IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

That's more of Nintendo milking their franchises - they don't have the resources to do it, so they farm it out to a third party. They've been doing it for years - the Game Boy Zelda games (Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages) were done by Init Creates and Capcom.

I think the success (or otherwise) of the Pokemon Card game on iOS will hopefully open their eyes to finally consider developing for other platforms.

That's more of Nintendo milking their franchises - they don't have the resources to do it, so they farm it out to a third party. They've been doing it for years - the Game Boy Zelda games (Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages) were done by Init Creates and Capcom.

I think the success (or otherwise) of the Pokemon Card game on iOS will hopefully open their eyes to finally consider developing for other platforms.

Agreed. They do seem to pick odd Japanese genres to do mashups:

Pokemon Conquest - Pokemon x Nobunaga's Ambition

Shin Megami Tensen x Fire Emblem

Zelda x Dynasty Warriors

Pokemon x Tekken

Obviously these are successful franchises in Asia, we'll see how they sell here...

Guest bitroast

Mario Kart 8 DLC!!
16 new courses. Kind of drooling. Mario Kart 8 nailed the art of revamping retro courses.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/wii-u-ddc/the-legend-of-zelda-x-mario-kart-8-aoc-pack-digital-download/10991121.html

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Wario’s Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 - Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

•3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
•4 Vehicles
•8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 - Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

•3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
•4 Vehicles
•8 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

^nice! I wish the characters weren't so shit though, the original roster is already pretty lame (no dry bones, boo etc.)

MkDS was the shit

Guest bitroast

^nice! I wish the characters weren't so shit though, the original roster is already pretty lame (no dry bones, boo etc.)

MkDS was the shit

lol yeah. and then baby Mario, baby luigi. baby peach, metal mario.

plus there's no battle courses (not that I really care about battle but obviously a few people do).

it seems as though they had their priorities in making polished and with heaps of great courses (which is a good thing!) and ... cut a few corners on battle and character roster : )

Guest bitroast

recently got Castlevania : Double Pack for the GBA.

have played and loved the DS ones. finally playing these ones for the first time. Harmony Of Dissonance is pretty great so far. it feels a lot more rooted in oldschool castlevania and the levelling up/RPG elements of the great are a bit underplayed, which is fine! the game makes you rely on dodging and darting around and speeding up your reflexes. it's also fun playing in such a bog standard Dracula castle setting again ^-^

MkDS was the shit

plus there's no battle courses (not that I really care about battle but obviously a few people do).

it seems as though they had their priorities in making polished and with heaps of great courses (which is a good thing!) and ... cut a few corners on battle and character roster : )

this is Nintendo 2015, few 1st party titles mean much more DLC on a regular basis for pretty much any title they can to make up lost revenue. This next year will decide Iwata's fate.

Guest bitroast

MkDS was the shit

this is Nintendo 2015, few 1st party titles mean much more DLC on a regular basis for pretty much any title they can to make up lost revenue. This next year will decide Iwata's fate.

Maybe Iwata should resign just to the role of hosting the Iwata Asks. It's the only time I actually have a clear sense of what Iwata actually does (because it has his name clearly labelled next to his questions)

That's right! (laughs)

Everyone: (laughs)

UFO: Enemy Unknown thru Open XCOM.

Too many times I've played it and left it unfinished, granted I've beaten it three times in my lifetime.

Currently in June of 1999, having already taken out three alien bases within one week. As a result, I was able to rake in over $18M by selling off surplus alien artefacts, having started the month with less than one mil. Talk about rags to riches.

But now some smartass Ethereals decided it was a good idea to invade the capitol of the Philippines. Time to give those telepathic hoodlums a piece of my mind.

EDIT: I'm sick of the god damn aliens ambushing my soldiers the very moment they step out of the Skyranger. Fuck this.

Oh well. Not like anyone's paying attention to this anyway.

Edited by ambermonk

ive loved so many games with shitty reviews and hated so many with amazing ones that i tend to just get whats cheap and try all sorts of things.

currently replaying borderlands 2, on the pc instead of the xbox, and with a gtx770. its made the game about 25 times more fun, there are occasional bits of the game that are actually breathtakingly good-looking.

Edited by messiaen

i just bought call of duty black ops 2 for wii u and i'm playing it and the disc is constantly spinning and thinking. a bit noisey i think. is it normal?

Yes it will spin constantly unless playing a game off the HD. Did your game disc update the new DLC?

Dark Souls II DLC #2 is out - brutally hard! Really like the new enemies (even though they were hiding on the original game disc all along). Haven't found a boss yet, and barely managed to find two bonfires so far.

super mario cats for wii u with the missus. seems okay so far but not loving it as much as i thought i would. the camera/perspective seem really weird to me and it generally seems to stay zoomed out too far for a 3d game but my vision is also getting pretty shitty lately

super mario cats for wii u with the missus. seems okay so far but not loving it as much as i thought i would. the camera/perspective seem really weird to me and it generally seems to stay zoomed out too far for a 3d game but my vision is also getting pretty shitty lately

LOL @ "Super Mario Cats" - that should have been the name instead of Super Mario 3D World Wii U.

The game is very long and very satisfying - especially if you are a completist when it comes to these kind of games.

Made the mistake of buying Game Dev Tycoon, thought it was going to be one of those short games you play once in a while but ended spending 30+ hours on it trying to crack the game.
Worths the money if you ask me :p

ive loved so many games with shitty reviews and hated so many with amazing ones that i tend to just get whats cheap and try all sorts of things.

currently replaying borderlands 2, on the pc instead of the xbox, and with a gtx770. its made the game about 25 times more fun, there are occasional bits of the game that are actually breathtakingly good-looking.

That's how I've felt about Bioshock Infinite. The critics just oo'ed and aww'ed over it, but to me the gameplay was mediocre at best, despite the pristine graphix. It just doesn't have the replay value of several games that came before it.

As far as the Borderlands series, I pre-ordered BL: The Pre-Sequel about a week ago. It'll get released around the same time I get my next laptop.

I was skeptical of the BL series at first, as it didn't make a whole lot of sense to me plot-wise, but then soon realized how addictive it became. Plus it doesn't take itself too seriously to begin with.

i just bought call of duty black ops 2 for wii u and i'm playing it and the disc is constantly spinning and thinking. a bit noisey i think. is it normal?

Yes it will spin constantly unless playing a game off the HD. Did your game disc update the new DLC?

i'm not sure, it did do an update when i first put it in.

how can i make sure i get it? and how?

LOL @ "Super Mario Cats" - that should have been the name instead of Super Mario 3D World Wii U.

The game is very long and very satisfying - especially if you are a completist when it comes to these kind of games.

rad. we just got the wii u about a month ago and blazed through 100%ing nsmbu together. if it's at least as long as that i'll be satisfied although so far it's seemed pretty easy and we burned through the first two worlds pretty quickly

i'm not sure, it did do an update when i first put it in.

how can i make sure i get it? and how?

If it says preparing update you're good. Check for Nuketown in your DLC, if it's there you're complete.

Mercedes Mario Kart 8 DLC out today in N America, 3 new karts incl. a classic Mercedes racing model

rad. we just got the wii u about a month ago and blazed through 100%ing nsmbu together. if it's at least as long as that i'll be satisfied although so far it's seemed pretty easy and we burned through the first two worlds pretty quickly

I'd say it's longer... the most annoying thing is completing it with all 5 characters... yes, there is a hidden character. Won't spoil it if you don't already know.