IGNORED

Clark - Iradelphic

Guest bitroast

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, please don't PM anymore with requests to share bonus tracks. I know it might seem like I'm being a right cunt about it but if you want the tracks, buy the album and help support the artist.

Regards

I'm obviously in the minority here, Ghosted is one of my favourite tracks. Takes me back to VTC-era Bibio, and the vocal mantra at the end is the best thing he's done aurally, for me anyway.

Guest ruiagnelo

only a 13 page thread?!

album clearly sucks

not all artists can be held in as high regard as Skrillex.

:cisfor:

holy shit his iradelphic live set kicks ass! lots of the more danceable stff + lots of live mangling improvising, very fun. yesterday he played stuff from totems, throttle promoter and i think even that track from the split with bibio but more improvised.

(i think he played max 1 iradelphic bit, which is odd because it's actually "sold" as an iradelphic set)

if you have the change, go see him. it's impressive.

holy shit his iradelphic live set kicks ass! lots of the more danceable stff + lots of live mangling improvising, very fun. yesterday he played stuff from totems, throttle promoter and i think even that track from the split with bibio but more improvised.

(i think he played max 1 iradelphic bit, which is odd because it's actually "sold" as an iradelphic set)

if you have the change, go see him. it's impressive.

really you think so?

here's my opinion on his Iradelphic launch in London

Well, in the beginning it was a bit like unreleased tracks from Body Riddle... nice natural percussion. Then Clark went into a weird dubstep thing, which shocked me a bit to be honest. Clark goes Skrillex came to my mind :sad:Then he used some snippets from Turning Dragon and did some nice hardcore techno. I was very happy I didn't hear anything from Iradelphic, though sometimes there was guitar, like this track in the end of his Phrenic mix.

But after all: Clark is more a producer than a performer. Nathan Fake was playing before and he communicated way more with the audience and in my opinion did a proper live set, while Clark had a shit load of stuff on stage but didn't really use it. Some transitions were really bad, but after seeing Clark "live" for the 8th time or so, I knew that would happen.

Still, it was an amazing venue and an amazing night, but for me Nathan Fake was doing the best.

• 1 month later...

i'm so indecisive with this album.

butttttttttt, black stone must be the worst "emotional" interlude track I've ever heard. I think it might be the first one of those "tracks you always skip" for me. takes the entire album down every time, making me keep a bad memory of Iradelphic (which is sad!)..

I simply cringe each time the piano chords switch, is anyone here having that as well? it's sounds really first grade emotional piano play, naive to say the least (making Clark really vulnerable as an artist I respect).. (think I've actually already ranted about this in another topic without having much reaction..)

come on listen to Avril14th, Tommib or Denizlispor.. now those are interludes!

all in all I like the first half of the album the most, still unsure about everything after Ghosted.. :)

'tooth moves' is really beautiful trac i think

yep, its the only track standing out for me as well. "com touch" is a nice way to get there, but the fat solo in "tooth moves" is killing me everytime. Reminds me a lot of Pink Floyd and my early stoned music days :emotawesomepm9:

and vincentvc, you are not alone, don't worry. all these interludes are really somewhat awkward for clark. it's such a shame, because he already has proven he has a genius feeling for melodies. but i noticed this in all his recent remixes and stuff, there is some lack of originality there. ambient parts don't happen for a good reason and they are flat and boring instead of clark's typicial ambient madness, where everything is shifting and alive. and maan, it really gets on my nerves when clark himself talks about iradelphic in that pretentious way. if he would said something like this about his earlier lps, i would be happy, but to over-analyse his most boring and uninspired lp is really weird for me. even if you would replace all the singing and guitar with cool synths, iradelphic would be his weakest output by far! maybe that's where the cash thing comes into play, as someones mentioned in the other thread.

Archived