IGNORED

NHK'Koyxeи - Dance Classics Vol.I

Tauhid

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

fuck yes. been listening to so much Kouhei Matsunaga lately. amazing, awesome stuff.

the soundcloud page says 2011. how do i get this??

These two volumes will probably be the only things I'll ever enjoy on the PAN label.

Nah :happy: PAN is offering a large scale on styles and genres and they are all very nicely executed (the artwork is just :w00t:)

I have the heatsick, rudolf eb.er and joseph hammer LP and I'm very happy to have them. They are quiet expensive too but worth the money.

Anyway it's depending on your background what you like from them. If you are looking for more rhythm-oriented stuff then you are a bit wrong at PAN.

These two volumes will probably be the only things I'll ever enjoy on the PAN label.

Nah :happy: PAN is offering a large scale on styles and genres and they are all very nicely executed (the artwork is just :w00t:)

I have the heatsick, rudolf eb.er and joseph hammer LP and I'm very happy to have them. They are quiet expensive too but worth the money.

Anyway it's depending on your background what you like from them. If you are looking for more rhythm-oriented stuff then you are a bit wrong at PAN.

I'm familiar enough with their releases and what they're about. I don't want to derail the thread, but it seems like the majority of the material is pretentious sound art. I'm all for experimentation, and I don't need my "music" to have a set structure to it, but I think some people are a little too open minded. For example, I don't understand how people are down with whatever Eli Keszler does. The way the sounds were conceived is potentially interesting, but I can't respect anything that's free noise. It's pretty much nothing. Agreed on the artwork though.

I'm familiar enough with their releases and what they're about. I don't want to derail the thread, but it seems like the majority of the material is pretentious sound art. I'm all for experimentation, and I don't need my "music" to have a set structure to it, but I think some people are a little too open minded. For example, I don't understand how people are down with whatever Eli Keszler does. The way the sounds were conceived is potentially interesting, but I can't respect anything that's free noise. It's pretty much nothing. Agreed on the artwork though.

Hmm, sound art…… well I can see your point. The first releases (except the Orthmann LP) are really noise-related or at least experiments in extreme sounds. The mentioned Rudolf Eb.er LP can really be classified as sound art (summing up one hour of sounds while the performers eat at a microphoned table). I think the problem is that most people need the visuals. Extremely the Eli Keszler piece you mentioned is sparse without seeing the installation in action. Your right a soundtrack can be nice to stand alone but sometimes the pictures are missing.

PAN is even not accepting demos. It seems to me at last that they are not interested into things that are just in style but more in a friendship based context. Kouligas would not take artists on his label he do not know personally. Maybe this is a explanation for what he release so far.

Is this the tracks thats coming out on the split EP with SND?

I like it.

It's from his first solo album for the label.

Cool, only saw LP in subheading now.

That spilt with SND is coming out on PAN too though, right?

Man this is so sweet.

the idea of a label not accepting demos seems kind of dumb to me. It seems that it means the label owner has made the assumption that he/she knows of everything out there that they would possibly want to release. I just find it odd and cloistering, even from a sound art music labels perspective, im not even talking about for the artists who might want to send demos in.

Especially in experimental music and sound art, one would assume that some of the freshest and most exciting concepts and ideas can come from unsigned musicians.

the idea of a label not accepting demos seems kind of dumb to me. It seems that it means the label owner has made the assumption that he/she knows of everything out there that they would possibly want to release. I just find it odd and cloistering, even from a sound art music labels perspective, im not even talking about for the artists who might want to send demos in.

Especially in experimental music and sound art, one would assume that some of the freshest and most exciting concepts and ideas can come from unsigned musicians.

Your absolutely right- fresh music can also be outside the big names. I like it when label are pushing well-known names as less known as well. It's more of a fresh mixture and not the same every label do.

I have to speak for my own label which is also not accepting demos. Not because there isn't great music outside (that would be ignorant) but I don't have the money to spend a lot for vinyl pressings with all the music I got offered. But I try to give unsigned artists a home when I see them live and their music catch my senses. That is often very funny when they went backstage and later they get an offer for a split-7inch out of the blue.

I was also asking PAN for a way to send them something (with a record I would have gladly sended as a present) but Mr. Kouligas even never answered my mail :sad: I often have artists asking for an release and I take the time to write back and listen to the demos. I think as an artist AND label owner you should be aware that you already started the same- sending demos and have hope somebody even listened to it before saying no.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived