IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My FWP: I do not have the time or the drive to continue to have the same climate change debates each and every year. I cannot understand people who suspect there is an international conspiracy of otherwise entirely reputable scientists trying to "get government money" for their climate research, or people who believe climate scientists are such bumbling dummies that they all misinterpret their own data over the span decades...and mysteriously all come to the same general conclusion. I just. don't. get it. That is such a far-fetched cockamamie conspiracy it would make Lyndon LaRouches followers raise an eyebrow.

Zizek talks about something that might help to explain this phenomenon (why people don't believe in climate change, even if they know it is happening)

[youtubehd]iGCfiv1xtoU[/youtubehd]

there's a guy at work (another manager) who's causing problems for me by manipulating my already stressed boss.

as a result the boss is raining down all hell on me but giving more and more power to this other guy who is basically fucking everything up for me.

the irony is this guy probably wouldn't even be here if i'd raised a grievance against him for physically assaulting me at work a while ago.

This sounds awful. Could you talk to your boss about it or does he actually trust this guy more than he trusts you ?

This wonderful day keeps going with more bullshit from my boss. And I've noticed I keep gritting teeth without paying attention. I've been doing that for a week now I think. Hurts :cerious:

there's a guy at work (another manager) who's causing problems for me by manipulating my already stressed boss.

as a result the boss is raining down all hell on me but giving more and more power to this other guy who is basically fucking everything up for me.

the irony is this guy probably wouldn't even be here if i'd raised a grievance against him for physically assaulting me at work a while ago.

This sounds awful. Could you talk to your boss about it or does he actually trust this guy more than he trusts you ?

This wonderful day keeps going with more bullshit from my boss. And I've noticed I keep gritting teeth without paying attention. I've been doing that for a week now I think. Hurts :cerious:

basically yes, this guy is taking advantage of a pre-existing situation which is tension between myself and my boss. he's just aggravating it.

He assaulted you at work? What the fuck? Have you reported this? What happened?

Well, here are some more First World Work Problems:

I'm working on "something-something-I-can't-say-what-it-is-sound-design" at work.

I'm about to bust a fucking nut over this. Sure, I may have forgotten to add a tiny little fucking detail to some of the recordings, which would take about 1 minute to fix, but instead the client sends an email to my boss about it and wants a meeting about it. And it makes me look like the fucking sinner here.

My girlfriend walked in the door a couple of hours ago and this shit made me act like a negative asshole. I feel like an ass now.

EDIT: The meeting ended up being not so bad.

My FWP: I do not have the time or the drive to continue to have the same climate change debates each and every year. I cannot understand people who suspect there is an international conspiracy of otherwise entirely reputable scientists trying to "get government money" for their climate research, or people who believe climate scientists are such bumbling dummies that they all misinterpret their own data over the span decades...and mysteriously all come to the same general conclusion. I just. don't. get it. That is such a far-fetched cockamamie conspiracy it would make Lyndon LaRouches followers raise an eyebrow.

What makes me chuckle is that most of the dumbasses who comment on climate change news articles seem completely unaware of how a huge chunk of our knowledge of paleoclimate actually comes from the oil and gas industries. One of the most crucial pieces of evidence is the series of hyperthermals from the last ~200Ma, where sharp CO2 spikes driven by rare exceptional volcanic events tie in very closely with sharp temperature spikes, sharp changes to weather patterns and anoxia and dieoffs in the oceans. In terms of timescale and quantity of emissions, they approximate an anthropogenic emissions scenario. But we only know about that stuff because of oil and gas exploration. Ironic, you might say... But it also blows out of the water the bullshit idea that climate change is some sort of ivory tower scam. Fucktonnes of our understanding comes from scientists working in oil and gas. What possible incentive could they have for pushing climate change?

