IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

3 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

go into a bush, then wash in the river dude it's summer don't be so überkoolische, take a stroll with Alice on the riverbanks, explore the undergrowth, climb a tree and sing some pavarotti, ride the whirlwind, then discuss how all matter is condensed to a slow vibration etc with a random grandpa sitting in the park, live laugh love

i want to try that shit, i mean the magic mushroom shit. I´m a complete novice that smokes weed daily. How can I handle a mushroom? Tips for a beginner ?

8 minutes ago, logakght said:

Tips for a beginner ?

try to eat clean for a couple days before or else you might get some nasty shits. other than that shrooms are pretty unpredictable in terms of what a certain dose might do (much moreso than LSD imo)

• Like 1

Although Tim Leary is a creepy cunt I think he was right when he said something like “lsd is only for the successful, beautiful and intelligent people”. At least, I’ve always taken that to mean that psychedelic experiences in general are best had at a time where you feel somewhat confident about yourself and don’t have any deep rooted self image issues. 

I’ve always tried to adhere to the basics; set and setting are essential, trip with people you feel comfortable being around in an environment where you feel safe and where you have some control over things; make sure you don’t have any pressing matters to take care of and preferably also not for the day after, you don’t want to have to deal with some work related emergency or something when you’ve just realised everything is energy and there are purple streamers shooting out of everyone’s eyes. 
Some people like to have a sitter but unless you’re taking dissociative drugs I think this is not necessary, personally not a huge fan of sober people while  I’m tripping. Turn off your phones/computers/tablets, make sure you have some device to play music from that doesn’t depend on being connected to the internet. 
Don’t try to resist the trip if things get a bit weird or dark, if they do you can always remind yourself that no matter how weird it gets you won’t die and things will be back to normal within a matter of hours. I’ve had some really weird and deep trips but never had a “bad trip”, I think partially because when things got weird I reminded myself that I’d taken drugs and wasn’t really in any position to assess the situation until later. 

Just my 2 ct, obviously. Ymmv imhotep. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, user said:

personally not a huge fan of sober people while  I’m tripping.

agreed, i've always tripped with other trippers for an awesome trip:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, logakght said:

i want to try that shit, i mean the magic mushroom shit. I´m a complete novice that smokes weed daily. How can I handle a mushroom? Tips for a beginner ?

as @user said about the basics - set and setting - and i agree that you can be alone and it's completely safe, and in my personal opinion, offers best experience (if you're reasonable with doses). just be a friend with yourself, i bet after this you'll be even greater friend with yourself. if you have a good friend you feel relaxed around it can be a great experience for both. i have fond memories making music with a friend. being in nature is absolute best, as you can tune in, and you're instantly synced: it's where you come from and belong. some planning ahead is welcome: water, a spliff or two is a really great tuner overall, just don't mix with too much other stuff: a beer is nice though. i only had a couple of experiences with lsd and shrooms each, because in my experience i don't need it so much, and i think no one really needs to indulge in this.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, logakght said:

Try with ice cream or rolled into a fruit by the foot.  Typical beginner mistake is eating the dried caps by themselves, which is pretty unpleasant.

14 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Am I the only one who actually likes the taste of shrooms?

i do, this is a first hearing someone else does. everyone else gags every time, thinks its the worst.

• Like 1

the sticking to the teeth i found more bothersome than the taste.  oreos work pretty well for a disguise. if you make tea it's pretty bitter. 

low dose is a good suggestion for inexperienced trippers. sometimes i experienced them in waves.. like "no tripping anymore" then "oh tripping again" throughout a night. 

1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Am I the only one who actually likes the taste of shrooms?

sour

i like

dont actually need them to get where they bring u, i guess, but as for now, it's like with vaccinations and all that bullshit, it works but for other reasons than u think

reality is very strange and cant be understood from human perspective. if mushrooms aid u get a glimpse of how things actually are, fine, but they are like that with or without shrooms, so the shrooms shouldnt be necessary... but i had a realy good trip. its a dream simulation illusion etc pp anyway so whatever, can as well eat the shrooms for the fun of it

i can talk to grasshoppers, they answer

i am a moth

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

low dose is a good suggestion for inexperienced trippers. sometimes i experienced them in waves.. like "no tripping anymore" then "oh tripping again" throughout a night. 

