IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Majora's Mask (GC port, sadly), Super Mario Sunshine and Child of Light. Although, MM has most of my attention for the moment.

"You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?"

Only ever completed this once when it first came out, so it's like a new game to me with vague memories.

Edited by NorthernFusion

Guest bitroast

Majora's Mask (GC port, sadly), Super Mario Sunshine and Child of Light. Although, MM has most of my attention for the moment.

Only ever completed this once when it first came out, so it's like a new game to me with vague memories.

Are there any issues with GC port? I assume the controls are ... probably fine?

I would like to retract my previous rant about Wind Waker HD on wii u not being great. Got the super fast red sail and this game is clearly superior the gamecube version. I still... kind of .... prefer the simplistic look of the GC to the wii u, but the gameplay advantages make up for it !!

Are there any issues with GC port? I assume the controls are ... probably fine?

I would like to retract my previous rant about Wind Waker HD on wii u not being great. Got the super fast red sail and this game is clearly superior the gamecube version. I still... kind of .... prefer the simplistic look of the GC to the wii u, but the gameplay advantages make up for it !!

Framerate issues in certain areas (mainly because the game will be looking for an expansion pak that isn't there), and the sound can be a little glitchy in places too. It's still completely playable, but the N64 original is way better.

I was kind of disappointed that they modified Wind Waker (outside of the graphics), I honestly loved exploring regardless how long it took with the sailing. I still think it looks amazing on Gamecube too, as do most Gamecube games actually. I'm still going to play the Wii U version when I pick one up, but that won't be until around Christmas. Plus, I have a shit-ton of PS3, Vita/PSP, Wii and Gamecube games to sort through.

Guest bitroast

I was kind of disappointed that they modified Wind Waker (outside of the graphics), I honestly loved exploring regardless how long it took with the sailing. I still think it looks amazing on Gamecube too, as do most Gamecube games actually. I'm still going to play the Wii U version when I pick one up, but that won't be until around Christmas. Plus, I have a shit-ton of PS3, Vita/PSP, Wii and Gamecube games to sort through.

it took me the longest time to come to terms with the upgraded graphics (still think they're inferior but WHATEVER).

when sailing around on the sea, it's near impossible to switch back to the original sailing speed. it's ... so... slow. not only does the red sail DOUBLE the speed of the original sail, the direction of the wind follows you as you turn so you don't have to play the song on the wind waker every time. gob smacked. it changes the game a little bit.

a friend offered his brothers copy of donkey kong jungle beat + congo drums for free (I offered money or anything in return but kept getting "nah don't worry about it he doesn't play it"). as for when this is happening I have no idea, but I seem to recall him mentioning having that Zelda collectors edition as well... I haven't played jungle beat. here's hoping i'll be able to post about playing that one soon :)

it took me the longest time to come to terms with the upgraded graphics (still think they're inferior but WHATEVER).

when sailing around on the sea, it's near impossible to switch back to the original sailing speed. it's ... so... slow. not only does the red sail DOUBLE the speed of the original sail, the direction of the wind follows you as you turn so you don't have to play the song on the wind waker every time. gob smacked. it changes the game a little bit.

a friend offered his brothers copy of donkey kong jungle beat + congo drums for free (I offered money or anything in return but kept getting "nah don't worry about it he doesn't play it"). as for when this is happening I have no idea, but I seem to recall him mentioning having that Zelda collectors edition as well... I haven't played jungle beat. here's hoping i'll be able to post about playing that one soon :)

It probably is ten times better, but it's just my preference to preserve the original as much as possible etc.

I picked up a pair of bongos plus Donkey Konga 1+2 and Jungle Beat. Jungle Beat is meant to be amazing, I don't know why I overlooked it back then.

My copy of the Zelda collectors disc is with a copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash, I guess they bundled them together with the MK console? I also have the limited edition of WW with OoT and its master quest.

Also, if you haven't already, buy Earthbound. Shit's amazing.

So close to beating world 4 in Spelunky...

4-4 spoiler

(I know putting this in spoiler is pretty petty, but for me a big thrill of spelunky is learning how the game works and discovering the secrets for yourself, and I cant be bothered inadvertently spoiling that for anyone)

*n* had the book and skull cup and everything.

10362750_10152634811816719_3273605466021

Ah man! I discovered most things on my own, but I did end up looking up some wikis.

I got the skull cap and got to the mother ship for the first time yesterday!

