IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

how much CIA drug running stuff is there in narcos? its fun that finally the idea that CIA trafficked cocaine on a mass scale is no longer some bat shit conspiracy theory but now mainstream accepted truth. Kill the Messenger movie probably opened the door a bit.

Edited by John Ehrlichman

how much CIA drug running stuff is there in narcos? its fun that finally the idea that CIA trafficked cocaine on a mass scale is no longer some bat shit conspiracy theory but now mainstream accepted truth. Kill the Messenger movie probably opened the door a bit.

not much, they may have hinted at something wrt Noreaga, but I think it was only that they let him do his thing as long as he was fighting commies rather actually helping with the trafficking (can't remember exactly). one of the narcos in it was an ex-CIA agent though.

Did anyone get to see the Walt Disney documentary on PBS this week? I missed it, but as a native Floridian I find it fascinating to analyze the man's life as a whole, not the whitewashed bullshit of that Mary Poppins biopic with Tom Hanks. This addresses his anti-Semitism, his irrational fears of communism (and subsequent cooperation with the McCarthy Hearings), his brutal work ethics that turned his whole animation department on strike against him. I'm wondering if they address his hardcore addiction to cigarettes that killed him, or his invitation to have Nazi filmmakers visit his backlot in the 1930s, his vast vision for the EPCOT project? (which is a separate film in itself worth watching he sent to the Florida Governor's office for consideration) He used multiple dummy corporations to purchase up all the land in the Orlando/Kissimmee area for dirt cheap, and gained almost God-like autonomy over the region, in some peoples' opinion, ruining the water table as a result. I can't find it online yet, but hopefully it will appear soon.

[youtubehd]ARreGLEoiOo[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]sLCHg9mUBag[/youtubehd]

edit: ah, found it. for those interested PM me and I'll give you the episode title.

yeah, i watched about 20-30 minutes of that last night. walt comes off as paranoid about communist, but at the same time he uses the hysteria to his advantage by accusing more successful animators as being reds. real dickhead. i re-watched fantasia recently, but forgot how good the animation was on the other original disney movies. bambi and pinocchio look especially awesome.

edit:just finished i claudius. going to start mr. robot tonight.

Edited by Kilgore Trout

walt comes off as paranoid about communist, but at the same time he uses the hysteria to his advantage by accusing more successful animators as being reds. real dickhead.

some of the most successful capitalists of their time took advantage of the same climate that Walt did, anyone involved in any major industry who wasn't fully blown patriotic flag waving could be easily labeled as being sympathetic to communism or being an actual communist.

South Park Season 19 Premiere: Stunning & Brave.

rather enjoyed it.

whip & nae,nae / 10

Bastard Executioner Premiere:

Braveheart meets George R.R. Martin, they screw, Braveheart gets pregnant & has a baby, George R.R. Martin puts a sailors cap on it...

they then leave it on F/X's doorstep / 10

Watched Episode 1 of The Knick.

Wasn't really on board until:

the nurse injects Thack's cock with "mr. parker"

Anyways looks like it'll be a pretty interesting watch.

Keep at it, a few episodes in you'll be hooked. The medically accurate gore is ridiculous and the score is incredible.

Good to hear. And yeah the score, soundtrack and incidental stuff is all gorgeous.

i kinda lost track toward the end of Mr Robot but thats the pain meds......... inventive, rare hub of ideas, have to rewatch

that Scandi wife = unspeakable things

always watch Dad's Army when its on, noticed recently, about turn 180, autumnal air and no matter how crap n dated it is its funny

Mr. Show returns!

[youtubehd]rNizRJ2jKdg[/youtubehd]

I'm worried this will be terrible, that sketch show that Odenkirk was involved with recently was awful. Mr Show was the best though.

its crazy how homely david cross used to look and he like turned into a like painfully single arrested development (not the show, but the phrase) looking hipster trying to get laid really hard later in his life

Edited by John Ehrlichman

the new season of the american review is absolutely fucking hilarious. it always irritates me that americans remake literally everything funny, as if they are utterly loathe to hear the accent of any human being from anywhere else in the world. but this one has really hit the mark.

I only realised the other day that it was a remake after listening to an interview on that Paul F Tompkins youtube thing, what's the original like?

Andy Daly is brilliant though, his stuff on Comedy Bang Bang is great. His Pilot Podcast Project thing was good too.

the original australian one is great too, but it doesnt roll with the ongoing thematic life story that the forest macniall one trundles through. seriously the ''being in a cult'' episode(american) had me nearly in tears with laughter. the original myles barlow one is seriously funny, and the whole style and humour of the show is being appropriated without american audiences even knowing its a rip-off. but i kind of dont care because the yank one is so good.

its crazy how homely david cross used to look and he like turned into a like painfully single arrested development (not the show, but the phrase) looking hipster trying to get laid really hard later in his life

He was dating Amber Tamblyn for a while.