IGNORED

New Album called "Ufabulum"

Guest teetime

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to hear more than 14 seconds of it first, but go ahead.

I figure it's pretty clear we all want to listen to more than 14 seconds of it.

What I mean is...

what are our expectations? should we bother having any?

I have this feeling deep inside like if I have any expectations I'll be let down. What with his whole... never using the amen break again thing..

I haven't really been excited by a new Squarepusher album since Hard Normal Daddy came out. But there's something about this record that sounds like it might be pretty awesome. Plus I very much like that light helmet/mask thingy for some reason.

I expect this to be album to be totally awesome and any less will be a disappointment.

Partial Album Tracklist:

Dark Steering (6:51)

Drax 2 (7:22)

4001 (6:35)

Yes! Decent track length! :squarepusher_logo:

source plz

I figure squarepusher.net, but it has so much traffic right now I can't actually go on it. Says it's down due to congestion..

About reading the rules and noobs and all: I also got through this but I took it as fun and necessary. I kinda like it, that you're supposed to feel awkward in the beginning, because watmm is a special place. And then, when you're in and "get it" you feel more excepted because you passed the test. It's a test.

the test of truth

:rtfm:

Yes, you're right, I'm off to read them as I speak!

Partial Album Tracklist:

source plz

I figure squarepusher.net, but it has so much traffic right now I can't actually go on it. Says it's down due to congestion..

Probably updating it, or the servers went belly up.

well then i have no reason to believe you. ah well.

true. Ill believe it when I see it. Still, the track names seem legit considering the direction he said he was going.

Oh well, I'll wait for the official info =D

Partial Album Tracklist:

source plz

Probably updating it, or the servers went belly up.

I accessed the website, it worked, but nothing new - just this squarepusher logo at the bottom left... :shrug:

Guys.... watch out for his latest Japan gig....

In 1997 it was a massive Hard Normal Daddy/Big Loada fest.... then in 2001 he hit the Fuji festival with Go Plastic noise terror.... THEN in 2004 he absolutely nailed them with the Ultravisitor tour. You cannot get more aggressive/melodic than those three gigs.

In Boston 2004 he fucking wipe the crowd off the planet with his Venus 17/Ultravisitor set too and then finally he fucked us all up with his Sheffield 2009 Archive set...

Squarepusher, you have a LOT to live up to. Bring it.

I started listening ten years ago.

Burningn'n Tree was the first record I bought (and still love to this very day), but the Do You Know Squarepusher 12" was the first new release I bought.

I thought the LP by the same title was great!

Mutilation Colony amazed me.

ultravisitor was even better; it really confused me.

I went to two of his performances, one in 2003 (before the LP came out) and 2004 (when I first heard Venus No. 17).

The Venus No. 17 12" is his most realised work, in my opinion, and Hello Everything his strongest and most varied album.

When I met him at Wang in London in 2007, I asked him to come back to perform in the States.

Just A Souvenir had it's moments, and I really enjoyed Numbers Lucent, as well as Solo Electric Bass 1, but I passed on d'Demonstrator.

It just wasn't my thing.

I don't consider it a true Squarepusher release, since he is not the only musician on it.

The Squarepusher I think I know of is one person, and will remain so.

I hope the rest of the new one sounds different than that 14 second clip.

The idea of him releasing an album of sounds like dubstep saddens me.

If he does, I suppose I'll just go back into hiding, in my own little Zoviet France world...

I hope the rest of the new one sounds different than that 14 second clip.

The idea of him releasing an album of sounds like dubstep saddens me.

the year everything sounds like dubstep

Dearest Bewarethefriendreefoir,

I thought I'd offer you a bit of criticism:

Your tunes are terrible.

Give it up.

To begin with, you haven't got your own sound.

You're failing.

But...

Will you be my friend here?

I've been looking to get in early on a fledgeling "dreamer of dreams", so I can administrate a site like this one day.

What do you say?

Archived