What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Smw cavehole

A5B2 0000 0045 ACB8

This one was cool! Liked it a lot.

Just uploaded a new one: A5D2 0000 004B 84C7

And a work in progress (need to unlock a few more things to finish it):

9AA9 0000 004C 1825

Anyone who's familiar with the classic game 'Helicopter' should be familiar with the gameplay of the above. Not sure if the ideas been done or not - probably has! But it works and is fun.

hahaha hardcore

Guest bitroast

Smw cavehole

A5B2 0000 0045 ACB8

9AA9 0000 004C 1825

Anyone who's familiar with the classic game 'Helicopter' should be familiar with the gameplay of the above. Not sure if the ideas been done or not - probably has! But it works and is fun.

nice xD

i was a bit skeptical that i spent too much time mapping out the level like crazy as opposed to figuring out ways to actually make it fun. glad it pulled through :D

this past week has been nothing but hardcore mario maker addiction. it's like the game has got everything that's terribly addicting about social media (sharing levels, getting likes) mixed with gambling (playing online levels and not knowing if it's gonna be awesome or terrible) mixed in with infinite mario levels.

buyer beware!! if you like mario this game has potential to be crack!!!

Listen to bitroast. It's 2:42am right now and I can't stop playing Mario Maker.

Just finished expert for the first time. Although some levels weren't amazingly designed I didn't seem to get even one enemies-spammed-everywhere kinda level. Maybe the algorithm took a few days to straighten out but I was pretty impressed. Unless I had a really lucky run, it might be working better to get genuine levels now.

Edited by QQQ

Finally got around to diving into Brutal Doom v20. This is still pretty much the most fun FPS one can play right now. Mind-boggling that with sheer fun-power it blows away the graphically amazing but ultimately soulless AAA shit that costs millions of dollars to make. Gameplay >>>>>

Two gripes with this new version... The dual wield assault rifles have shitty ammo management (you can run out of ammo just using one, but still have ammo with two), and changing the mancubus pick-up weapon from a fireball launcher to an extremely weak flamethrower that obscures your vision entirely with flames was a bad idea. You basically just create a wall of flames in front of you that doesn't kill anything and then you're dead from all the projectiles you were hit with while you couldn't see. Minor complaints though, because everything else is pretty much flawless.

The addition of grenades is fun+++ It modernizes the game even further and doesn't really fuck up the balance at all with how sparingly they give them to you. The new difficulty modes are excellent and let you find just the perfect amount of challenge, and the levels of cartoonish gore have somehow been ramped up even further with increased gibs & splatters. They even have a gore level menu setting with options like "Japanese Cartoon".

15/10 GOAT GOTY

I would pay money for this if it wasn't free.

Smw cavehole

A5B2 0000 0045 ACB8

9AA9 0000 004C 1825

nice xD

i was a bit skeptical that i spent too much time mapping out the level like crazy as opposed to figuring out ways to actually make it fun. glad it pulled through :D

this past week has been nothing but hardcore mario maker addiction. it's like the game has got everything that's terribly addicting about social media (sharing levels, getting likes) mixed with gambling (playing online levels and not knowing if it's gonna be awesome or terrible) mixed in with infinite mario levels.

buyer beware!! if you like mario this game has potential to be crack!!!

Dude, I stayed up until 7am twice this week trying to make stages. I'm running on 3 hours of sleep, and all I want to do is play Mario Maker. I admit that I have a problem.

Finally got around to diving into Brutal Doom v20. This is still pretty much the most fun FPS one can play right now. Mind-boggling that with sheer fun-power it blows away the graphically amazing but ultimately soulless AAA shit that costs millions of dollars to make. Gameplay >>>>>

Two gripes with this new version... The dual wield assault rifles have shitty ammo management (you can run out of ammo just using one, but still have ammo with two), and changing the mancubus pick-up weapon from a fireball launcher to an extremely weak flamethrower that obscures your vision entirely with flames was a bad idea. You basically just create a wall of flames in front of you that doesn't kill anything and then you're dead from all the projectiles you were hit with while you couldn't see. Minor complaints though, because everything else is pretty much flawless.

