IGNORED

Atom TM - Servant of the People [Woke Series}

10 hours ago, dr lopez said:

yes this is the biggest issue with doing that sort of stuff. not worth it.

however, best way forward is to just never apologize. don't double down either; just move on.

oh god he's replying to everyone... NOOOOO

NGL that Dale Cornish person seems like an insufferable twat, but Uwe should have taken your advice. Never go into Twitter battle unless you’re fully unemployed. 

Doing a release like this and not going on twitter to mix it up with people would be like buying records when you don't even have a record player. Like what, you're not even gonna use that thing?

Also, if getting cancelled means "people post the full provided context of something you've done and then people ask what's up with it", I would love to be cancelled. People should be puzzling over the things I've done but they won't because I refuse to use edgy language (don't wanna get in trouble)

• Like 1

On 3/9/2024 at 4:55 AM, th555 said:

Pretty nice so far. Lot of stuff on that bandcamp, if anyone has some other recommendations I'm all ears.

Datacide I + II and Ondas (worth it just for Stereo Kiss)

Mu - Masters of Psychedelic Ambiance

All the Senor Coconut stuff but especially Yellow Fever and Around the World

Anything with Pete Namlook

Most of the Lisa Carbon Trio stuff. 

and if you want straight banging techno, all the Live albums he did with Tobias.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Mu - Masters of Psychedelic Ambiance

Ohh, I have those, no idea it was the same guy. Thanks for the list ^^

13 hours ago, chenGOD said:

his use of stereo in this era (~94-95) is very unique. in addition to Ondas, albums like Silver Sound, Semiacoustic Nature, and BASS have really cool stereo production, sometimes with such different things happening in each side of stereo you can listen to the channels independent from each other (the BASS album is the best example of this) . if this is not to your liking he did an entire album in mono in 96 lol.

he has such an insanely creative catalogue. 

Edited by Alcofribas
  • Like 4

On 3/11/2024 at 3:31 AM, Alcofribas said:

his use of stereo in this era (~94-95) is very unique. in addition to Ondas, albums like Silver Sound, Semiacoustic Nature, and BASS have really cool stereo production, sometimes with such different things happening in each side of stereo you can listen to the channels independent from each other (the BASS album is the best example of this) . if this is not to your liking he did an entire album in mono in 96 lol.

he has such an insanely creative catalogue. 

Yeah listening to some of that on headphones can produce interesting effects on a person, the stereo imaging is intense.

mono is king, all my homies love mono.

On 3/10/2024 at 11:40 PM, th555 said:

Ohh, I have those, no idea it was the same guy. Thanks for the list ^^

It's Schmidt and Tetsu Inoue, but yeah. His list of aliases on discogs is rather extensive, and his catalogue is huge, which makes sense since he's basically been releasing records at a frantic pace since like 92. Just dig in to the discography, it's never dull.

• Like 1

Hey you guys remember the beginning of Aphex's "Milkman" and how someone used their Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to clear it up? Like: "Shit, I'd better not press too hard with my fucking 2 inch hard cock" and all that filth? Well if you listen behind all the war shit, I'm pretty sure the same thing is going on in this track. It wouldn't be as clear/isolated in this case but someone should decode it to make sure it's not "Mein Kampf" on audiobook or something. 

10 hours ago, xxx said:

Hey you guys remember the beginning of Aphex's "Milkman" and how someone used their Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to clear it up? Like: "Shit, I'd better not press too hard with my fucking 2 inch hard cock" and all that filth? Well if you listen behind all the war shit, I'm pretty sure the same thing is going on in this track. It wouldn't be as clear/isolated in this case but someone should decode it to make sure it's not "Mein Kampf" on audiobook or something. 

that would be "funny"

What is this for real tho? I press play on war cacophony with an MSPaint dog whistle collage for a cover and first blush is: which one is he--"remove kebab" or "137 countries"? Or it's 4D satire that I've totally missed? 

i'm pretty sure we're over-thinking this release, which i imagine is part of the point he's making. i mean, this is the same guy who made an album called "music is better than pussy" with a nude chick on the cover with speakers covering her breasts and crotch and a microphone between her legs.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

i'm pretty sure we're over-thinking this release, which i imagine is part of the point he's making. i mean, this is the same guy who made an album called "music is better than pussy" with a nude chick on the cover with speakers covering her breasts and crotch and a microphone between her legs.

I wish there had been a thread on that one. Not one time have titties gotten me likened to Varg 😅

Edited by xxx

43 minutes ago, xxx said:

I wish there had been a thread on that on. Not one time have titties gotten me likened to Varg 😅

You’ve wolfed out to the album art, that’s all that matters 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, xxx said:

I wish there had been a thread on that one. Not one time have titties gotten me likened to Varg 😅

ftr that meme was about me not anyone else

*wolfs away*

Edited by dr lopez