IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Finished Wet Hot American Summer: First Day; loved it and the making-of doc on Netflix.

Just found out Welcome To Sweden got cancelled.. :( Wasn't an amazing show but I enjoyed it.

Mr. Robot - Little gross twist ending there. (missed first few episodes, so don't know if it was established...twist for me I gather)

People have been guessing along the lines of the Mr Robot thing but I don't fully understand what it is exactly that's going on. Guess next one will clear things up a bit.

Just found out Welcome To Sweden got cancelled.. :( Wasn't an amazing show but I enjoyed it.

It was good but there's not enough material to keep it going, in my opinion, let alone the difficulty to get into it if you don't get the injokes (or can even bother to read subtitles) which probably is what killed it for the intl audience

Mr. Robot - Little gross twist ending there. (missed first few episodes, so don't know if it was established...twist for me I gather)

i found it interesting, but it really rips off dexter.

stopped watching this a few weeks ago but:

let me guess, christian slater is elliot's dad and is dead. also, i'm guessing at one point elliot is going to figure out he was adopted.

i found it interesting, but it really rips off dexter.

stopped watching this a few weeks ago but:

let me guess, christian slater is elliot's dad and is dead. also, i'm guessing at one point elliot is going to figure out he was adopted.

let me guess, christian slater is elliot's dad (Yes) and is dead (think so). also, i'm guessing at one point elliot is going to figure out he was adopted (not quite there yet).

But yea, the way they have been portrayed has been kinda easy trickery for the creators of the show to pull over on the audience. A weak version of the sixth sense when I think about it.If his dad is dead, which he probably is.

Edited by olo

But yea, the way they have been portrayed has been kinda easy trickery for the creators of the show to pull over on the audience. A weak version of the sixth sense when I think about it.If his dad is dead, which he probably is.

they had a scene where slater goes to elliot's office (evilcorp) and somehow sits @ his desk and nobody says a thing. that really gave it up. the scene where elliot was going through withdrawals from methadone was overkill. i'd be curious if the swedish fight-club storyline went anywhere. maybe elliot finds out he was his adopted brother or something?

question is, if Robot is dead, who the hell was the crew (and the Swede in the latest episode, in the limo) talking to?

I got a feeling its gonna go total fightclub. Mr. Robot is Elliot, his manifestation of his "hyper-feeling, extraverted" personality. That contradicts the Elliot we know as of now, the shy-impersonal, introverted twat. The other scenes with just Slater are done just to fuck with the audience & make it seem like an awesome twist...when really, it's done just sloppily. Like: Have Slater go visit his old comrade growing weed to make the audience think it's a real, separate person. When really, it should have been Elliot sticking the gun in his face. Another thing, Elliots aversion to the gun being given to him by his *ahem* sister would lend his alter ego "Mr. Robot" persona having no issues with violence. Who knows though, I've only seen a few episodes & missed the first few.

question is, if Robot is dead, who the hell was the crew (and the Swede in the latest episode, in the limo) talking to?

no idea as i haven't watched it since episode 4

This could be interesting, I'm surprised they have the budget to hire Bradley Cooper for the pilot, and possibly return appearances, as he appears to be this guy's supplier of NZT. It ties it to the movie nicely.

[youtubehd]QqMe6pwSfIE[/youtubehd]

3kcjEQP.jpg

i think this show is supposed to be a parody of riget, but adds elements of twilight zone and nightmare cafe (intentionally or unintentionally). it's pretty brilliant but i found it rather uneven (the interview/explanation scenes really feel like they interrupt the flow of the show) but lol nonetheless

especially episode two where madeleine causes cutlery and utensils to attack everyone haha

This could be interesting, I'm surprised they have the budget to hire Bradley Cooper for the pilot, and possibly return appearances, as he appears to be this guy's supplier of NZT. It ties it to the movie nicely.

[youtubehd]QqMe6pwSfIE[/youtubehd]

hilarious backstory to the movie Limitless, it was based on nootropic 'brain drugs' like modafinil and oxiracetam

I got a feeling its gonna go total fightclub. Mr. Robot is Elliot, his manifestation of his "hyper-feeling, extraverted" personality. That contradicts the Elliot we know as of now, the shy-impersonal, introverted twat. The other scenes with just Slater are done just to fuck with the audience & make it seem like an awesome twist...when really, it's done just sloppily. Like: Have Slater go visit his old comrade growing weed to make the audience think it's a real, separate person. When really, it should have been Elliot sticking the gun in his face. Another thing, Elliots aversion to the gun being given to him by his *ahem* sister would lend his alter ego "Mr. Robot" persona having no issues with violence. Who knows though, I've only seen a few episodes & missed the first few.

I don't get that feeling at all, Elliot got the death of a parent confused with his mother (who we've encountered once before during a flashback - possibly after a divorce). It's not done sloppily, you're just falling for the misdirection. Mr Robot is alive and well

3kcjEQP.jpg

i think this show is supposed to be a parody of riget, but adds elements of twilight zone and nightmare cafe (intentionally or unintentionally). it's pretty brilliant but i found it rather uneven (the interview/explanation scenes really feel like they interrupt the flow of the show) but lol nonetheless

especially episode two where madeleine causes cutlery and utensils to attack everyone haha

it is amzing, glad you found it. Now watch the armando iannucci shows (the greatest thing for a long fucking time). Look around you, if you haven't seen it before, get the pilot too, the second series is a less pure format, interupts the flow, but has it's moments. Then watch Brasseye, it is a daddy, a true mountain standing amongst pointless reject half arsed and interfered with lesser series.

humans really took a nosedive into bumhole in the last 2eps..

I just finished watching Humans and I couldn't agree more. Last 2 episodes were packed with lazy writing and the way it wrapped up was completely unbelievable in the realm of the story. I liked it when it focused on the day to day interactions of how humans and synths got along and the effect they have on humans, but the ordinary family saving the world crap was pretty stupid

^ amen. Also not thrilled that it's coming back, wasn't this originally a miniseries?

edit: WATMM, I haven't watched True Detective season 2 or Better Call Saul yet. Pick one for me.

Edited by doublename

Binged the first 4 eps of Mr. Robot last night. Great stuff. I'm hooked. I see why everyone's been raving about this show. I'm loving this trend of networks we'd otherwise totally write off busting out shows that put Hollywood to shame. (AMC - Breaking Bad, FX - Fargo, USA - Mr. Robot, Cinemax - The Knick) Such a debt of gratitude is owed to HBO & The Sopranos for changing the TV landscape. If you'd told me in 2000 that in 15 years movies would mostly cynical garbage and TV would be telling gripping novelistic stories I would not have believed you.

Anyone here into Rick and Morty?

Yes, it's amazing.

I haven't watched True Detective season 2 or Better Call Saul yet. Pick one for me.

Definitely watch both, but which you go with first depends on what mood you're in. Saul can be pretty lighthearted & entertaining with some good drama, while TDs2 is relentlessly oppressive and almost entirely devoid of levity.