IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

Caption for this one "when you finish that series you're watching"...

that's going to be my reaction when narcos ends. in fact, every episode that ends i'm left like this:

ziqAYag.gif

Mr Robot spoiler:

What do people think about the Russian spy angle, obv that's a whole rubbish cliched plot line waiting to happen but does anyone want to hazard a guess at how it might play out?

Guest bitroast

Started on season 1 silicon valley again. Couldn't remember what i got up to last time or much of the plot/characters. Turns out i gave up on ep3 (that side joke part where the boss guy asks for burger king and then comes up with some farfetched long winded conclusion relating to sesame seeds is still just soooo long and slow and unrewarding as joke imo). This show (this season at least) has a lot of that, where jokes just fall flat. But the show keeps momentum and kind of just plows through all that anyway.

My appreciation for the show increased heaps once i stopped perceiving it as live action satire of tech world and once i started scrinting my eyes a little and pretending its more of a cartoon that just happens to be live action. The show is just sooooo dumb but funny.

The second season is much better, there were plenty of laughs from the ridiculousness of the characters and other bits of more obvious satire, but the writing wasn't great. Now they've figured out how to craft a joke and develop a story.

I definitely watched season 1 out of plot curiosity and not because it was particularly funny. No real laugh out loud moments until the last 2 eps when they're at that convention. Season 2 had way more, way better jokes. The whole thing still seems to be that awkward cringe style of comedy like British Office, which isn't really my cup of tea, but at this point I like the supporting characters enough to keep watching.

@fenton re: Mr. Robot

I have no idea what the "Russian spy angle" is... care to elaborate?"

I've actually heard great things about Blunt Talk. Been meaning to check it but it doesn't pop up in the EZTV new addition feed so I keep forgetting.

Just started watching Sense8. Intriguing so far. 1 episode deep not enough to assess plot quality but Wachowski stylishness is there in full force.

Season 3 of Fringe and the JJ Abrams is starting to show. I guess his stuff is a guilty pleasure for me, it pushes my buttons. But I'm kind of out of the honeymoon phase with this series and some cool shit needs to happen.

If I could figure out how to watch Mr. Robot I'd probably switch to that.

I really enjoyed Silicon Valley. I like Mike Judge in general though. I like to watch it and imagine that's what it really is like down there. As far as shows about computers go, though, I liked Halt and Catch Fire a lot more.

Couple people told me to watch "Narcos" but I am really not into watching multiple shows at once. Although following multiple plots can give you a sometimes nice sort of cubist perspective.

Looking forward to more Better Call Saul and Z Nation...

And yes, fucking Walking Dead, ugh.

No love for Blunt Talk? I love when a dramatic actor does comedy, and Shakesperian trained Brits can do it all. Hoping Ian McKellen shows up, I would lose my shit.

http://youtu.be/miYYipdtLs4

Haha, holy shit, gotta figure out how to watch this one.
You won't be disappointed, and they're only on episode 3

Oh yeah, she/they are obviously shady as fuck but yeah, it was Swedish.

Just started watching the show - 3 episodes in - and loving it.

He's speaking Swedish, she's speaking Danish.

Just finished the 6th episode of Sense8. It's really, really good. It's got the best of Wachowski style & philosophies and the production quality is stellar. Plot is engaging, all the characters are believable & well acted. Highly recommended!