IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Alright, trip down memory lane for me. In the 90's there was this game that you got for free when you returned batteries in correctly, ironically the game was about a battery robot that has to escape a factory to not be drained and destroyed, meanwhile the player has to maintain and recharge his battery. Haven't played the game since '98, but I finally remembered the title, Battery Check. It was only available in the Netherlands, and was produced on the Jazz Jackrabbit 2 engine. The reason I wanted to share this is mainly because of the soundtrack, which is so IDM. Actually, the whole recycle story and the storyline of the game are so IDM to my ears.

http://youtu.be/YOMw2Vxpiw4

http://youtu.be/9bf_nJ7POeQ

http://youtu.be/gv0drICP7C0

In any case it's ridiculously nostalgic for me.

Edited by Herr Jan

Alternating between UFO: Enemy Unknown and the first F.E.A.R. game right now. Never played the latter until last week, but I think I'm close to the end now. The special Slow-Mo ability is pretty cool, and definitely comes in handy during firefights.

Guest trananhhung

Just finished Rage. Terrible ending.

I was saving BFG rounds the entire last level (had like 60 rounds) for what I could imagine was going to be a big ugly monster, but no. No boss fight, no resolution, no ending. You just click on green panels, things happen and the game ends. Amazing title until the last 30 minutes. What were they thinking? And please play it on the higher difficulties. I played on normal and made a mistake. Cakewalk.

I'm playing WoW again. I have a ilvl 521 Undead Rogue and just got an Orc Warrior to 90 and am at ilvl 471. Lots of fun to be had. Screw the WoW haters, I'm having fun.

Just finished Rage. Terrible ending.

I was saving BFG rounds the entire last level (had like 60 rounds) for what I could imagine was going to be a big ugly monster, but no. No boss fight, no resolution, no ending. You just click on green panels, things happen and the game ends. Amazing title until the last 30 minutes. What were they thinking? And please play it on the higher difficulties. I played on normal and made a mistake. Cakewalk.

Yeah the ending of RAGE was a huge letdown. Seems like Id Software broke with their tradition of concluding their games with an epic boss fight on this one.

It does imply the possibility of a sequel tho.

Guest trananhhung

I don't think the sequel will happen. The game was quickly silenced by the press and Bethesda. Or maybe they can tie the narrative with Doom 4! :cisfor:

Guest Gravity

Sepaking of id, Quakecon starts today. Too bad they'll never show Doom 4.

Edited by Gravity

REAAAAAAAALLY tempted to buy a wii u just to play pikmin 3 : /

Well, hopefully there'd be more reason (like Wind Waker HD) than just Pikmin 3 to buy a flailing console...

Guest Sprigg

Alternating between UFO: Enemy Unknown and the first F.E.A.R. game right now. Never played the latter until last week, but I think I'm close to the end now. The special Slow-Mo ability is pretty cool, and definitely comes in handy during firefights.

I really enjoyed FEAR. Good balance of creepy and action, and the slow-mo was really fun. Especially with a shotgun.

Guest trananhhung

Started replaying Demon's Souls for the 6th time. I still think it's WAY better then Dark Souls, and Dark Souls was a fantastic game.

Enemy and level design is way beyond Dark Souls, and the graphics are just better. Dark Souls felt more experimental and free, while Demon's Souls has this attention to detail and overall quality control that makes it a masterpiece. One of the best.

And the online still works much better.

I'm totally sold on Dungeons of Dredmor. I recently saw it added to some indie bundle I bought some time ago and gave it a try. As of now, I've bought the two expansions.

It's the best rougelike I've seen so far - like a pretty looking nethack that is really tough, but not unforgiving to the point that it seems to enjoy pissing all over your food poisoned corpse. It's also very funny.

Yeah I see that the new RotT is out now. I have reservations about buying it tho, since I have a slightly dated computer. I remember playing the original 1994 RotT as well. Seems like the new one is more so developed based on multiplayer thinking than on single player.

I completed F.E.A.R. yesterday for the first time, and then started F.E.A.R. Extraction Point, which immediately follows it. Might give Perseus Mandate a go after I finish that one.

I also downloaded and installed the Black Mesa mod for HL2, but I think I'll try that one later on. I should start working on making tunes again though, haven't done so since May.

Edited by ambermonk

Does anyone have any release-date news on Fract OSC beyond just "hopefully it'll be released in 2013"? I've been excited to play this thing since I first saw data post about it ages ago... and until just now couldn't remember the name :P