IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

its crazy how homely david cross used to look and he like turned into a like painfully single arrested development (not the show, but the phrase) looking hipster trying to get laid really hard later in his life

He was dating Amber Tamblyn for a while.

they're married

its crazy how homely david cross used to look and he like turned into a like painfully single arrested development (not the show, but the phrase) looking hipster trying to get laid really hard later in his life

they're married

Talk about trying too hard to get laid!

they're married

Talk about trying too hard to get laid!

lol i knew he was married which makes it even weirder that he looks like an old guy trying to get laid who hangs out in a shitty record store in williamsburg all the time

But that video of him when he was younger he was playing characters in a show..I'm betting he looked like a hipster/thespian on his own time anyway.

about to watch This Is England 90, but you know with any Shane Meadows production the dark shadows will look back at you at various times and coming off so many meds might be the wrong time for the weight of whats coming

Need to see that but gotta finish '88 first.

I am rather fond of Meadows' work. Dead Man's Shoes = stellar. Paddy C is a top actor too

about to watch This Is England 90, but you know with any Shane Meadows production the dark shadows will look back at you at various times and coming off so many meds might be the wrong time for the weight of whats coming

was challenging as some bbc3 kinda shiz

a lot of shows my gf and I watch return this week:

Gotham

Big Bang Theory

Last Man on Earth

Heroes Reborn

she wants to give Supergirl a shot, but damn I'm gonna need some alcohol in me

Limitless

then SNL premiere

yeah we're nerds.

Finished watching The Knick. Very enjoyable. Good cinematography, good acting and the choice to use an electronic soundtrack for a period drama was a good one. Cliff Martinez is one of my favourite soundtrack composers, his soundtracks always stand out for me in a good way. Although having a drug-addled brilliant doctor is somewhat of a cliché (I know that Thack is partly inspired by an actual coke addicted medical pioneer), it can be forgiven as it somehow works in the setting of the show.

Edited by azatoth

we're gonna have to agree to disagree here..... Meadows is 1 of Britain's best film/program makers, bar none. Yeah he's a bit Ken Loach at times, but i'd take his realism over the aspirational wank of 99% of other tv content every time

he gets the the right blend of humour/jokes and darkness spot on and as an ex resident of Nottingham you gotta champion local talent. BBC3 is possibly the worst insult you coulda thrown.....which is a tad unjustified, cos its the complete opposite of that reality-TV gone wrong shiiiiiiiite

plus i'm coming off a range of pain meds which is where the real intricacies and unsettling reality reference was to

BBC3.......? Honestly?

Finished watching The Knick. Very enjoyable. Good cinematography, good acting and the choice to use an electronic soundtrack for a period drama was a good one. Cliff Martinez is one of my favourite soundtrack composers, his soundtracks always stand out for me in a good way. Although having a drug-addled brilliant doctor is somewhat of a cliché (I know that Thack is partly inspired by an actual coke addicted medical pioneer), it can be forgiven as it somehow works in the setting of the show.

Yeah i just finished episode three, totally enjoying it now. Also just realized tonight that Martinez did the score. Wish work wasn't keeping so busy so I could marathon it. Well an episode a night is actually a pretty decent pace.

we're gonna have to agree to disagree here..... Meadows is 1 of Britain's best film/program makers, bar none. Yeah he's a bit Ken Loach at times, but i'd take his realism over the aspirational wank of 99% of other tv content every time

he gets the the right blend of humour/jokes and darkness spot on and as an ex resident of Nottingham you gotta champion local talent. BBC3 is possibly the worst insult you coulda thrown.....which is a tad unjustified, cos its the complete opposite of that reality-TV gone wrong shiiiiiiiite

plus i'm coming off a range of pain meds which is where the real intricacies and unsettling reality reference was to

BBC3.......? Honestly?

tyrannosaur was a bleak masterpiece.

finished watching rick stein's trek from Venice to Istanbul, good foodieness. will be trying to do more greek and turkish dishes now.

Met Rick Stein on numerous occasions when I was working in Cornwall. He's a bit of a wanker.

Limitless - if you enjoyed the movie, this was pretty good, we enjoyed it. Eddie Mora (Bradley Cooper) is now a Senator, 2 years later, and this other hipster guy is a musical reject from the 2000s, who is now "self releasing" his "project" on bandcamp in his 30s, I think we can relate. anyway, Cooper is basically his dealer, and one of hipster's buds introduces him to NZT, and he goes thru the same process Cooper did in the movie, but needs a steady supplier. then Dexter's sister comes in and is the cliche FBI agent chasing him down. we'll see where it goes, but there's not a lot on US television these days that keeps my attention, so I'm willing to give it a chance.