IGNORED

Rare AFX Blog

Guest aeioux

While I first thought- ohhh no not ANOTHER aphex twin blog, this is pretty fantastic. Nice infos on some rare things.

I'm really digging this supposed Afx remix that isn't properly released or mentioned anywhere else on the internet LMAO

**links removed

I'm also enjoying this supposed Mike and Rich tune that sounds fairly reasonable as well lol

**Links removed

forgot that's against the rules here, don't want to get banned for posting potentially leaked Afx tunes.

check the unreleased tracks/remixes page on the blog ;)

very nice find this wee website!

Edited by Macca

Gabbro Rod Fix was indeed made around that time, and was played at a live show.

to be clear... around which time? 1992 or HAB era?

1992 - it was a show where Paul Nicholson (dancer/designer of the Aphex Twin logo and font) performed as well... I can't recall off the top of my head the name of the show at the moment, though.

1992 - it was a show where Paul Nicholson (dancer/designer of the Aphex Twin logo and font) performed as well... I can't recall off the top of my head the name of the show at the moment, though.

That's incredible! That track is WAY ahead of its time....

Thanks for the info

And "Gabbro Rod Fix" is not an official name, either.

Oh, yeah I never thought of that. Speaking of I'm going to go listen to some 4-Lom...

This one is also new to me, I'm very curious:

Talking in Sams Car (5,59) (source TBC)

DAT recording made by Richard of his friends in Sams’ car (Saman-Tha?). Includes some audio trickery.

Nice site, very comprehensive, hope it expands as much as possible. Speaking of unofficial names Joyrex, do you know anything about Martin Trezzider/Martin Tressider as a Universal Indicator alias? Supposedly it's some Cornish pirate reference? I've seen it crop up here and there.

Guest narkeworld

This was apart of, I think, the playlist at the Aphex 97 US tour. I think the track is from 95 and after but I could be wrong, it sounds too drill n' bassy to me. He he didn't release much jungle stuff until the Ventolin ep which had some quasi-jungle stuff in it. Like I said i could be wrong but it just doesn't sound like 92 Aphex to me.???

Edited by narkeworld

Guest narkeworld

OK this makes me interested, what's the real track title? I had an Aphex 97 US tour playlist compilation some years ago. That Gabbro or whatever it's called just seemed to fi into that 97 playlist quite well, again I could be wrong and sorry if I am but...???:)

Edited by narkeworld

Oh, yeah I never thought of that. Speaking of I'm going to go listen to some 4-Lom...

This one is also new to me, I'm very curious:

Talking in Sams Car (5,59) (source TBC)

DAT recording made by Richard of his friends in Sams’ car (Saman-Tha?). Includes some audio trickery.

Nice site, very comprehensive, hope it expands as much as possible. Speaking of unofficial names Joyrex, do you know anything about Martin Trezzider/Martin Tressider as a Universal Indicator alias? Supposedly it's some Cornish pirate reference? I've seen it crop up here and there.

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Universal+Indicator

Discogs is a very useful site.

Also what the fuck is drill and bass?

This was apart of, I think, the playlist at the Aphex 97 US tour. I think the track is from 95 and after but I could be wrong, it sounds too drill n' bassy to me. He he didn't release much jungle stuff until the Ventolin ep which had some quasi-jungle stuff in it. Like I said i could be wrong but it just doesn't sound like 92 Aphex to me.???

Yeah, that's a pretty advanced breakbeatfuckery that would be totally out of time in 92, no?

pretty sure this is very wrong

Edited by LUDD