The addition of grenades is fun+++ It modernizes the game even further and doesn't really fuck up the balance at all with how sparingly they give them to you. The new difficulty modes are excellent and let you find just the perfect amount of challenge, and the levels of cartoonish gore have somehow been ramped up even further with increased gibs & splatters. They even have a gore level menu setting with options like "Japanese Cartoon".

15/10 GOAT GOTY

I would pay money for this if it wasn't free.

Yeah Brutal Doom is a masterpiece in game modding. I thought Sergeant Mk. IV was supposed to be either cranking out new maps or revamping the original ones, but I'm not sure. I don't think it's coincidence that the "execution" moves in the next official Doom installment are similar to BD's Rip N' Tear mode.

I'd love to see a new full 32 level Doom 2 wad that is built with Brutal Doom's changes & full mouselook in mind, but for now Doom 2 is still as awesome as ever.

Now playing some more I see they redid the friendly AI & functionality as well... they're actually pretty useful now and don't die after 30 seconds.

Also I was wrong about the mancubus cannon, they just moved the fireball to alternate fire and made that shit flamethrower the primary.

I'd love to see a new full 32 level Doom 2 wad that is built with Brutal Doom's changes & full mouselook in mind, but for now Doom 2 is still as awesome as ever.

Now playing some more I see they redid the friendly AI & functionality as well... they're actually pretty useful now and don't die after 30 seconds.

Also I was wrong about the mancubus cannon, they just moved the fireball to alternate fire and made that shit flamethrower the primary.

I thought fireball was primary and flamer was secondary on the fatboy cannon, but I guess not. I like what SM4 did with the chainsaw though - you actually swing it around when chopping down monsters, which makes it look more realistic. The akimbo assault rifles & plasma guns is dope too, but I wonder if he ever got around to adding a weapon bob, cuz last time I tried they were stiff.

New maps pls Sarge

If you play "realstic" mode (the last difficulty on the list) it makes the movement 1/3 speed and adds lots of weapon bob, as well as higher damage/lower health for both you & the monsters. Really changes up the game. You have to actually enable & use jump to get through certain parts with the lack of sprinting.

Smw cavehole

A5B2 0000 0045 ACB8

9AA9 0000 004C 1825

I played your two newest stages. The Thwomp castle was cool. The note block section was devilish. I hate note blocks because they bounce much more weirdly than a trampoline.

As for the helicopter stage........ I couldn't finish it. I got past the first area and thought it was the end... When I saw that it wasn't, I died once and quit. Maybe later.....

Here's my latest one. It's a short airship level that just has a few environmental hazards and not many enemies. It could be kind of tricky.

Cubic Cabin Carrier: BEE9-0000-0052-1435

Smw cavehole

A5B2 0000 0045 ACB8

9AA9 0000 004C 1825

I played your two newest stages. The Thwomp castle was cool. The note block section was devilish. I hate note blocks because they bounce much more weirdly than a trampoline.

As for the helicopter stage........ I couldn't finish it. I got past the first area and thought it was the end... When I saw that it wasn't, I died once and quit. Maybe later.....

Here's my latest one. It's a short airship level that just has a few environmental hazards and not many enemies. It could be kind of tricky.

Cubic Cabin Carrier: BEE9-0000-0052-1435

I might make a short and long version of that. A short version for people to enjoy the idea, and a long one for a good challenge. When I finish that level it will be quite long because I'll be using a subworld as well. It's definitely not easy, but neither is the actual Helicopter game.

I made a new level as well

Haunted Bridge

6AA1 0000 0056 E251

It's easier than my other levels. Bonus points for anybody that finds the secret room/1up!

Edited by QQQ

I think the creativity in Super Mario Maker will only grow as players become most familiar with the toolset, plus you have Xmas coming up which will sell more copies and consoles. Too bad it's on a less than stellar selling console: maybe shit like Metroid, Kirby, someone will figure out how to do a Zelda map, pinball, Arkanoid, the possibilities are really endless. I'm hoping for a 3DS port next year.