IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

Those fries look solid. The burger bun looks like it'll cut your palate open

the bun was quite soft actually, but not so soft that it fell apart. burger was nice, just a supermarket one, but from some cut called the Picanha, which is a Brazilian cut apparently, I usually just make them myself from some mince.

spuds were Roosters, the best all purpose potato going, an Irish variety that you can get in the UK now as well. turned out a bit soggy though, need to change the oil I think, also only cooked them once, usually do them twice but was lazy last night. when I have the time I tripple cook them for the best results: 

Edited by caze

Those fries look solid. The burger bun looks like it'll cut your palate open

the bun was quite soft actually, but not so soft that it fell apart. burger was nice, just a supermarket one, but from some cut called the Picanha, which is a Brazilian cut apparently, I usually just make them myself from some mince.

spuds were Roosters, the best all purpose potato going, an Irish variety that you can get in the UK now as well. turned out a bit soggy though, need to change the oil I think, also only cooked them once, usually do them twice but was lazy last night. when I have the time I tripple cook them for the best results: 

Oh shit, you made it yourself!? Damn, boy.

Have you ever tried cooking your french freies sous vide-style before frying them?

Have you ever tried cooking your french freies sous vide-style before frying them?

That's pretty similar to the triple cook method I guess, I don't have a sous vide setup though.

the long bun was their attempt at a chicago hot dog. it was ok, but not really close. the fries were amazing and the burger was deece. plus they serve beer and wine...

yea that was good too. i liked it better than in-n-out for sure but i wouldn't wait on a huge line for it. not sure i get the obsession with either of those places. i'd take Habit Burger over both of them in a second.

Had this beauty on Saturday at a local place called Sweet Pea's that's right down the street from my place:

• Beer Cheese Lucy

Stuffed with our creamy, house-made beer cheese sauce, featuring Grain Belt Premium, and served on a pretzel bun. Topped with bacon, bistro sauce, haystack onions, and a slice of habanero jack

It was fucking glorious....

For those that don't know, a "Jucy Lucy" is a burger with cheese stuffed in the middle that gets all melty and delicious when cooked right, it was invented here in Minnesota, although which restaurant did it first is a hot debate around here... Either way there's a few places around here that do it damn well and go beyond the basic Lucy these days, regardless of wether or not they're the originators.

Edited by ghOsty

yeah it is ^  ive been having mad burger cravings lately, but i keep settling with non-burger places on my lunch breaks cuz theyr'e closer. need to get myself something epic like some of the ones in this thread. 

Last night I had a triple chilli beef burger in a grilled pitta bread filled with houmous & rocket. Slice of Montagnolo melted on top of the burger and two slices of bacon fried with the burger on the griddle chucked in too.

I didn't even think to take a picture, that bastard went straight in my belly.

The diet is going well, thanks for asking.

yea that was good too. i liked it better than in-n-out for sure but i wouldn't wait on a huge line for it. not sure i get the obsession with either of those places. i'd take Habit Burger over both of them in a second.

yeah i hear you.. like in n out is always reliably hot and fresh and has a clean pure character in the burger and fries, but to me the taste is just okay. the flavor is kinda bland and mediocre. nothing to go crazy over, ill sometimes get a rare in n out craving though. i agree its overrated. 

Edited by Lane Visitor