IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest Frankie5fingers

Nintendo just announced Hyrule Warriors = Dynasty Warriors x Zelda

Hmm

just saw that. as a huge fan of Dynasty Warriors this is really a bad idea. It looks like crap.

the Nintendo Direct today killed it!

Hyrule Warriors

Bravely Deafult Sequel

Wii Sports Club Golf (online)

Pokemon Bank (with free Celebi)

Kirby in Mario Kart 8

NES Remix

Dr Luigi

Rosalina in Smash Bros

when their back is against the wall, sometime they bring it.

I know my friend beat this in ..i don't know a few days. I'm still at it with Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Taking a while getting 100 percent and reading through the things that are going on in the storyline. Right now I'm at 60 percent. On vacation for 2 weeks so I'll be able to knock that out of the way soon.

Actually finishing the PSP "must-play" catalog... Reeaaally liked the device but it seems portable console industry is dead these days with the arrival of stuff like ipods, iphones etc. FF7 Crisis Core was cool, re-playing FF7 on a handheld consoles was ace.

Currently playing Hotline Miami, Faster Than Light andCS:Go on PC.

Maybe i'll buy a 3DS later...

There's a shitload of cheap ass DS games on amazon, I think I spent maybe $20 on these:

Gunpey (sealed)

Thor (sealed)

Kirby Canvas Curse

FF Crystal Chronicles

Bangai-O Spirits

Gunpey is an excellent puzzle game - I'd say the PSP version is the definitive version though.

Actually finishing the PSP "must-play" catalog... Reeaaally liked the device but it seems portable console industry is dead these days with the arrival of stuff like ipods, iphones etc. FF7 Crisis Core was cool, re-playing FF7 on a handheld consoles was ace.

Currently playing Hotline Miami, Faster Than Light andCS:Go on PC.

Maybe i'll buy a 3DS later...

Have you hacked your PSP? I should dig out my old PSP 2000 and fire it up again... so many great games for it.

UMD loading times are soooo huge i had to dump each game to go faster...

But yes I did, but I own several UMDs... I restarted playing PSP when my internet connexion was down this summer, so conventional way was the only one.

Btw its cool to emulate GBA ont the PSP too.

Edited by msalami

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Started Last of us yesterday. gah sneaking....i hate MGS. and I feel like I have played this game before, its a mix of resident evil, dead space, drakes fortune. is there anything new here except some emotional depth? because that might not make it worth it for me.

p.s SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

i have played this more now and do enjoy it more. it isn't just sneaking place to place as I feared. I like the world they created. kind of a shame it isn't open world as the most fun is exploring the abondoned houses and shiv'ing clippers

haha, I have the same worry. She's the only voice actor that didn't work for me in the first installment, I found it really jarring. If I have to listen to that voice all through season two I don't know if I can cope.

Okay, so they definitely got a girl to actually do the voice of Clementine this time around. And it's pretty good, actually.

You know what else is good? The Walking Dead Season 2, Episode 1. I guess they decided to up the nastiness from day one because you go through some brutal shit during the first hour of gameplay. It's good. It's really good.

Oh, and the animations and facial animations are better than the ones in the season 1.

Hmm they're very jittery and robotic for me. Face expressions are good but not very dynamic or subtle. A lot of the camera work is jumpy as well. It's strange how a game which is composed out of many mediocre components manages to be so engaging.

Guest disparaissant

grabbed europa universalis iv on sale for 10 bux.

aw yeah.

gonna get the ck2 save converter so i can continue my game where i am utterly dominated almost all of western europe. RULE PAGAN BRITANNIA!

I'm kind of going on a low-end indie game binge here, but fuck it. Started playing SteamWorld Dig last night, which was released only about two weeks ago, and enjoying it so far. Fans of Metroid will like this one I think. Plenty of mining and exploring to be done throughout. You can collect various minerals and gems and return to the hub town to sell them for cash and then buy stuff with said cash. You can also acquire special power-ups and abilities in certain areas, much like those sitting Chozo statues holding those mysterious balls in the Metroid games.

I also found a Half-Life Easter egg which is actually a satire regarding the release of HL3. I tried taking a screenshot of it in-game, but ended up not being able to paste it in my paint program. Maybe I waited too long or something. Oh well.

Guest jasondonervan

Bravely Default on 3DS is so charming, I'm hooked. It brings back the old Super Famicom/early Playstation RPG-era memories for me. It's not bogged down in overly complex battle mechanics but the brave/default decision tree is fresh in its simplicity. The crossover job system where skills can be easily handed between jobs mixes things up nicely. I'd been waiting years for it to come out in Europe - I've got a Japanese 3DS, but it's way too text-heavy a game to enjoy at my level of Japanese reading - and it hasn't disapponted at all.

It also helps that it has a beautiful art style:

4f752cfc_Bravely-Default-Screenshot-8.jp

50372e8f_Bravely-Default-Screenshot-1.jp

did anyone try sir, you are being hunted?

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a procedurally-generated British horror in which tweed-wearing robots hunt you for sport. Roam the landscape, scavenge for food, hide breathlessly in the undergrowth, flee in terror, and even fight back with stolen weapons.

really awesome so far.

Guest Pennywise

did anyone try sir, you are being hunted?

Sir, You Are Being Hunted is a procedurally-generated British horror in which tweed-wearing robots hunt you for sport. Roam the landscape, scavenge for food, hide breathlessly in the undergrowth, flee in terror, and even fight back with stolen weapons.

really awesome so far.

There's a few minecrafty, survival, open world games out there I want to play. All of them are all released in a super unfinished mode.

Sir , you are being hunted

Starbound

Dayz

project zomboid

Rust ( dont know a lot about this one )

These type of games are on the up, I'm just waiting for one that's finished and fun to play

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

minecraft finally came out on the PS3/PSN. So this weekend is now sorted. Played last night for 5 hours. So far it is caveman-sims+lego

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Metro: Last Light

What I've played of this game so far has been pretty damn amazing. Miles better than the original, which I din't like at all.

Only complain I have is that most the voice acting is pretty mediocre and some of the sound design/mixing is not that great. But when you consider the budget this game had, it seems like quite the achievement, that the game is this good.

Edited by Ceerial

I was too young in the DOOM era and thus never played any. I wanna play DOOM 2 now; I started playing it with doomsday engine or however's it called, but there were way to many technical options for me; I'm playing chocolate doom now, which is the closest thing to the original there is supossedly (it certainly looks like shit). The first 10 levels have been fun

Wii U hi capacity battery now in stock at Nintendo Store, that is some bullshit though, an additional $32 plus S&H to get decent life out of the controller.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=211708&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=69716&ddkey=http%3ASetCurrencyPreference

Wii U hi capacity battery now in stock at Nintendo Store, that is some bullshit though, an additional $32 plus S&H to get decent life out of the controller.

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=211708&currency=USD&catalogId=10001&tranId=0&lastAction=setCurr&storeId=10001&languageId=-1&categoryId=69716&ddkey=http%3ASetCurrencyPreference

Is there any kind of power connector to the Wii U controller or does it only run on batteries?