It probably is ten times better, but it's just my preference to preserve the original as much as possible etc.

I picked up a pair of bongos plus Donkey Konga 1+2 and Jungle Beat. Jungle Beat is meant to be amazing, I don't know why I overlooked it back then.

My copy of the Zelda collectors disc is with a copy of Mario Kart: Double Dash, I guess they bundled them together with the MK console? I also have the limited edition of WW with OoT and its master quest.

uhhh yeah man earthbound is in my top 5 games EVER!

Mother 4 (or earthbound 3 or whatever) is coming out next year man!

ARE YOU READY?!

DO YOU EVEN LIFT NORMAN BRAH?

hehe

np dark souls: prepare to die edition. holy shit this game is fuuuun.

just got back into it as well, and yeah this is one of the most satisfying games I've ever played, lol. has a certain familiarity with the SNES super ghouls n' ghosts to me, probably just because I died like it was going out of style in that one too.

dark souls is just too damn pretty on top of its brutality, can't get enough.

Guest jasondonervan

Posted about this one a while back, but this is definitely a game I want to be saying I'm playing when it comes out:

uhhh yeah man earthbound is in my top 5 games EVER!

Mother 4 (or earthbound 3 or whatever) is coming out next year man!

ARE YOU READY?!

DO YOU EVEN LIFT NORMAN BRAH?

hehe

I've never even played 1 and 3, I should probably just emulate them, it's not like they made it out west anyway.

Posted about this one a while back, but this is definitely a game I want to be saying I'm playing when it comes out:

I want to buy a PS4, but I still feel I'm like a year or so away from one. Did you pick it up on launch?

Late to the party but I just finished Dead Space 2 about an hour ago. Next-level survival horror. So many memorable parts... solar array jump, eye machine, lady hugging the grub baby, running from the regenerator when you're by the big marker... even the first few minutes when you're in the straightjacket are pure brilliance.

I'm not gonna bother with the third one as everyone I know that played it says they just turned it into a straight up non-horror 3rd person action game. Unfortunate.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Lost Alpha. It's been out for about three months now.

Technically it's more than just a mod for SoC - it's a free, standalone game. As I understand it, it's an overhaul from the ground up, depicting SoC "as it should've been" before final release. I'm only in the Cordon so far, but Dezowave has not only expanded on the textures and lighting, but also the maps, gameplay, NPCs, mutants, etc.

And Zombies aren't just brain-dead S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s who lumber around with guns. They're actually the type of zombies you'd expect from most games that include them.

Guest jasondonervan

I want to buy a PS4, but I still feel I'm like a year or so away from one. Did you pick it up on launch?

I did get one at launch, like most new consoles you don't really need to but I can't help but get sucked in by the thrill of the new. I've since picked up a few Japan-only titles like Yakuza Ishin and AKIBA'STRIP 2 which have tided me over nicely outside of the domestic release schedule. Although it's going to get a few beefed up previous-gen updates like Diablo III, The Last of Us and GTA V soon, there are other things on the horizon like Destiny and Drive Club that should help to show its strengths outside of 'remasters'.

I was in the Destiny alpha and enjoyed my time with it - I'm hungry for more and can't wait for the beta this week - I played a lot of Halo on Xbox/360 so Bungie always get my attention, but this uber edition of the previous Halo titles on the Xbox One doesn't interest me. Yeah, playing the old classic map sets would be great, but it's not enough to make me invest in yet another box under the telly, paying for another online subscription to access multiplayer, etc (besides, PS+ is a much better investment and can pay for itself if you're smart).

Im PC. SO i have atleast a dozen games at any given time I have not played yet. Although the last new game I got called "Jagged Alliance 2" I could not understand at all. And I like strategy games. Looking forward to playing the witcher, bulletstorm, and dark souls though

anyone with a Wii U deluxe system should check your Deluxe Digital Promotion balance, if you ever bought anything off eShop, you might have a redemption code waiting. Don't delay, promotion ends in December.

https://p.nintendo.net/deluxe/

So I've got the black 32gb one, is that the deluxe?

Guest jasondonervan

Picked up the flavour of the month (year?) in Japan right now, Youkai Watch 2 (3DS) which came out last week:

Bsr_qjmIMAEPPww.jpg

BssNB_zIgAAidk3.jpg

BssMtaXIMAAs8EB.jpg

It looks fantastic, probably one of the fanciest 3DS titles released so far... you'd expect nothing less from Level-5.