IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

started shadow of the colossus for the 1st time in years,had to adjust the controls a bit but it,s actually better than i remember,gorgeous too(hd remake)

also slowly earning money in elite dangerous,this is gonna be one of them games that just eats up your free time,so immersive/massive

Guest jasondonervan

Broke down and bought Diablo III for PS4... FUN! Never knew how much fun Diablo was!

Welcome to the club! :beer:

iI4a04xEGivKc.JPG

I've put a fair amount of time on the PC version, and I was apprehensive about how it would fare playing on a controller, but Blizzard have done a great job - the UI is clean and easily readable from the sofa, and it runs at a fine tick - no stuttering. The equipping wheel is a little fussy but not a deal breaker.

started shadow of the colossus for the 1st time in years,had to adjust the controls a bit but it,s actually better than i remember,gorgeous too(hd remake)

also slowly earning money in elite dangerous,this is gonna be one of them games that just eats up your free time,so immersive/massive

I had the HD too and it is gorgeous but I feel that, without the unintentional slowdown the ps2 version had, some of the gravity + denseness the boss battles used to have is lost. Still a fantastic game though.

Broke down and bought Diablo III for PS4... FUN! Never knew how much fun Diablo was!

iI4a04xEGivKc.JPG

I've put a fair amount of time on the PC version, and I was apprehensive about how it would fare playing on a controller, but Blizzard have done a great job - the UI is clean and easily readable from the sofa, and it runs at a fine tick - no stuttering. The equipping wheel is a little fussy but not a deal breaker.

you also have a massively higher higher chance of getting good gear dropped. i rattled through inferno only dying about 15 times after finding two bits of the 'tal rasha' wizards green gear or something.

Managed to come across a ltd edition copy of wind waker for gamecube which came with oot and oot master quest on a second disk. Dusted off my housemate's gamecube and getting comfortable for revisiting epicness in this rainy weather. Perfect

happy dungeoning!

Guest Pennywise

Yeh been playng a bit of Skyrim too. I should do a replay with a different character but I love using the bow too much. Not overly keen on magic, potions and swords.

Both Borderlands 2 & Dishonored are free on Steam this weekend. You could easily power thru Dishonored before time runs out even though the game is better enjoyed more slow & methodical. I'm cramming as much B2 time in as I can during this free weekend and enjoying the hell out of it. Definitely has that addictive factor that a good MMO or Diablolike has, but actually fun combat instead of just watching screen maths.

Yeh been playng a bit of Skyrim too. I should do a replay with a different character but I love using the bow too much. Not overly keen on magic, potions and swords.

I'm an archery twat too. but I recently got into conjuration. summoning those sexy flame atronachs is fun.

edit: I'm killing smithing and enchantment too at the moment, mainly out of OCD tendencies.

Edited by usagi

i think my wish is futile as this mechanic is too ingrained in most of those kinds of games but i really hope that they will remove the "fast travel" thing and design a game (whether new fallout or elder scrolls) so the actual exploration will not be a repetitive chore forcing you to use fast travel, so that traveling in dangerous terrains will have a meaning. instant teleport to explored location really kills the immersion in those games and the games themselves are kind built around it. having vehicles would actually solve this nicely.

^ well, there are horses in Skyrim (although your follower still has to foot it after you, kind of annoying). and fast traveling is optional. but I'm glad it's there, I don't want to trudge all the way back home after completing some quest eons away. but yes, it does take away something from the immersion and wanting to explore the world. there ought to be some way - besides random encounters - to make it more interesting and less repetitive.

I'm sure I tweak the game more than I play it but .... so pwetty !

Bvzi5nPIUAAkWbS.png

Though my CPU/GPU now hates me.

it really is so good-looking. I've got all the settings maxed out and I'm always stopping and taking in the scenery when I'm out in the wilderness. I completed the Eldergleam sap quest last night and when I got inside the sanctuary and saw the big old tree itself I spent a good minute just staring at it. plus climbing mountains in the midst of snowstorms is amazing.

I played 100+ hrs of FO3 just prior to this and while it still looks pretty good, going from comparatively low-res textures of that to this is still blowing my mind a bit.

Playing skyrim makes me think about how awesome the next fallout game will be. I fucking hope so anyway

same! it makes me wish FO4 was here right now. the mechanics are so much more refined, I hope they carry over to FO4 with even more additional improvements from the interim.

I have to say though I'm welcoming the break from the Fallout universe. after The Pitt I kind of needed to step away a bit (I'm still annoyed about not being able to resolve that properly - there's no way to free the damn slaves, that's all I wanted to do). I'll probably never truly tire of exploring post-apocalyptic ruins and all the horrors contained therein, but the natural medieval beauty of the Skyrim world is a breath of fresh air.

iI4a04xEGivKc.JPG

Cool. I'm ashamed to say I put about 400hrs into the pc version before I was forced to start over with xbox. Never thought I would like the controls but I love it. Really looking forward to my ps4, I'd be glad to give you my ps4 info once I'm up and playing if anyone wants to co-op. Also looking forward to the new content included with console ROS.

Looking forward to Velocity 2X next week on PS4. The developer seems to have confidence in it, he thinks it will be a contender for Game of the Year. We shall see! Looks fun.

Jumped back to Dark Souls to try to make some more progress through the game, finally made it through Sen's Fortress :yeah: (fuck you, you stupid swinging axes and fuck you too giants) and made it to Anor Londo... This game has beaten the shit out of me more than any other game I've played (and I don't think I'm very good at this game in general) but god damn if it isn't rewarding when you finally do make progress... Praise the motherfuckin' Sun

Edited by ghOsty

dark souls 2 i found much more fun after getting better at the game from finishing dark souls 1.

but yeah my first playthrough of dark souls 1 took me about 120 hours or something stupid, i was not very good at it at the beginning.

the thing that fucked me up the most on the first one was

not being able to figure out how to get through the door into the forest, when i all i needed was to buy it from the fuckin blacksmith. i lost hours of running round clueless to that.