etc... and yep, some Little Miss FWP tread the thing with cleats and now my phone screen is cracked, guhhhhhr

I fucking hate la Croix and my wife loves it. I had a 12-pack of the Safeway brand club soda, which is decent, and she drank half of it, and then she bought 24 cans of la Crap and half of it is that awful lime flavor that literally nauseates me.

i just searched a bunch of stores near me to find a decent price on cat6 ethernet cable but knew deep down that if i just got home and used amazon i'd be paying less. sure enough: 1/3 the price for the same product. there really will be no department stores soon. part of me cares, part of me doesnt. if these stores actually had good customer service they'd stand a chance, but the best help i got was from a neckbeard who led me to the cables and hawked over me, filling the tedious aeons before his lunch break with questions about my intentions for the cable and my budget. just about stuck a dongle in his mouth gnome sane

i just searched a bunch of stores near me to find a decent price on cat6 ethernet cable but knew deep down that if i just got home and used amazon i'd be paying less. sure enough: 1/3 the price for the same product. there really will be no department stores soon. part of me cares, part of me doesnt. if these stores actually had good customer service they'd stand a chance, but the best help i got was from a neckbeard who led me to the cables and hawked over me, filling the tedious aeons before his lunch break with questions about my intentions for the cable and my budget. just about stuck a dongle in his mouth gnome sane

the "what do you need it for?" question makes me want to smash a face. 

the "what do you need it for?" question makes me want to smash a face.

I even get that shit at the grocery store. I'll buy a random smattering of things like cough drops and tomatoes and lunchmeat and they'll be like WHOA you must be having some crazy party! No, fuckwit, I'm shopping for more than the next 3 hours.

Well this is fun. 99% sure a pipe burst under the house I'm renting. If my LL wasn't such a douchebag I'd say oh well, he'll help pay the utilities, but based on prior experience, I have a feeling he'll fight tooth and nail to avoid helping me at all.

Edited by luke viia

Well this is fun. 99% sure a pipe burst under the house I'm renting. If my LL wasn't such a douchebag I'd say oh well, he'll help pay the utilities, but based on prior experience, I have a feeling he'll fight tooth and nail to avoid helping me at all.

If you're renting the house then why should you have to pay for anything like that? That should he his problem since he's the owner.

Yeah, I shouldn't have to pay (and I won't) but if he tries to flounder or put off helping with the utilities - which are in my name - the utility company won't care and they'll shut my water off until it's paid. Eventually the landlord will have to pay the bill (or see me in small claims) but in the meantime this is just a headache.

And that's not including the very real possibility that this leak could pose a serious electrical hazard, since the leak - visible as a 2' wide wet path through the front yard - goes right under the electrical panel. That said, I'm no electrician and it may not be a risk at all, but given the history I have of dealing with this death trap of a house, I dunno... I've got my sights on a new place to live, but I'm waiting to get the new draft of the lease and until then I'm kinda stuck. Don't really have the money to move again anyway. If I do, I set back my finances enough to where I can't afford the schooling I need to change career paths, further locking me into relative poverty. And I'm reeeaaall sick of my current job.

I'd just like to say: ugh

Edited by luke viia

^ had that happen once, we had no idea the water was leaking until I got a huge bill - city came out and showed me how to turn it off but since it was on the property (ended up under the lawn) they didn't compensate any of the bill

sucks your LL is a dick - ours eventually paid but we were out hundreds more than usual while we waited

forgot to check if my cat came in last night and now he's gone. he's been outside before but he's an indoor cat - he likes to hang out in the backyard but he doesn't wander off much ever

never had to deal with this before, it's quite upsetting- flyers out, posting on various sites and checking the city's database

really wracked with guilt along with the fact that the little booger is a really good cat 

ugh... Our kitty got out once and it was a nightmare, same kind of situation. I hope he turns up soon. It's really stressful.

Not sure what kind of area you live in but we have eagles, hawks, and coyotes in our community as well as a really busy intersection, made it SUPER stressful.

Sending good vibes your way, go home kitty!

edit: guess I shouldn't have said that about the birdos and stuff, don't want to stress you out more. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

City of Minneapolis can't seem to get my fucking address right to send my paystubs to, despite having worked there since May... I've had them correct it TWICE already, even emailing the correct fucking address to the department directly. It's 382 South, 3 8 2 SOUTH... not 328 North, not 382 North, not 328 South... I'd rather not have my personal finances being forwarded all over town. FFS, at least I'm paid via direct deposit or I'd be fucking broke waiting for my money.

Let me tell you firsthand, there are some incompetent motherfuckers working in government.

Update: found the little bastard! He was hanging out in the cul-de-sac storm sewer intlet all day. I think he was napping way down the pipeline earlier when we looked.

Also sporatic onion cutting has ceased. ;__; >>> :D

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk