IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Season 2 of The Knick starts in October. Really looking forward to it because the first season took me by surprise.

By the way, does anyone actually like American Horror Story? I've watched all of it so far and it's so bad. The acting is atrocious and the music... oh gawd!

The Knick is really something. Soderbergh + Martinez score + ridiculously gory 1900 medical practices = hell yea.

I saw about half of AHS season 3 (the witch coven) because my old roommate was all about that show, and it was fucking terrible.

I really wanted to like Deadwood. I should have started watching it with subtitles I guess.

The dialogue is overly stylized and awkward and it doesn't make up for the plodding vibes.

Thanks to whoever recommended Rectify, been binging on it the last couple weeks, nearly done with season two now. Great acting, great score, they make Georgia look like a beautiful place (much better without all the zombies), love the lethargic pace, like the fact the whodunit aspect has been relegated to the background. Some of the dialog gets a bit waffley at times, especially all the conversations with Daniel and Mrs Jesus-loves-you, and the prison flashbacks... but a minor quibble.

Edited by caze

wut? the dialog makes the show.

It wears out it's welcome pretty quickly. I don't like a single character and saying cocksucker 80 times an episode is just a tragically weird decision.

I'm not sure how people put it in the same league as The Sopranos and The Wire.

Edit: I like Doc Cochran and that's it

Edited by Candiru

Guest murphythecat8

Thanks to whoever recommended Rectify, been binging on it the last couple weeks, nearly done with season two now. Great acting, great score, they make Georgia look like a beautiful place (much better without all the zombies), love the lethargic pace, like the fact the whodunit aspect has been relegated to the background. Some of the dialog gets a bit waffley at times, especially all the conversations with Daniel and Mrs Jesus-loves-you, and the prison flashbacks... but a minor quibble.

definitely, rectify is my favorite active show and one of the most beautiful series Ive ever listened to!

Guest murphythecat8

wut? the dialog makes the show.

It wears out it's welcome pretty quickly. I don't like a single character and saying cocksucker 80 times an episode is just a tragically weird decision.

I'm not sure how people put it in the same league as The Sopranos and The Wire.

Edit: I like Doc Cochran and that's it

I have the same feeling. tried to like deadwood, but somehow couldnt. will try again. def not up par sopranos.

Guest bitroast

2 episodes into mr robot.

it's the kind of show where while watching i'm see-sawing back and forth between liking it and finding it overly simplistic and almost silly ??

but then after the episodes finished i'll have a rethink about what i just watched and it works alot better when thinking about it compared to watching it. something to do with how all the characters are represented as overly simplistic almost caricatures of what they're trying to represent ?? which is fine but also i found it kind of jarring against the overly stylistic realistic tone of the show. kind of reminds me of an overly simplistic, highly thematic comic book or book or something ..

either way, pretty sure i'm ultimately enjoying it and keen to watch more.. see where it goes.

the comic mention^ i dropped just earlier, it kind of reminds me of transmetroplitan or somethin.

Transmetropolitan_13_p21.jpg

You'll notice as it goes on and the episodes start to contain more scenes that aren't from Elliot's POV (scenes happening in which Elliot isn't present and there's no narration) that there's a distinct tonal shift. It'd be hard to explain why this is purposeful and actually well done without getting into spoilers, although it's pretty obvious from the jump though that he's not the most mentally sound individual.

Tonight's episode was A+ and that music choice in the arcade was perfect (and imo a sign of the show's creators acknowledging & respecting the audience's intelligence). I actually forgot all about Chekov's popcorn until seeing people mention it online later.

Edited by autopilot

Yeah, the latest episode of Mr. Robot was good and glad that the thing that has been hinted at finally got sorted. And the choice of music in the arcade was indeed fine and great acknowledgement of where the creator has taken their influence. And I am sure the popcorn machine will play a role in the finale.

That new the Walking Dead show starts tonight. I'm full of hope.

I've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately and that show is probably my new favorite animated show.

Oh and one last thing This post was made using dictation because I'm on the toilet.