IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

damn, thought i found previews for a new album. yeah i guess it's amateur, but i was thinking about untitled 97, that kind of had an amateur sound, too, even though it's awesome. room, also. the videos are great, and i think the music is not bad, i like linpadual and noah in particular. one of those videos mentions rephlex in the description (first class to braindance). googling didn't clarify where these came from, i just found a twitter account with no followers or following and 1 tweet from 2011: "soon."

Edited by very honest

lol, the 'steinvordstadt' video is clearly just to piss off the watmm IDM-fanboys :watmm:

i hope so anyway, since the other tracks on that channel sound great

Steinenvorstadt is growing on me, i like the sound, it's like Rules the Read II meets Tuss but slower. it starts to get awesome and sound like AFX and SP more as the clip ends. Noah sounds like some great AFX. Synth Chatter seems to be an earlier segment of the Noah track, you can barely hear the Noah beat at the end of Synth Chatter. Teu seems like a complete ambient track, I could see it being AFX, especially with the video.

i listened to this today finally with headphones. blew my mind. sounds like aphex and squarepusher

i haven't read this thread, too long , i should have read it when it started, oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

steinenvorstadt has that awesome fishing-reel-sounding percussion that's in untitled 97 and maelstrom. it's a squarepusher technique.

the linpadual videos have search tags like yamaha, gx1, and jiddomatix.

i hope the linpadual videos aren't just scraps, i really want to hear longer tracks of steinenvorstadt and noah. :music:

Edited by very honest

So, let's asume he is really some random kid. He released these on myspace back in early 2008... how much unreleased music may he have? If he sounded like that back on early 08, means he has been doing music for years, which means he may have tons of great unreleased tracks we are missing.

This video is very awesome. The tune that accompanies it is also pretty cool.

I love how this track syncs perfectly with the video.

I wonder whose behind these linpadual tracks :shrug: Some lovely ambient stuff on their channel.

Edited by B1000

This video is very awesome. The tune that accompanies it is also pretty cool.

I love how this track syncs perfectly with the video.

I wonder whose behind these linpadual tracks :shrug: Some lovely ambient stuff on their channel.

it's me, I'm steinvord

Guest cult fiction

come on, It is Jodey Kendrick (+ friends and family?) all the way

Just listen to EDM A2.

I initially believed this as well after some of those Jidomatix videos were posted, but Steinvord was posted back in 2008 - was JK at that level of production back then? Hard to say what vintage all of his tracks are but the druqks-y stuff emerged much more recently.

Guest cult fiction

I think dblue is used frequently on this forum as a blanket term for any "effect collection" VST/AU, like Sugar Byte's Effectrix.

It sounds a lot like Steinvord was put together in a tracker.

Obviously whoever did some of the Jidomatix or Rob Kidley tracks is capable of being Steinvord. There is a good chance those are JK. The questionable part to me is, was JK making tracks that dense/complicated back in 2008? Feel free to tell us, Spunk Monkey :emotawesomepm9: .

I can't believe this is still being discussed. It seems so clear that it's either an Aphex/Pusher collab or Squarepusher alone that I don't know how it has ever been questioned.

It absolutely REEKS of squarepusher's techniques overall. I just don't get the speculation.