IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

I've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately and that show is probably my new favorite animated show.

rick and morty is amazing, it has incredible staying power too. The last few adult swim shows I was into started great but then sort of petered out by not upping the ante enough or evolving, but Rick & Morty just keeps getting better.

I've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately and that show is probably my new favorite animated show.

rick and morty is amazing, it has incredible staying power too. The last few adult swim shows I was into started great but then sort of petered out by not upping the ante enough or evolving, but Rick & Morty just keeps getting better.

just came here to post about Rick & Morty. If all the Simpsons, Futuramas had to vanish for this to come out it was really 10 times worth it.

I noticed that The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack got put on Hulu, so I've been revisiting that good old show. I don't know how I forgot how god damn funny that show is. It's still surprising to me how much the writers of that show got away with. It's dark as hell for Cartoon Network.

Edited by drillkicker

just came here to post about Rick & Morty. If all the Simpsons, Futuramas had to vanish for this to come out it was really 10 times worth it.

agreed. It almost helps erase the 10+ years of 'adult' cartoons being built on a series of non sequitur jokes and 80s/90s pop culture references. While i was able to enjoy Aqua Teen and South Park from time to time, its just amazing how much a contrast a show Rick and Morty creates in terms of quality of writing

I noticed that The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack got put on Hulu, so I've been revisiting that good old show. I don't know how I forgot how god damn funny that show is. It's still surprising to me how much the writers of that show got away with. It's dark as hell for Cartoon Network.

Man, that old guy who looks like a kid cracks me up every single time.

dNzn2Kq.jpg

started watching this and so far, only made it just a little over half way in episode 1. it's a little boring (maybe i'm not in the right frame of mind). but i'd rather they just get on with it instead of what is currently, a guy with bandages over his eyes talking into a tape recorder about how the triffids came about. there is one really interesting discussion amongst two scientists about how the plants could be communication with one another- but then we go into this bureaucratic talk betwix two business guys about how much money they're making from the sap of the plants.

so yeah- too much talk and not enough play. i might give it another try, though reluctantly

F80.gif

F80.gif

Flapjack is the best. I don't know how it got away with being so good and still not being the most successful show on Cartoon Network. It's infinitely better than most of the shit that passes for television.

The West Wing while I work sometimes. Good dialogue and it's eerie how the exact same issues they talk about have had almost no progress made on them today. Health care, gay rights, and some marijuana prohibition are the only ones that come to mind as having been improved upon since then.

Show Me a Hero on HBO. Oscar Isaac is currently my favorite actor.

dNzn2Kq.jpg

started watching this and so far, only made it just a little over half way in episode 1. it's a little boring (maybe i'm not in the right frame of mind). but i'd rather they just get on with it instead of what is currently, a guy with bandages over his eyes talking into a tape recorder about how the triffids came about. there is one really interesting discussion amongst two scientists about how the plants could be communication with one another- but then we go into this bureaucratic talk betwix two business guys about how much money they're making from the sap of the plants.

so yeah- too much talk and not enough play. i might give it another try, though reluctantly

def a product of its time......its dated BBC sci-fi = zero budget, wobbly props & walking lilies trying to french snog every cunt

^^^ i don't mind the zero budget. the show is just too slow and talky. i really like the beginning- sets it up like children of the stones- then it's a wall of dialogue before you even see the plastic venus fly trap type plants wobbling around before you're hit with another wall of dialogue.

aye it kinda bridged age groups at the time

have you seen the original BBC version of Dennis Potter's Pennies From Heaven or the superior The Singing Detective?

much better conceived personal & pvt universes, dripping with layered strangeness & atmosphere.....always gives me the fear when i see "The Forest of Dean" signposted along border-country lanes late at night

Penny Dreadful season 2 - I really enjoyed this one, their recombinant mythology coalesced much better this time. loved seeing the Monster head to the arctic like in the book, and his vengeance upon the waxworks owners was sweet. what will happen to Vanessa now that she's abandoned god, they've all split up which will raise the budget costs, but it's already been renewed for season 3, so I'm betting a lot more green screen work is ahead. looking froward to next year.

Mr Robot - awesome but not too sure about the direction the plot has taken, feels like a "madness ex machina" or something. Someone in this thread said he had the impression the show had begun broadcasting before the ending was written. It does feels a bit like it to me too. Hopefully it will turn out great. Acting is spot-on and so is the filming. Very good show altogether.

Peaky Blinders - watched the whole first season two days, just begun season 2. Bloody great.

Better Call Saul - didn't expect a spin-off to be that good. It could even be great without Breaking Bad having ever existed, so that's pretty awesome.

Can't wait for The Knick to come back too !

Edited by Perezvon

aye it kinda bridged age groups at the time

have you seen the original BBC version of Dennis Potter's Pennies From Heaven or the superior The Singing Detective?

haven't seen those. i've heard of the singing detective but never watched an episode. i have some other shows in the same vein though, including the sandbaggers & c.a.t.s. eyes with leslie ash before she blew a beehive and married lee chapman. i've also been meaning to check out raven but always end up getting distracted. have you seen any of those?

barely managing to watch "show me a hero", the topic is interesting to me and isaac is indeed very good but shit direction, those huge, poorly thought out jumps in time which leave holes in the story, and those pointless concurrent storylines about poor minorities that everyone's seen 50 times already bring the whole thing down.

Edited by eugene