IGNORED

Steinvord Speculation

YELLOW

I think that from time to time, but aside from lyff acid, I don't really get that vibe anywhere else. The actual composition of the tracks don't feel as complete as either artist normally makes their stuff. Sometimes Steinvord makes fairly cheesy stuff. The tracks for the most part don't feel complete. Like there's a really awesome buildup, breakdown, but then it kind of devolves into nothing. Then the track will just switch completely. It weird but because of that the tracks feel like sweet demos half of the time. I still do listen of Steinvord a lot though.

I think that from time to time, but aside from lyff acid, I don't really get that vibe anywhere else. The actual composition of the tracks don't feel as complete as either artist normally makes their stuff. Sometimes Steinvord makes fairly cheesy stuff. The tracks for the most part don't feel complete. Like there's a really awesome buildup, breakdown, but then it kind of devolves into nothing. Then the track will just switch completely. It weird but because of that the tracks feel like sweet demos half of the time. I still do listen of Steinvord a lot though.

Yeh I'm with Brisbot on this....it all very superficially sounds like TJ or maybe RDJ but there's this missing can't-put-my-finger-on-it "magic" that only TJ has (had?!)... If it is them. they weren't stoned enough :)

Another thing is, the first two slow tracks are separated from the third fast track by a looping groove, so one has to lift the needle to listen to Iffy on side 1. So, with that in mind, I'd suppose that Iffy is a Tom track, and Backyard and Maelstrom are RDJ's, kept separate by this loop groove.

But, if those etchings are reversed on other peoples, this theory can be disregarded.

AFX was well into SP in the early 2000/1 he even said that he was his favorite artist at the time, he must have heard early versions of Go Plastic, imagine hearing that album back then, it's still fresh and unmatched today.

Still saying Cyg x-1 is a totally different style than Aphex or Squarepusher, so it doesn't really fit on the theory. Of course, some tracks have those magic moments that make my brain "click" as in "how he did that" or, "this was really cool". Like on the final part of IYFF Acid, the break and acids are programmed so good. But again, some of the tracks sound like no one else. The mixing, the treatment of the sound, mastering... it sounds different, not better or worse, just different, very talented but seems like someone else. Then again, the fact it was some 15 year old guy making these tracks back then really fucks with my mind, plus the whole absolutely no online presence whatsoever thing after years.

At this point I dont care, I just would like to get these digitally.

Edited by pissflaps

AFX was well into SP in the early 2000/1 he even said that he was his favorite artist at the time, he must have heard early versions of Go Plastic, imagine hearing that album back then, it's still fresh and unmatched today.

I'm sure I remember reading they were friends for a long while and would keep sending tracks to each other each time trying to outdo the others bpm or complexity of the drum programming.

Still saying Cyg x-1 is a totally different style than Aphex or Squarepusher, so it doesn't really fit on the theory.

Wut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOXqhIXmTGc

Wait, are you implying these tracks are anything alike? What is it like not having ears

You tell me, if you're still too deaf to hear the similarities there, go and speed up some Selection Sixteen to 190bpm, and tell me that's not basically the same guy. I can't believe you actually fell for that 15-year-old kid bit...

Still saying Cyg x-1 is a totally different style than Aphex or Squarepusher, so it doesn't really fit on the theory.

Wut?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOXqhIXmTGc

Wait, are you implying these tracks are anything alike? What is it like not having ears

You tell me, if you're still too deaf to hear the similarities there, go and speed up some Selection Sixteen to 190bpm, and tell me that's not basically the same guy. I can't believe you actually fell for that 15-year-old kid bit...

Dude im not saying the Steinvord tracks were produced by some 15 year old or not because I dont know that, im just saying district line 2 and Cyg x-1 are two totally different tracks and the only thing that you could say are the same is the fact they are of a similar genre and what not. I just dont get the direct comparation.