Doubly it kills the activist idea that oil and gas is some kind of evil industry staffed by science deniers... Nothing could be further from the truth (except for Exxon perhaps lawl)

PS sorry for bringing up a serious topic lol

Edited by Tricone RC

basically he crushed me against a desk in my chair. with a normal person this may not be a big deal, but the guy's build like a brick shit house so it fucking hurt. i don't think he really meant to hurt me but he did (this is the only reason i didn't report it). but the guys been getting in my face ever since.

basically he crushed me against a desk in my chair. with a normal person this may not be a big deal, but the guy's build like a brick shit house so it fucking hurt. i don't think he really meant to hurt me but he did (this is the only reason i didn't report it). but the guys been getting in my face ever since.

But he did it on purpose, right?

But he did it on purpose, right?

yeah

Guest fiznuthian

jeb bush just wikileaked himself

http://jebbushemails.com/home

not really a first world problem, more like a first world confusion

So he just doxxed a load of people? His PAC I guess. People are already parsing it with crawlers and found loads of names, addresses, phone numbers, and even social security numbers. This is going to backfire so hard

My FWP: not enough new musics from Squee.

Hehehe, I've got something planned so it shouldn't be too long :)

EDIT: I just remembered I once uploaded this teaser on Youtube and never did anything with it, so here you go...

I just had a vocal session where every time the client stepped up to the mic to record, the signal would cut out either right away or after a few seconds.... [sic] After a few more tries of this, I go up to themic and sing some randomness. No matter how long I sing for, I cannot replicate the problem. Then he'll step up to the mic and immediately it will happen again....

I'm pretty sure I've figured out what the problem is. This particular singer expends a lot more air than normal when he sings. The problem can be replicated by blowing into the mic. For him, it consistently happens during harsh plosive sounds, regardless of volume. This leads me to believe the capsules on both my condenser mics need cleaning. The fact that it's a problem on both at around the same time is a bad coincidence. He and have done a lot of recording prior to this without incident. The far worse coincidence is the electrical fire in my board immediately after troubleshooting the mic. (We're using a completely different board now and getting the same problem.... no circuits burning just yet. He's renting a different mic, which should solve the problem until mine get cleaned.)

Good lord, please do more with it!

I will, I will... but I need to find a good singer... and they're fucking hard to find. Everyone sounds the same.

I just had a vocal session where every time the client stepped up to the mic to record, the signal would cut out either right away or after a few seconds.... [sic] After a few more tries of this, I go up to themic and sing some randomness. No matter how long I sing for, I cannot replicate the problem. Then he'll step up to the mic and immediately it will happen again....

I'm pretty sure I've figured out what the problem is. This particular singer expends a lot more air than normal when he sings. The problem can be replicated by blowing into the mic. For him, it consistently happens during harsh plosive sounds, regardless of volume. This leads me to believe the capsules on both my condenser mics need cleaning. The fact that it's a problem on both at around the same time is a bad coincidence. He and have done a lot of recording prior to this without incident. The far worse coincidence is the electrical fire in my board immediately after troubleshooting the mic. (We're using a completely different board now and getting the same problem.... no circuits burning just yet. He's renting a different mic, which should solve the problem until mine get cleaned.)

Man, that's weird. So harsh plosives sounds made the signal cut off?

Soooo following on from my last first world problem post my ex is moving out of my flat and taking a bunch of stuff with her so I need to buy a new sideboard/TV stand, washing machine, fridge freezer, bed, mattress, kitchen shit, whatever else. I'm pretty annoyed she is taking so much because I paid the rent and bills for the past 3/4 months with only a tiny contribution from her and have always paid the majority. Since she has agreed to leave I don't want to kick up any more shit and will let her get away with it but I'm still pretty fucking annoyed. At least I get to stay in the flat because neither of us want to leave it.

Just got a custom's charge of £12.99 for my new Silky Saw.
I'm trying to negotiate for the tariff to be repaid with the Japanese company I bought it from, but he speaks in horrifically broken English and I can hardly work out what he's saying.
If I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle I'd have just gone for the Bahco Laplander.

the monomachine I ordered (from a local store) in december still hasn't arrived yet.. I'm about to make the last payment on it but it'll suck to not walk out of the store with it, argh!