for me both works. if i eat half a paper of LSD it for some reason lets me keep a foot in  the reality i'm used to and the other in the real world. but if u want to know about reality u should eat as much as u can (full dose, there is a limit of what ur receptors can take in anyway, so they say, so u cant overdose) and see what happens but dont do it at home. travel/walk/drive around, but go paths u dont already know (not necessarily talking about streets and pathways here, also talking about "inner paths", body movements, mind movements, thought movements etc). the world is constantly changing so new paths may appear or disappear. everything "old" is really "new", nothing is really static. it can appear static, if it wants2, but thats not how it is, it's 100% illusionary, so even if it wants2 appear static it can change any second. theres no reason for anything to look like something "new" all the time, but i think thats how everything really is, and if u dont believe me then just eat some LSD and you will see that all things are constantly changing. sometimes a little faster sometimes a little slower, but always changing. LSD makes u realize the nature of things. the whole universe is made up of many universes which are made up of many universes which are made up of many universes etc. there are infinite levels in an infinite world. its hard to describe it, but imagine a 3D world with infinite layers stacked on top of each other in vertical directions (like a set of Russian dolls), well there's also infinitely many worlds stacked horizontally (some right next to each other some far apart) as well as infinitely many worlds stacked diagonally (not sure what this would look like though). this is how i see/sense/feel reality now and where im at mentally since taking psychedelic drugs. when i was younger my perspective was much more limited/less profound and i didn't perceive the nature of things because i hadn't taken psychedelic drugs yet or wasn't ready to understand them mentally or spiritually or whatever u wanna call it.. labels don't matter too much anyways but just bear with me here... so basically - when you take psychedelics your mind expands and your perception changes and its as simple as that..  it encourages u to "read" the "world", see the syymbolism in everything. animals, plants, humans, they all signify something and stand for something. it's really abstract (or can be) ... everything becomes alive--everything has some sort of energy inside of it, some kind of vibration that makes up its essence... music becomes alive  and has a greater significance since its vibrations affect your brainwaves--it causes certain frequencies to be produced which result in certain feelings being experienced... sound is not what it seems to be. it's not entertainment, it speaks to you and transmits its energies into you and resonates with you. it flows throiugh you and u communicate with the sound. if u listen to a track u already "know", well, that track keeps changing and "synchronising" to your body / mind / perception and you "syncronise" with it (for lack of a better term)... maybe "resonating" is the better word. it's not necessarily harmless, it can seriously affect your subconscious and the course of ur life. it's impossible to speak about stuff that cant be talked about. whereof one cannot speak thereof one must remain silent or some bullshit. anyway, i dont think u need LSD or shrooms to be in that reality but it somehow works

the same goes for this laptop and this website (and the internet, which really isn't what it seems to be and works differently than i thought, electricity as such doesnt exist in the way it is explained in schools. it's a myth. reality can resemble the mechanism of electricity if it wants to, but the underlying principles are different ones than previously humanly understood (and humanlyy understandable))

to take this a step further, if we grant that such experiences are the result of the brain's interaction with some sort of non-physical realm, then by definition this is not an experience that can be reproduced in a laboratory setting. The distinction between mental and physical reality is a slippery one indeed. even the brain itself (or the idea that there is a brain) is a product of the brain's interaction with what we call reality

• Like 1

6 hours ago, user said:

Don’t try to resist the trip if things get a bit weird or dark, if they do you can always remind yourself that no matter how weird it gets you won’t die and things will be back to normal within a matter of hours

this is false

hours don't actually exist

11 hours ago, cichlisuite said:

dude it's summer

this is false

seasons don't really exist in a calendar kind of way, they are an inner state. the same goes for the times of the day. day and night are an inner state, time is elastic, memory of time is a narration. if the sun shines it is a result of the energies that flow through you and existence itself. if the lightning in the sky is red instead of blue, it is a result of energetic transformations

the past is inside the present you fool

3 hours ago, diatoms said:

i do, this is a first hearing someone else does. everyone else gags every time, thinks its the worst.

Yeah, the woman I was doing them with last who is hardcore into drugs was gagging on them.  To me the taste is so innocuous - wouldn't even occur to me that it might bother someone else.  Meanwhile my trip was nonstop purgatory.

3 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

They taste disgusting. Like stinky feet

Blue cheese tastes like stinky feet, and is delicious.  But I understand why other people hate it.  Now that's a weird taste.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, dingformung said:

this is false

seasons don't really exist in a calendar kind of way, they are an inner state. the same goes for the times of the day. day and night are an inner state, time is elastic, memory of time is a narration. if the sun shines it is a result of the energies that flow through you and existence itself. if the lightning in the sky is red instead of blue, it is a result of energetic transformations

the past is inside the present you fool

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yekker said:

Meanwhile Dingy still exists... or does he?

Schroedingers dingus

he both exists and doesn’t, we won’t know until his posts or absence of, collapse into a defined state through our clicking on these threads 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

5 hours ago, dingformung said:

reality

2 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

collapse

• Big Brain 1