IGNORED

Funny Pictures Part 2

Joyrex

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just

^Those are pretty funny and/or cute.

That mile/kilometer one is infuriating to me. I remember my wife telling me about her brother had an elementary school teacher that hated him and all of the other smart and even remotely anti-authoriatarian kids in class. The teacher broke rules often particularly she used to make personal phone calls in class on her cellphone (which is against school regulations). Once, she missed an important call from the principal via the PA system because she was in the classroom's closet making a personal call. When he told the principal she was doing this over the PA, she was so irate at him for getting her in trouble that she tried getting him prescribed ADHD medication to make him more passive in her class. If his parents hadn't made an appeal to the school against the medication, there's a good chance the school would of started administering it.

It's a bit scary thinking how much power teachers can yield. The standard of their professionalism (and qualifications) vary so much in this country.

what? Do schools have the right to administer medicine in the states? If so, that is completely fucked up.

I was wondering the same thing, asked my so who told me it´s bs. They can´t do that without the parents consent..

Speaking of schools administering medicine, just happened to see they recently passed a federal law where schools are mandated to have epi-pens at hand in case of severe allergic reactions and can be administered without a prescription. Usually it was up to the parent to to supply the epi-pen to the school if their kid had severe allergies and only if it was their own prescription.

Sorry, super overstatement on my part. Parents have to sign-off. But one overzealous teacher + ignorant parents = yikes. It seems school districts for the most part have become better about not over-prescribing ADD and ADHD meds, but 10 years ago it was a bigger problem.

They just

^Those are pretty funny and/or cute.

That mile/kilometer one is infuriating to me. I remember my wife telling me about her brother had an elementary school teacher that hated him and all of the other smart and even remotely anti-authoriatarian kids in class. The teacher broke rules often particularly she used to make personal phone calls in class on her cellphone (which is against school regulations). Once, she missed an important call from the principal via the PA system because she was in the classroom's closet making a personal call. When he told the principal she was doing this over the PA, she was so irate at him for getting her in trouble that she tried getting him prescribed ADHD medication to make him more passive in her class. If his parents hadn't made an appeal to the school against the medication, there's a good chance the school would of started administering it.

It's a bit scary thinking how much power teachers can yield. The standard of their professionalism (and qualifications) vary so much in this country.

what? Do schools have the right to administer medicine in the states? If so, that is completely fucked up.

I was wondering the same thing, asked my so who told me it´s bs. They can´t do that without the parents consent..

Speaking of schools administering medicine, just happened to see they recently passed a federal law where schools are mandated to have epi-pens at hand in case of severe allergic reactions and can be administered without a prescription. Usually it was up to the parent to to supply the epi-pen to the school if their kid had severe allergies and only if it was their own prescription.

the epi-pen thing is probably a good idea, to be honest. kids these days will go straight to anaphylaxis if someone six towns over opens a bag of peanuts.

As an apology, let's stare at the greatest Merzbow album cover ever:

41yULdbKwbL.jpg

That's great.

I booked Merzbow to play a small festival me a few other people work on. He's a very shy, calm guy who adores animals and nature. When we showed him his hotel room and asked if it was OK, he walked in and looked out the window which was next to a fairly busy street. He turned around and said 'Too noisy.' Our minds were blown. We got him a room next to the river and he was happy. He was taking walks by himself and taking pictures of 'chickens' (pheasants), squirrels and dandelions. Super chill guy with a big heart, so to me this cover is very indicative of him.

I booked Merzbow to play a small festival me a few other people work on. He's a very shy, calm guy who adores animals and nature. When we showed him his hotel room and asked if it was OK, he walked in and looked out the window which was next to a fairly busy street. He turned around and said 'Too noisy.' Our minds were blown. We got him a room next to the river and he was happy. He was taking walks by himself and taking pictures of 'chickens' (pheasants), squirrels and dandelions. Super chill guy with a big heart, so to me this cover is very indicative of him.

That's a great story. I knew about his veganism and interest in other creative activities (photography, writing) but never got a grasp on his persona. That's cool that such a notoriously provocative musician is a nice, mellow person.

That's a great story. I knew about his veganism and interest in other creative activities (photography, writing) but never got a grasp on his persona. That's cool that such a notoriously provocative musician is a nice, mellow person.

Yeah. I didn't know what to expect. His english isn't great, but we were able to talk about a few things. I brought him to the best vegetarian restaurant in the city (there aren't many), and there were a few awkward silences where he clearly seemed nervous because of the communication gap. But then he asked me if I liked anime and it loosened him up enough have a few laughs about Ranma 1/2. I asked him what he was into musically at the time and he said 'deathcore' (in the quietest low voice) but I thought he said 'disco'. I had that in my head most of the day thinking 'disco??' to realize what he actually said later on. He had tofu cream cannolis and a carrot ginger soup if you were curious.

Sorry to sidetrack the funny pics thread.

Archived